Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Nov 2022, 09:18 (Ref:4134102)   #126
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Do you have a source that confirms what you allege Checo did?

Sergio Perez has denied claims he crashed deliberately during Formula 1 qualifying at the Monaco Grand Prix

Asked on Thursday in Abu Dhabi if he had crashed purposely in Monaco, Perez denied it. - "“You can review the whole lap and you can already see that I nearly crashed already in Turn 1. I’m just giving it everything, it is the last run of Q3. People just make make mistakes, you know. And that’s really it when you’re chasing the laptime."

When asked about rumours that Red Bull had carried out an internal investigation into the Monaco crash and Perez had then admitted to doing it deliberately, Perez replied: “the rumour is wrong”.
Unfortunately it’s childish to imagine that 90%+ of stuff has any sort of official source. Some scuttlebutt does turn out be wrong but much more turns out to be largely correct.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4134120)   #127
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If the word in the paddock is that everyone knows Perez admitted to crashing on purpose and RB are now covering it up, wouldn’t Toto be on his soap box accusing RB of cheating and a cover up and/or Zak be writing letters to the media about it?

Cause I’m pretty sure that’s how it works in the paddock these days?:
Old 18 Nov 2022, 12:51 (Ref:4134121)   #128
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
If the word in the paddock is that everyone knows Perez admitted to crashing on purpose and RB are now covering it up, wouldn’t Toto be on his soap box accusing RB of cheating and a cover up and/or Zak be writing letters to the media about it?

A very valid point made with and without your tongue in your cheek). I'm sure that Toto (and the other team principles) would be jumping on this if it is now common knowledge. This would put Red Bull in a very awkward position if it comes to a head.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4134126)   #129
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a reason only F1 twitter is foaming over the Perez telemetry traces, but the real engineers aren't. Because even the telemetry traces aren't evidence of it.

Based on the current evidence (or lack of), the only thing worth discussing is drivers losing their Q times for causing red/yellows. You already lose laps for blocking a driver. Yet if you cause the entire grid to suffer, you do not. Just do what IndyCar does - delete your laps. Problem goes away.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 05:36 (Ref:4134341)   #130
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Just do what IndyCar does - delete your laps. Problem goes away.
Agreed, it works well in a few series and would improve qualifying.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 06:23 (Ref:4134344)   #131
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Where’s this been said? I can’t find it.

I said “apparently” which is a long way from your “everyone knows.”

Anyway rivals would be very careful about criticising in public when they know what their own teams have done. A bit like the budget cap comments have totally stopped since the suggestion that six teams are failing 2022 started.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4134365)   #132
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Where’s this been said?
In the paddock. I thought we all heard it.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 13:34 (Ref:4134366)   #133
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just looked up the six teams thing. The articles start with "Christian Horner says..."
Old 20 Nov 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4134373)   #134
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Just looked up the six teams thing. The articles start with "Christian Horner says..."
He got it from Dr Marko LOL.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4134374)   #135
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
In the paddock. I thought we all heard it.
Oh ok. I certainly hadn’t heard it was so certain.