Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4126991)   #451
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alfa Romeo F1 Team ORLEN with a 'historic' announcement in 4 days time....
Old 23 Sep 2022, 15:47 (Ref:4127003)   #452
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No real surprises but Latifi has been confirmed out of Williams at season end.....

https://twitter.com/NicholasLatifi/s...%2F10373206%2F

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/la...ason/10373206/

I guess their options as to a replacement will be what pieces of jigsaw are left after the Gasly De Vries AT / Alpine scenarios have played, along with Sargeant (their Academy guy in F2) who needs a good season finish to guarantee his Superlicence. Plus of course what transpires at Haas. A few options

Latifi did ok last year, but has been lacking a bit compared to Albon this year. So no surprise he’s going. Guess they don’t need his money either

In other news Tsunoda has been confirmed for another year
Old 23 Sep 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4127008)   #453
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Alfa Romeo F1 Team ORLEN with a 'historic' announcement in 4 days time....
Perhaps something to do with Audi......?
Old 23 Sep 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4127009)   #454
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think Sargent just needs 13 points so he's probably good there with a round to go currently in 3rd. Might be under 13 if he has FP points as well
Yes.... he needs to finish at least 5th in the Championship. However the following pack is compressed and close. A bad weekend for him and a good one for the chasers could change things. He should be safe on at least finishing 5th in the chase, but ....

He does have a confirmed FP1 at Austin up his sleeve in his favour though. Im sure Williams would happily throw him into a couple of more if neccessary.

The chasers.....:

F2 Current status

Pos. Name Points.
3. L. Sargeant 135

4. J. Doohan. 126

5. J. Daruvala. 126

6. E. Fittipaldi. 126

7. L. Lawson. 123
Old 23 Sep 2022, 16:23 (Ref:4127010)   #455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Perhaps something to do with Audi......?
There are lots of suggestions it might be - but others think it is too early for a formal Audi announcement.

'Announcement coming soon… stay tuned. 27.09.22

#KeepMakingHistory'

Old 23 Sep 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4127034)   #456
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Latifi did ok last year, but has been lacking a bit compared to Albon this year.
A BIT ?
Old 23 Sep 2022, 20:02 (Ref:4127040)   #457
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
A BIT ?
Latifi has been lacking a LOT his entire career!
Old 24 Sep 2022, 00:11 (Ref:4127050)   #458
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There are lots of suggestions it might be - but others think it is too early for a formal Audi announcement.

'Announcement coming soon… stay tuned. 27.09.22

#KeepMakingHistory'

Mr Ricciardo signing?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Sep 2022, 00:11 (Ref:4127051)   #459
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Latifi has been lacking a LOT his entire career!
He is still an option for Alpine..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Sep 2022, 03:50 (Ref:4127059)   #460
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Zhou re-signing. Probably.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 03:52 (Ref:4127060)   #461
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes.... he needs to finish at least 5th in the Championship. However the following pack is compressed and close. A bad weekend for him and a good one for the chasers could change things. He should be safe on at least finishing 5th in the chase, but ....

He does have a confirmed FP1 at Austin up his sleeve in his favour though. Im sure Williams would happily throw him into a couple of more if neccessary.

The chasers.....:

F2 Current status

Pos. Name Points.
3. L. Sargeant 135

4. J. Doohan. 126

5. J. Daruvala. 126

6. E. Fittipaldi. 126

7. L. Lawson. 123
Liam is the one on the move. He was unlicky again at Monza but generally speaking when he doesn't have problems he is challenging for wins.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4127072)   #462
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Zhou re-signing. Probably.
No brainer IMO. He's showed enough talent and seems a safe pair of hands
Old 28 Sep 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4127729)   #463
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Two announcements I saw
Some Facebook multipart "Drive an Alfa to Survive" show launched and yes Zhou is locked in for 23.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4127731)   #464
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Six sprints in 2023 is now confirmed.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4127734)   #465
S griffin
Veteran

Good that Zhou is confirmed. Not so keen on more sprint races. They still haven’t done enough to justify their place in F1
Old 28 Sep 2022, 10:26 (Ref:4127739)   #466
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Not so keen on more sprint races. They still haven’t done enough to justify their place in F1
I think that depends on the perspective you view them from.

Their justification comes from the fact that they boost both television audiences and income, and many organisers are interested in hosting them at their grands prix.

I'm not saying that is a good thing - but it is justification in the eyes of many.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4127749)   #467
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Six sprints in 2023 is now confirmed.
I enjoy the sprints, variety etc, but six is enough, maybe too many.
Be interesting to see which rounds get sprints

Makes me remember in the late 70s there was talk that World Driver Champion title would include multi categories.
To be WDC you had to get points in F1, sedans, rally, maybe speedway etc, to show you were The Best Driver.

It went no further than idle chat, but was reported in some magazines at the time
(you might remember black squid juice on slivers of dead tree making your fingers dirty before the interwebby tubes superhighway)

Last edited by bathurst77; 28 Sep 2022 at 11:24.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4127777)   #468
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
I think that depends on the perspective you view them from.

Their justification comes from the fact that they boost both television audiences and income, and many organisers are interested in hosting them at their grands prix.

I'm not saying that is a good thing - but it is justification in the eyes of many.

Very complacent to look at them from TV audience figures. How quickly will the novelty wear off and people won’t watch anymore?
Old 28 Sep 2022, 17:11 (Ref:4127782)   #469
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How quickly will the novelty wear off and people won’t watch anymore?
isnt that what happened to the prior quali sessions tho?

this is an hour that they have been changing around for the last 20 years now and one which certainly has a massively lower viewership than the race itself regardless of the format.

so for sure though they have to question how many are still watching a full quali sessions vs the just last few minutes or a highlight package?

but honest admission from someone who has defended the sprint races...they havent been all that great and i dont feel compelled to watch them at all.

so yeah fair fair, maybe go back to the old days, let them spec out the cars in quali trim, low fuel runs, and even let pirelli showcase yet another compound but one tailor made for quali and lets see how a bit of tradition works for today's audiences?
Old 29 Sep 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4127821)   #470
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Talk here is that Gasly to Alpine and de Vries to AT might be about done.

Personally I don't really get why AT would want de Vries so badly, but hey ho.

Seems to leave Williams to choose between Sargeant, Schumacher and Ricciardo? Or will Schuey stay at Haas after all?
Old 29 Sep 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4127822)   #471
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Seems to leave Williams to choose between Sargeant, Schumacher and Ricciardo? Or will Schuey stay at Haas after all?
I would have thought the motivation for AT to get de Vries would be to wrestle him away from Mercedes.
Old 29 Sep 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4127852)   #472
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I would have thought the motivation for AT to get de Vries would be to wrestle him away from Mercedes.
Especially after Albon ended up at Mercedes powered Williams
Old 29 Sep 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4127881)   #473
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Alpha Tauri want de Vries for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, Red Bull have concluded that having a good non-Red Bull driver next to Verstappen is far better than having a substandard Red Bull junior.
Secondly, Red Bull have concluded that their F2 juniors are either not good enough, or not experienced enough to promte to F1 in 2023.

De Vries is an excellent flavour of the month to stick in - if he does well, he's a potential Perez replacement. If he does poorly, it's given Hauger an extra bit of experience for 2024.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 01:50 (Ref:4129098)   #474
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:

Gasman and de Vries now confirmed.

Sargeant to follow in Austin.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 02:23 (Ref:4129102)   #475
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Gasman and de Vries now confirmed.
NDV story here.

PG story here.