Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Nov 2003, 11:30 (Ref:796961)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
A bit off topic:

Bon, where did you get that picture from?
Here:Paul Ricard HTTT

Official Paul Ricard site
Old 28 Nov 2003, 13:08 (Ref:797057)   #27
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French GP given a deadline of the 12th December!!!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 13:17 (Ref:797062)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Be nice if it moves, but Magny cours is ok, certainly from spectator point of view. Went in '94. and you can see loads of the track from the top of bank along the straight. It was a shame as a few of us had booked the travel in January expecting a Senna Schuey Lehto Hill etc.. of course evetns transpired to prevent this!

Be nice if Ricard gets the nod on the 12th!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 13:18 (Ref:797065)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
oops should say senna schuey lehto hill battle!
Old 11 Dec 2003, 04:21 (Ref:808940)   #30
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The British organizers selling GP tickets for a provisional July 11th date and it even seems to affect the MotoGp calendar,the French organizers still havn't gave it up yet and there is some chance that the GP will be saved.We will see the final calendar on friday anyway...

Quote:
'We are making progress on our financial aid,' motor sports federation president Jacques Regis told the country's L'Equipe newspaper.'A bit of patience yet,' Regis concluded
source
Old 12 Dec 2003, 21:16 (Ref:810544)   #31
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Today the World Council placed Magny-Cours back in the provisional calendar (with the note: subject to confirmation) the organizers' new and final deadline is 2003 december the 31st.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 10:22 (Ref:816698)   #32
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
French Formula One Grand Prix to take place in July
A record 18 races in 2004 (F1 teams still have to agree though since 18 race a season is againts the Concorde Agreement)
Old 20 Dec 2003, 16:48 (Ref:816920)   #33
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Magny-Cours. When its really hot it usually produces an exciting and dramatic race from the point of view of tyres, like in 2000.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 20:27 (Ref:818457)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FWIW. Today Autosport.com thinks it is back off!

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25581&s=5
Quote:
The government of the Burgundy region (in which the Magny-Cours circuit is to be found) has voted against making a two million euro contribution that was to form part of the rescue package announced by the French motorsport authority (FFSA) on Friday.

Last edited by Adam43; 22 Dec 2003 at 20:27.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 20:33 (Ref:818462)   #35
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, we've made the point in the past that in reality few governments will expend public money to support a 'sporting event' that is so obviously awash with money.

The fact that the races are unviable is largely due to the 'take' that the circuits receive from each race, which IIRC is only pure gate money, with trackside advertising, etc going to Allsport and others.

In the new GPWC/SLEC deal, it looks as if the teams will receive more from the 'whole' F1 income, I haven't seen mention of the circuits though.
Old 25 Dec 2003, 17:25 (Ref:820440)   #36
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be a GP at Paul Ricard unless someone in the French Government stumps up a lot of baloogey. How do I know this? Because Bernie Ecclestone owns Paul Ricard. Gosh! What a coincidence.

As regards infrastructure - it is a problem, because the track was conceived entirely as a test track, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to knock up a few grandstands around the place, truck in some loos, that sort of thing.

And the run off area - it was some kind of experiment at the circuit - the blue paint is high friction strips that apparently work better than gravel and have led to the introduction of the high friction tarmac runoffs at circuits like Hockenheim and Silverstone...
Old 25 Dec 2003, 17:29 (Ref:820441)   #37
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Oh yeah - I remember reading about it in a magazine - apparently the circuit has been designed to not need marshals...
Old 25 Dec 2003, 20:44 (Ref:820491)   #38
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1km maximum straight? I knew of a ruling on 1 mile... but 1km? Hanger Straight (silverstone), Sepang, Barcelona all have straights over 1km surely
Old 25 Dec 2003, 21:26 (Ref:820501)   #39
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thinking up a list of other decent national/international French tracks. Le Mans Bugatti and Paul Ricard seem to be definite possibilities to replace Magny-Cours. Here's a few more I feel. Some are a bit short and don't have the facilites, but hey I've included them just for a bit of fun. Just imaginee the F1 GP at these tracks...

Albi?
Charade?
Dijon-Prenois?
Pau?
Nogaro?
Val de Vienne?

Here's a list of all the tracks in France, so you can see for yourself, the existing tracks are in Yellow - http://www.racingcircuits.net/France/index.html
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 25 Dec 2003, 23:30 (Ref:820560)   #40
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Yes, but how many of them will Bernie Ecclestone directly profit from?

You're missing the point that money means everything in this sport...
Old 25 Dec 2003, 23:40 (Ref:820565)   #41
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not missing the point, just having a laugh and a dream

Of all the serious prospects (Le Mans, Paul Ricard, Magny) I hope Paul Ricard gets it, as its a cracker of a circuit, even if any move is financially motivated.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:25 (Ref:821579)   #42
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
won't Paul Richard give Toyota a huge edge as that is there test track?
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:03 (Ref:824335)   #43
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
has anyone got the length of the straight yet?

I can see the runway is 5741ft = 1750meters = 1.08miles in length ... the straight seems a tad shorter than that though...

Quote:
Originally posted by crozier74
Unfortunately, the FIA have a stupid rule in place about straights not being more than 1km in length. Does anyone know how long that backstraight is, 'cos if it's more than 1km then they might have to use one of those stupid chicanes halfway down it. Would be brilliant if they could use the whole thing

I'd love to see the French GP at Paul Ricard. It's a much better track than Le Mans Bugatti and Magny-Cours, shame about the spectator situation. I've made this point in the other French GP thread. But the GP at Pau, now that would be something!

BTW, beautiful photo, Bononi