Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2424441)   #26
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The classic GP stuff is currently playing out on 301, although I dunno if this'll change over the next couple of days (I dunno what's scheduled to go out).
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2424446)   #27
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't even know any classic GP stuff was on, has it been advertised?! I've just pressed my red button and there is nothing on but teletext and news. So where do I find the old F1 races that people have been talking about?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2424447)   #28
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look on channel 301 - it's showing there until 4pm (at the very least). Otherwise, you can watch online here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben..._the_winn.html
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2424448)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
I didn't even know any classic GP stuff was on, has it been advertised?! I've just pressed my red button and there is nothing on but teletext and news. So where do I find the old F1 races that people have been talking about?
Go down to the Sports Multiscreen and it's option 2

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2424449)   #30
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may get up a bit earlier than usual for work on friday to watch the last half an hour or so of the second session.

Will be seeing quali and race live though, definitely!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2424453)   #31
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post

Go to sports multiscreen then I think its currently option2 via Sky or red button, or channel 301/302 on Freeview.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2424454)   #32
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm off out to a gig tomorrow night so I think I'll just stay up for the first session and watch it in a drunken haze.

See you on MSN Knowlesy.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2424455)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm watching the first practise on Sky+ tomorrow 2:30AM on the SPORTV2 channel and Friday 2:30AM on the SPORTV channel. Qualifying and race will be 3:00AM on GloboTV.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2424462)   #34
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll be watching every session live thanks to the BBC.

I'm going to have two TV's set up for the race so I can watch the World Feed and Onboard channel at the same time.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2424480)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I'm off out to a gig tomorrow night so I think I'll just stay up for the first session and watch it in a drunken haze.

See you on MSN Knowlesy.
Wasn't gonna be on, but seeing as you'll be drunk I think I will be now!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2424485)   #36
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Maxwell Murder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I definitely plan on watching the practice sessions. Here in Australia ONE will have coverage over all 3 days. Friday and Saturday coverage starts at 12:00 am and finishes at 7:00 pm (AEST), sounds promising!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2424487)   #37
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be 12:00pm to 7:00pm
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2424491)   #38
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Any way we can set up a live chat for this practise/qualy malarky? Would be good to chat to you guys whilst soaking it up!

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2424505)   #39
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
should be through IRC chat at top of page - I do hope so as it's the first time in 2 years I've had internet at home!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2424555)   #40
xbook
Rookie

xbook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey hiya,

I'll be watching practice on SpeedTV here in the states. One schedule says 11:30pm, another says 10:30pm. Who knows. I am just excited for the season to get started.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2424595)   #41
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll get home from work at midnight-ish, so I might as well stay up to watch pracitse. Not going to get much sleep this weekend, with work, marshalling and the small matter of the Aussie GP
Old 25 Mar 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2424600)   #42
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be staying up for the practise sessions. I really really cannot wait for this season!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2424615)   #43
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MMMmmmmmmh, practice sessions....

You guys are hardcore if you watch all practice sessions. Would have done that a few years ago, but now I occasionally catch them as reruns and typically restrict my live watching to qualifying and race.

Although this time I might watch the first half hour or so of the first practice just to see them on track, and then hit the bed.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2424664)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will. "For sure" as they say in F1.

Old 25 Mar 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2424704)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't watch any of it as I sold my telly after the points change was reversed.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2424874)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 25 Mar 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2424888)   #47
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't see it mentioned in the thread yet, so for the benefit of the Aussie viewers the One HD (full) telecast from Friday to Sunday is replicated on SD Channel 12.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2424995)   #48
scoobiesnoop
Rookie

England
UK
scoobiesnoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure I'll be watchin on t' intynet...
Old 26 Mar 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2425098)   #49
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched some of the Classic Australian GPs on 301 yesterday evening. The 1986 one I'd never seen (I was only 5 at the time!) and the changes between then and now are amazing:

The cars themselves. Nice big fat slick tyres, big wide wings, low to the ground with sparks coming up when going over bumps, sliding around some of the corners etc - make them look like "proper" racing cars. In car views show the drivers really struggling to control the cars. It looked more of a challenge back then. Plus, a proper gear stick - none of this paddle shift malarky business.

Safety - from the driver being ridiculously exposed with head bobbling about in the open, to the pits with mechanics just wearing trousers and a jumper - not even a mask! Plus seemingly lots of people meandering around the pit lane area, and no speed limit. Very different to today.

Murray Walker sounded exactly the same back then as he did commentating for ITV - the fact that his enthusiasm never dwindles is astonishing.

PS. How on earth did Mansell hold on to his car when that tyre went? I'd seen it on youtube or where ever, but to see it in the context of the race, seeing how far he went down the escape road just shows the speed he was travelling at.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2425107)   #50
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be on my PC... watching online on one screen . live timing on another, andy's brilliant spotters guide on a 3rd, tenths on the 4th and live chat on the 5th!

And speaking of live chat...

Grand Prix LIVE Chat

Please don't forget to join us in the ten-tenths chat room for live coverage of the Grand Prix!

You can log-in through the web here

You can also access the chat using a dedicated client.

If you're using Firefox, download the Chatzilla addon as the best alternative
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

Else, download any other IRC client, e.g. http://www.icechat.net/site/

The IRC server is irc.phishy.net, and the room is #motorsport (type "/join #motorsport" without the quotes when you're connected).
If you need any help in joining the chat room.. PM me and I'll try and help if I can.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.