Mick Schumacher 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4133500)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Brazilian Grand Prix 2022

Who's yours?
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4133523)   #2
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grief Ocon / Gasly in the same team in 2023. Imagine!
Old 13 Nov 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4133535)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GEOOOOOOORGE!
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:56 (Ref:4133551)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Good grief Ocon / Gasly in the same team in 2023. Imagine!
Hope Alpine have lots of spare parts...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Nov 2022, 00:22 (Ref:4133560)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
George Russell is the kind of guy who wins F1 races.

Am I doing this right?
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4133599)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
George had his best day ever so he gets my vote
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4133605)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
George. Simple as that. Kudos to Mr Alonso though, he really does still have it.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:35 (Ref:4133613)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a toss up between Russell and Alonso. I'll go for Freddy, as I haven't voted for him yet this year
Old 14 Nov 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4133632)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Its a no Brainer

What a come back drive by the Finn, 9th place!

Congratulations Keke Rosberg!

Last edited by bathurst77; 14 Nov 2022 at 10:24.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4133633)   #10
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I was impressed by both Lewis and LeClerc's results given they were both nowhere after offs early in the race.
But I thought the 5 seconds on max was harsh

Ahh to hell it was Gorgeous George's weekend. Qualified well, brilliant sprint and kept his cool all day, even when the pressure was on.

Nobody could deny that it was a deserved win, and everyone should think it was a brilliant day
Old 14 Nov 2022, 11:45 (Ref:4133649)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Can't really be anyone other than George, can it? Pretty well faultless - even if he did own up to "one mistake that maybe cost me a tenth or so"
Old 14 Nov 2022, 17:22 (Ref:4133704)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
George Russell was brilliant all race. Nailed the start, the strategy, the race pace and the restart. This win sums up his season. When that Mercedes win finally came knocking, it doesn't surprise me that it was Boy George to deliver it. He's been really impressive against Hamilton all season.

For me, though, the driver of the Grand Prix was the only guy to still make me feel young (or maybe old! He's a few years older than me and racing F1 competitively) - Don Fernando Alonso. Excellent edge of the seat moves, just absorbing to watch. Captured my attention and reminded me of why motorsport is so thrilling to watch.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4133722)   #13
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there were some really great drives in this race, and really good performances. In the end I voted for Fernando Alonso. He is my all time favourite driver and in this race I think he showed some of that marvellous skill. Well done Fred!

But, who can forget Mr. Cool himself taking the win!? What a great win by George. He drives very carefully, gives cool feedback and a very measured and calculated style. So, so sweet to see.

I also loved seeing Lewis trying to hunt him down. Hey, he did pass 20 cars once, why not try to do it again?

But, the best laugh out loud moment of the weekend was when Sebastian was forced off the track by his teammate (and disgracefully dirty racer!), and his radio communication was just an "Ok". I love you Seb.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4133748)   #14
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the driver interviews I'm struck by how Carlos Sainz talk. He is always finding positives, and looking at his race he did extremely well for a race where he could have ended up with a car going up in flames with that blocked brake duct!

Leclerc looks quite lost in comparison. Sainz has been struck with bad luck and Ferrari bumbling things, but it looks like Sainz handles it better. He has managed to say supportive things about the team and his team mate all year.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 22:11 (Ref:4133750)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This one could only go to Gorgeous George. He was supreme all weekend. I predict this win is the first of many, assuming Mercedes don’t drop the ball again.

There were some other good performances too. Lulu kept the pressure on George once the safety car eliminated George’s margin. Both Ferrari drivers did well despite their delays. And Fred was absolutely flying near the end.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 22:34 (Ref:4133756)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Its a no Brainer

What a come back drive by the Finn, 9th place!

Congratulations Keke Rosberg!

And all the skyF1 divs could come up with was 'ooh you're doing a Mansell'

Shame VB didn't mention Keijo!
Old 14 Nov 2022, 22:35 (Ref:4133757)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
George. Simple as that. Kudos to Mr Alonso though, he really does still have it.
Indeed, these two were 10 out of 10's for me!
Old 16 Nov 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4133926)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well it's George isn't it?

Kudos to Alonso, Sainz and Magnussen (ok so Magnussen didn't last long in the actual gp but he deserves a mention for qualifying alone).

At the other end of the scale Ricciardo had an absolute nightmare and you've got to think Schumacher is done as well.