Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Jun 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2902762)   #426
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried turning the coast up to as high as it would go (80) and it helped a little bit but didn't cure it. I also tried stiffening the car up and adding downforce as well. The problem is mainly when I change down and brake at the same time.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2902818)   #427
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
auto clutch?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2903269)   #428
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
auto clutch?
Yes, the wheel that I'm using (Mircosoft Xbox 360) wheel doesn't have a clutch pedal.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2903429)   #429
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely you can map the clutch to one of the button's on the wheel? Worth a shot?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2904221)   #430
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You shouldn't need a clutch though. I get round without a clutch just fine.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2904225)   #431
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Did you try diff settings? Turn coast up until you get it dialed out. Turning preload might help, but I wouldn't think so.
I don't know how to set-up the diff in rFactor. What do they mean by coast e.g.?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2904228)   #432
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheCurves View Post
Porsche GT3 RSR. Have been having a bit of trouble with the car swapping ends under brakes. Does anyone have a good setup (not asking for your gun setup) that fixes this problem?
You need to blip the throttle during down shifts for all of the GT cars. The Prototypes have Auto-Blip. Doing this will get rid of the main cause of swapping ends.

It only takes a little while to get used to it, but in a nutshell; everytime you pull the gear lever/pedal give the throttle a quick stab with your foot. The mod does not look to see if your matching revs, it just looks to see if your blipping the throttle.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2904282)   #433
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can confirm this, just turn off Auto clutch aswell. You will need to use the clutch on a button or pedal to get away, but after that when you get used to it the feeling is so much more immersive. I struggled like hell in the GT cars at first, the Vette and 997 in particular. But just go out and practice, it soon becomes second nature and you will find yourself selecting that option in every mod eventually.

You can't stop playing F1-91 with H pattern and no auto clutch after a while, just matching the revs and gears is so much more immersive.

I found it much easier to play Iracing after doing this aswell, as the clutch in that game is similar, no surprise really as the game physics are largely the same.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2904593)   #434
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Tried both suggestions of using no auto clutch and blipping the throttle.

I tried dissabling auto clutch first. It didn't cure it at all for me, even sometimes making it worse. Plus, every time I had to brake, I was searching for the Y button (because of no clutch petal on the Microsoft wheel) so I wasn't concentrating on my braking and turn in points.

Then I tried blipping the throttle. It made the car 100x better under brakes. The only problem i have with it is that the petals haven't got alot of travel and are quite soft and so everytime I blip the throttle, the petal almost goes to the floor.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2904720)   #435
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I don't know how to set-up the diff in rFactor. What do they mean by coast e.g.?
Power is the diff setting for when you're on the gas

+=understeer
-=oversteer

Coast is the diff setting for when you're off the power.

+=understeer
-=oversteer

Preload, I believe is the how much power is sent before either action, but either way,

+=understeer
-=oversteer
Old 24 Jun 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2905179)   #436
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Finally got Lime Rock and Oran Park working (Still having problems with Jarama though). Messing about on both (espically Oran Park). I want to know what a good time with the Porsche GT3 RSR around Lime Rock Chicane is. Is 54.94 on the money with the basic setup?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2905241)   #437
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know how to activate KERS/DRS for the 2011 F1 mod?

Did look at the video tutorial on YouTube, but like many of these, it doesn't work. I'd much rather hear it from someone trusted on here than some no-mark on YouTube.

Selby
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2905680)   #438
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hallo! I've used "search" but didn't find any mention of DRM Revival mod. If there're any players who are using this mod it would be interesting to know how they calibrate their game pads. I'm using G25 and trying to make it closer to a real cars. Thanks in advance.