Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: Select all of the venues you think should host an F1 race
Albert Park Circuit - Australia 8 72.73%
Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva – Portugal 0 0%
Autódromo Hermanos Rodr?*guez - Mexico 6 54.55%
Autódromo Internacional do Algarve – Portugal 4 36.36%
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello - Italy 5 45.45%
Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari – Italy 7 63.64%
Autódromo José Carlos Pace – Brazil 9 81.82%
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza - Italy 8 72.73%
Bahrain International Circuit - Bahrain 3 27.27%
Baku City Circuit – Azerbaijan 4 36.36%
Buddh International Circuit – India 2 18.18%
Chang International Circuit – Thailand 0 0%
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Spain 3 27.27%
Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo - Spain 0 0%
Circuit de Monaco – Monaco 8 72.73%
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours – France 1 9.09%
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Belgium 11 100.00%
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve – Canada 10 90.91%
Circuit of the Americas - United States 8 72.73%
Circuit Paul Ricard - France 2 18.18%
Circuit Zandvoort – Netherlands 8 72.73%
Circuito de Jerez – Ángel Nieto – Spain 0 0%
Circuito di Fiorano - Italy 0 0%
Dubai Autodrome - United Arab Emirates 1 9.09%
Fuji Speedway – Japan 4 36.36%
Hockenheimring – Germany 7 63.64%
Hungaroring – Hungary 7 63.64%
Igora Drive – Russia 0 0%
Indianapolis Motor Speedway - United States 1 9.09%
Intercity Istanbul Park – Turkey 6 54.55%
Jeddah Corniche Circuit - Saudi Arabia 2 18.18%
Korea International Circuit - South Korea 1 9.09%
Kuwait Motor Town - Kuwait 0 0%
Losail International Circuit – Qatar 1 9.09%
Marina Bay Street Circuit - Singapore 5 45.45%
Miami International Autodrome - United States 1 9.09%
Moscow Raceway – Russia 0 0%
MotorLand Aragón – Spain 3 27.27%
Nürburgring - Germany 9 81.82%
Red Bull Ring – Austria 10 90.91%
Sepang International Circuit – Malaysia 8 72.73%
Shanghai International Circuit - China 1 9.09%
Silverstone Circuit - United Kingdom 10 90.91%
Sochi Autodrom - Russia 0 0%
Suzuka International Racing Course – Japan 11 100.00%
Yas Marina Circuit - United Arab Emirates 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4126839)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where should F1 go racing?

To complement the ideal number of races thread - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157435 - this thread exists to determine where the ideal F1 season should host races.

There are many factors that form the decision - political, financial, commercial, social, historical, sporting etc.

As with the number of races thread - this is in this part of the forum to (hopefully) stay away from the merits of a certain venue. Please feel free to consider any of those factors in selecting which circuits should host an F1 race, and the scenario is if you were trying to build the perfect 2023 F1 calendar.

Justification (in the context of this thread) is a personal matter, but if you want to put forward the reason for a circuit being on the list, please feel free to comment.
Reasons for excluding a venue are probably best reserved for elsewhere (just don't vote for that circuit )

The list of circuits has been made based on all circuits that are (currently) FIA Grade 1 or have been scheduled to host an F1 race.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4126850)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I picked 20.

I included Monaco, but really that should be turned into a different type of event - something like a time trial or a race of champions format. I would love them to try that out one year alongside the race, to see if it works, and then perhaps drop the silly race where even the Porsche Supercup cars are too big and fast to overtake.

No to tracks that produce bad races year after year - that includes Albert Park (sorry my Aussie friends). Singapore (although pretty) falls into this category as does Barcelona.

No to many of the middle east tracks that in my tired old mind all look the same - but if I were to actually do some proper research I would probably be able to pick a few of them that should probably be included.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4126851)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think some venues are important, like Silverstone, Monza and Spa for example. However the country it is being hosted in is just as important. For example Adelaide was good to go to and while it was a shame to lose it, Albert Park has been a great Oz GP too.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4127292)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I hold no requirements for the calendar to be the same from year to year I would be fine with any rotating combination of 16-18 races a year.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4127485)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So - currently only four circuits receive a unanimous vote.
That's to be expected, but one of the four has come as a bit of a surprise to me.

There definitely seems to be a preference for 'historical' venues amongst the pollsters.