Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2611613)   #51
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'm gutted about this. I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 (just bought it to play COD/Forza), and I really shouldn't buy a Wii to play this lol!

Annoying thing is, my mate's dad has one but I think he feels a lil reluctant about letting me borrow it for a couple of days because it's not his, it's specifically his dad's.

Selby
Bear in mind F1 2010 is due around March I think on those consoles. Be strong! Or, alternatively, the PSP version is quite fun as well. Though probably not as good as on the Wii.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2611618)   #52
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
March? That'd be awesome! I can certainly wait for that...

I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be somewhat later, though

Selby
Old 11 Jan 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2611739)   #53
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no reason to delay it any longer than the start of the season.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2612299)   #54
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need to have a mini-moan about the career mode at least in F1 2009 (PSP), and I hope this doesn't end up in the 2010 version! Here was one race at Monaco:

I qualified on Pole Position with a 1 stop fuel load. Because of the length of the race (19 laps) that meant coming in on Lap 9. My tyres went off a bit quick but I was on the soft so no big deal. Even though for the last two laps I was about 5 seconds of the pace, I stopped people getting past (even though the only way the AI overtakes is by ramming) and came into the pits in 2nd, having lost one place to Rubens (also on a one stop). About 5 cars on the same strategy followed me into the pits....and all of them got out first! My team's (Torro Rosso) pit stop was over 18 seconds!

So I fought my way past all the other one stoppers bar Barichello. 3 laps from the end my tyres are shredded again. Suddenly I realise I am not 2nd, I'm 3rd. 2 stopping Vettel has somehow managed to get in front as well. Then on my penultimate lap my team comes on the radio "Come in the pits, you're about to run out of fuel", despite the face they filled my tank at the stop. I don't go in the pits, but I can see I have only enough fuel for half a lap. So I coast it, only putting my foot down when I need to stop Kubica behind getting past. Though he rams me at Rascasse at manages anyway, meaning I finish in 4th.

Does the Wii version suffer from the same issues?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2612340)   #55
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That sounds pretty irritating...

Selby
Old 26 Jan 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2619921)   #56
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wonder if Codemasters saw the two tracks (Bahrain & Silverstone) in its new form?
Old 26 Jan 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2619932)   #57
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fox, the PSP and wii versions will have very little similarity to the 2010 game as far as I can deduce. Rest assured.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2639240)   #58
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more news on this game in March via Magazines & the web
Old 23 Feb 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2639349)   #59
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you know? link?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2639569)   #60
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yep, I read the same thing on the Codemasters forums.

Selby

---

And I see no reason why they would not be using the new layouts for Bahrain and Silverstone
Old 24 Feb 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2639766)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The new layout at Silverstone hasn't been finished yet though, has it? Guessing they would have to guess at the final feel and layout to the corners, just seems outside the dedication to realism game developers have been showing lately.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2639835)   #62
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well most of it is down, surely they can laser scan whats there and then add in where the walls will be using site plans and stuff?
Old 12 Apr 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2671528)   #63
TheKing
Racer

United States
TheKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New website online today: www.formula1-game.com

I think this game is shaping up well, September is too far away!

Apparently they have got the first 2010 car on track today, a Virgin.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2676424)   #64
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right my opinion on this?
I've played every console based F1 game there has been. Yes, even the GPWC ones on Nintendo.
One of the major gripes I had with the later oens were the lack of effort. Engine noises weren't properly recorded and didn't differentiate from car to car. The car's all ran on rails pretty much. You could run Monza (for the most part) full throttle with the EA versions.
The steering and front wheel movement was ridiculous. They moved as if they weren't actually in contact with the ground!
Graphically, the games have always been... ok. EA's examples probably looked the best while the Studio Liverpool ones had the most features.
I'm hoping Codies step up the game and don't just resort to the annual rehash, which is the trap that can so easily catch people out. The images and video I've seen so far are impressive, and the effects are great. I'll hold off on a final opinion until I've seen the final game but certainly there is ALOT of promise.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2677409)   #65
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hunter View Post
Right my opinion on this?
I've played every console based F1 game there has been. Yes, even the GPWC ones on Nintendo.
One of the major gripes I had with the later oens were the lack of effort. Engine noises weren't properly recorded and didn't differentiate from car to car. The car's all ran on rails pretty much. You could run Monza (for the most part) full throttle with the EA versions.
The steering and front wheel movement was ridiculous. They moved as if they weren't actually in contact with the ground!
Graphically, the games have always been... ok. EA's examples probably looked the best while the Studio Liverpool ones had the most features.
I'm hoping Codies step up the game and don't just resort to the annual rehash, which is the trap that can so easily catch people out. The images and video I've seen so far are impressive, and the effects are great. I'll hold off on a final opinion until I've seen the final game but certainly there is ALOT of promise.
Play the one for PS3
Old 21 Apr 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2677495)   #66
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Codemasters make the equivalent of the Grand Prix series (Grand Prix 3 and 4 in particular) by Geoff Crammond then I'll be happy.

Those were great racing games, despite the outdated graphics. The AI was the best I've played, and I have yet to see it bested apart from (surprisingly) Race Driver: GRID.

Interestingly, that was made by Codemasters!

I have high hopes...I reckon F1 2009 for Wii and PSP was just a stepping stone or warmup for them. F1 2010 should be a killer in AI and graphics, and hopefully features.

The racing - who knows?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2677536)   #67
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Play the one for PS3
Care to elaborate on that?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2677539)   #68
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timomies View Post
It wil be released mid summer, not start of 2010
I can't wait, been too long since a new F1 game came along. The power of Xbox and PS3 and only 1 game so far.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2677616)   #69
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Care to elaborate on that?
It's excellent.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2677774)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It certainly is compared to, say, unanaesthetised castration.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2677805)   #71
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It certainly is compared to, say, unanaesthetised castration.
Spot on.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2678514)   #72
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's excellent.
I love your reasoning. So logical and well thought out.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2678581)   #73
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Matt is well known for his in-depth analasys..

anyway, new gameplay footage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03qQ_...layer_embedded
Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2678594)   #74
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
I love your reasoning. So logical and well thought out.
I love the fact you go out of your way all the time to assault my posts. Souds like someones a little obsessed.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2678596)   #75
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
You can't really assault a post, but you can sure as hell critisize a post!