Yuki Tsunoda 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4124758)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Dutch Grand Prix 2022

Who gets it?
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:47 (Ref:4124800)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max would be the easy choice, but Russell gets it from me. He drove a tactically brilliant race.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:47 (Ref:4124801)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max at home is dangerous!
Old 4 Sep 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4124804)   #4
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it's Alonso
Old 4 Sep 2022, 16:23 (Ref:4124812)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Russell, he drove a really solid race.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 20:14 (Ref:4124845)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I voted Alonso, for making good progress through the field and giving it a good go. Verstappen and Russell also did well.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 20:19 (Ref:4124847)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
George for me. Max did what we all knew he would. George was really on it from a relatively poor grid position and the call for tyres as he came into the pits was spot on.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 20:51 (Ref:4124858)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Russell for me by a narrow margin. He had a strong weekend and the call from him to jump onto the soft under SC was very good - well deserved P2 as a result.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4124876)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This for me was a difficult call. It could have been Max, Lewis or Fernando. But I gave it to George. The call for softs at the last moment tipped it in his favour.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 05:36 (Ref:4124918)   #10
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max, kudos to George.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4124931)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Norris had a good race which wasn't really noticeable.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 08:31 (Ref:4124933)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
could have given it to george but max was in a class of his own again
Old 5 Sep 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4124942)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Max for turning his bad friday start into another great performance.
George also very good, the new team leader at Mercedes, great call from him!
Old 5 Sep 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4124948)   #14
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
George also very good, the new team leader at Mercedes, great call from him!

That's a bit of non-sense and you probably know it.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 13:32 (Ref:4124974)   #15
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max was perfect, but had no reason not to be. Norris made as much of it as he could, well done. Russel was driving well, and as before thinking smart and fast.

Alonso gets my vote for some of the few overtakes that wasn't just expected. For once he wasn't pushed into the wall by his team mate...
Old 6 Sep 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4125095)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
That's a bit of non-sense and you probably know it.
Not so far off in reality now though is it? There's precious little to choose between them.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4125119)   #17
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not so far off in reality now though is it? There's precious little to choose between them.
exactly, performance wise they seem equal but it looks like Russell is more aggressive in deciding his own strategy
Old 6 Sep 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4125123)   #18
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree there is not much between them although I reckon Hamilton has a slight edge in pure pace. I also would agree that Hamilton will think again about the keen assertiveness Russell has shown on strategy this season compared to relying on the team like he has done himself.

To state however something as bold as Russell is the new leader of the team, is taken that line of thought way too far in my book. Especially as we don't know the roles each driver has played in experimenting to get the W13 to work.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 14:40 (Ref:4125125)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Russell has shown he is worthy of that top seat and has got rid of that ridiculous perception that he was ‘Mr Saturday’. He’s shown himself capable of being more than a match for Hamilton, which shows he’s a champion in waiting. However Hamilton clearly still has it
Old 6 Sep 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4125136)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure Ham was upset during the race but post race he really stepped back from it...in the heat of the moment he understandably didnt see it but i suspect he has an understanding with the team that unless its a 'for the win' then they dont want it so they are going to opt for some sort of offset strategy to Max/RB and hope like heck it works out?

he has scored at least 1 win in every F1 season he has contested in so far and time is running out for this season.

GR on the other hand is building up his bonafides so will take those 2nds and 3rds when on offer. not that i dont think he is not talented enough or whatever...rather just think that at this stage of his career he is playing the game differently to his team mate so comparisons between the two are not so clear cut imo.

just speculation of course

not quite a DC and MH analogy, but at some point the team will need the 'veteran' to move over to help the 'rookie' to score his first win at which points the real drama will start.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 16:48 (Ref:4125141)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

Drivers don’t have as much info as the pitwall during the race, so it’s easy for them to not understand and as a result say something in the heat of the moment. And team bosses are more than ready for this, as Toto has explained. Hamilton was right to step back a bit after the race

Btw I don’t think they necessarily will ask Hamilton to help Russell get his first win. Not least Russell will want to win on merit
Old 6 Sep 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4125163)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Alonso. Classy drive.