Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3305777)   #1
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Nationwide Not renewing?

Quote:
Nationwide will not renew Series sponsorship UPDATE: Nationwide Insurance will exit its title sponsorship of NASCAR's secondary series following the '14 season, but the company plans to increase its spending in the sport by sponsoring a Sprint Cup team, buying media, cutting track deals and maintaining its position as NASCAR's official insurer. Nationwide is in the sixth year of a seven-year series title sponsorship. The title rights and media package cost approximately $8M a year. Nationwide CMO Matt Jauchius said the deal, which was signed in '07, had helped the company expand its business and earn the respect and trust of avid NASCAR fans. By increasing its sponsorship in the Sprint Cup, where it currently sponsors Roush Fenway Racing driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and continuing to endorse and feature Danica Patrick and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in advertising during Cup races, he hopes the company can expand brand awareness with casual NASCAR fans. Jauchius said, "Being a series sponsor was the right thing at that particular time but we see Sundays (for Cup races) as the next step. You'll see us lean into this even more at the Cup level. ... I will spend more money in 2014 and 2015 (in NASCAR) by shifting assets around a bit." NASCAR plans to begin searching for a new title sponsor immediately. That effort will be led by Chief Sales Officer Jim O'Connell.(Sports Business Journal)(9-18-2013)
From Jayski..
http://www.jayski.com/nationwide/nat...m#20130918-nns
Is the empire crumbling? I hope not.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3305808)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Bring back Busch.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3305817)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will be interesting to see if they can get a comparable deal with the next title sponsor. Will $8million a year still be the going rate? will they be able to sign a sponsor for a 7 year term again? I'm guessing they will get a shorter deal, because company X will want to see if they are getting their moneys worth after a few years.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3305908)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Nationwide on your si..oh...never mind.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3306119)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Bring back Busch.
While I like the idea for nostalgic reasons, I really don't know anyone who drinks that God awful beverage. Perhaps I hang with the wrong crowds.

It'll be something odd like Perdue Chicken or Cartoon Network or Go Daddy.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3306144)   #6
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
While I like the idea for nostalgic reasons, I really don't know anyone who drinks that God awful beverage. Perhaps I hang with the wrong crowds.

It'll be something odd like Perdue Chicken or Cartoon Network or Go Daddy.
As long as it doesn't become the 'Helluva Good Sour Cream Dips Series' i don't mind.

Seriously though, for me the Nationwide Series is at a crossroads. Any new potential sponsor is going to want big name (i.e Cup) drivers in the field on a regular basis. They think that people tune in to watch because of that. But for me, having those drivers in the field (especially Kyle 'I need to play in the minors to win anything' Busch) ruins the 'show'. I don't like watching a driver who is frankly too good for the series blasting his way to the pole in a car thats way better funded and way faster than any other and leading virtually every lap of the race. Thats F1, not Nascar.

I believe Nascar have a choice. Create competitive racing by banning anybody who runs for points in Cup from entering Nationwide races, but at the risk of losing possible sponsors. Or continue to accept Cup drivers on ego trips and car owners with bottomless pockets and risk fans turning off in their droves.

Nascar, it's over to you......................
Old 21 Sep 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3306934)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NAPA Auto Parts seems to have an opening
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House