Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Nov 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1452680)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biggest crash ever

What would be your biggest crash?

mines is when i was at bathurst in toca rd1 in a toyota gt1 and i was coming down the conrod straight at 180 mph when sudenly my tyre burst and i could not steer through the chase! the car tore through the gravel trap and hit a bump on the grass at 160 mph and the car sumersaulted into the air doing two backflips then cartwheeling onto the tack beor coming to rest as a complete wreck!
Old 5 Nov 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1452692)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pocono Raceway @ NR2003, getting "tagged" in the rear left by Dale Jr., spinning out into inside line, getting rammed by that Pennzoil number 1 car which I think was Bush, doing 3 complete flips before coming to a halt at the pitlane entrance.

On a minor note, that Le Mans incident in the TTFRL with multiple cars was pretty hectic too, although I got away rather lightly with only knackered up steering by ramming someone at full speed with my right front tyre.

When you see trouble ahead, pedal to the metal while the others hit the brake!
Old 5 Nov 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1452705)   #3
fordlover
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, AUstralia
fordlover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are we counting trying to crash out of boredom or innocent racing crashes?

out of boredome i'd have to say flying high down the backstretch at Dega' in NR2003 and hitting the grass doing appx 18flips and 3 end over ends.

Innocently racing: would be racing at dega (70'strack mod, 04 cars NR 2003) coming out of the final turn being turned sideways by petty, getting air and flipping ala rudd in 83
Old 5 Nov 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1452770)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just there i crashed in indycar series 2005 in nashvile, contact in turn 1, pace car comes out I spin in front of it and the pace car starts to speed up and rams into the side of me! now upsidedown.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1452777)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR racing '03, on the fast Fontana speedway when a tire burst on the main straight, I stopped after spearing into the wall just after the finish line and was left halfway up when Mark Martin didn't stop and hit at about 190mph.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1452780)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP4 man Lol, cars always go side by side through Eau Rouge at Spa on that game and have no brains as you just touch no one gives way, and you have a massive accident.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1452806)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
rolled peueot challenge car 6 time through the trees... oh hang on that wasn't a game..
Old 5 Nov 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1452850)   #8
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not really sure, I've lost count these days!

You can get into some really big shunts on GPL without even trying. Also, getting out of shape on the exit of Eau Rouge in GTR is guaranteed a pretty big shunt.

I do remember a hunge crash I had in GP3 on the 'old' Hockenheim. I was driving as Damon Hill in the Jordan. It was the final chicane before entering the stadium section at the end of the first lap so we were still pretty much a pack. I accidentally got the left-hand wheels on to the grass in the braking area, so I basically couldn't stop. I went over the back of Frentzen's Winfield liveried Williams, flew up in the air and landed in the gravel trap taking off all four wheels and both wings. I then proceeded to barrel roll back on to the circuit where I then caused a major shunt as the rest of the back were exiting the chicane.

Needless to say I had that replay saved for quite a while. It was a few years ago now, but I can still remember it!
Old 5 Nov 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1452911)   #9
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so many to choose from...

GP2 (yeah i know, years ago!): 1st lap at monza, probably driving a mclaren and i caught the rear wheel of another car just as we went thru the bridge on the entry to ascari. I think i was about 6th at the time, but the car not only got air and flipped, but hit the bridge too. Car disintegrated and bits were left all over the track for the rest of the field to plough in to.

rFactor: driving the F1s round orchard oval, 2 cars about 1.5 secs in front of me have been swapping places for the last 5 or 6 laps, drafting and out-drafting each other. Cue one misjudgement and they touch wheels exiting t2, the guy on the outside spears in to the wall, bounces off and back in to the guy he just hit. Comes to a stop in the middle of the track but obscured by tyre smoke and i can't see him. "days of thunder" moment next as i keep my foot down and hope i get through it - i don't. I plough straight in to the side of the stricken car, followed by another 3 or 4 cars that were behind me. It's just a shame that was in the qualifying and wasn't recorded...

Last edited by Hepatic; 5 Nov 2005 at 18:01. Reason: screwed up :)
Old 5 Nov 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1453008)   #10
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on gtr, racing on the superspeedway, in the bmw z3 on spa 24hrs class cars with a field of 40 cars, i spun in the last turn and damaged the splitter, went straight into the pitlane and when i came back out on track i found i had triggered a huge accident tha had took out 27 cars and left most of the other cars in the race damaged. i managed to finish second overall, 1 lap down on a viper and about 10 seconds in front of another.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1453017)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
i was in a dtm mercedes in toca rd 1 at the nurburgring. I made contact with another merc at the start and he went of, hit a bump and bang....into the bridge.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1453019)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
got air and flipped, but hit the bridge too.

GP2? are you sure - cars couldn't invert in GP2
Old 5 Nov 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1453035)   #13
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My best when I was bored was on GPL at Spa. I went from the back of the field into the Eau Rouge without braking, which usually wipes out one or two cars, but the two cars at the front of the field had collidedmeaning that when I piled in, all but three cars were put out of the race.

The replay can be found here:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZRPQ200T (probably)
Old 6 Nov 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1453320)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yer I remember GPL, first time I had driven Spa, leading up to the final corner the hairpin, la source, and just went straight on into some trees.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1453357)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
just had a wierd one there at kentucky in indy car series. Franchiti (me) was battling with scott sharp on the last lap for 2nd place when sharp turned in to me, he spun to the infield and i hit the wall, shecter finnished 2nd and then came takagi who had a photo finish with the spinning sharp! I finished 13th!

Top 4 in that race
De Ferran
Shecter
Sharp
Takagi
Old 6 Nov 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1453473)   #16
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 2002-I had qualified on pole at Spa. I got a good start but coming up to Eau Rouge I got tagged by Schumacher & triggered a huge crash (a la 98) in the field while I flipped, hit the wall knocking my wings and 3 of my wheels off, before bouncing back into the middle of the track and getting hit by Trulli, flipping me twice again and removing the last of my wheels. I loved the replay of that one!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1454325)   #17
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
in racing simulation 3 (sequal to monaco racing simulation 2) i was coming through eue rouge at spa (eventhough it is switzerland in the game because they lost the license for the countries)without lifting i was about to make it when i suddenly lost all grip (a la fisichella) and spun into the wall at 190 mph!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1454353)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yer racing simulation 3 isn't that bad to play on..
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1454407)   #19
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
it reminds me of the old pc version i had, i think there was a classic gp mod on it. because after i started it there was a menu with two options CLASSIC and NORMAL i think it was.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1456673)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
formula 1 2001
rubens barichello
hochenhiem

missed my braking point on the first chicane and slammed into a jordan! 2 flips and two barrel rolls!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1456790)   #21
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F1 Challenge 9-02. Minardi, mark webber, back of grid, melbourne. First corner, hit Trulli, flw up in air, came down, hit barrichello who hit hakkinen who hit schumacher who hit coulthard. a complete blockage resulted in the game crashing.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1456995)   #22
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
got air and flipped, but hit the bridge too.

GP2? are you sure - cars couldn't invert in GP2
Yep - didn't invert, but flipped (ie nose in the air, hit bridge, nose no longer in the air - or anywhere near my car either!). I've had similar experiences at Hockenheim in GP4 too....oh the memories!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1457218)   #23
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe not the biggest, but certainly scary in its realism. I once got distracted at Imola in a Williams (GP2) and went straight on at Tamburello. The enusing accident was virtually a carbon copy of Senna's. I remember being impressed by the physics being so accurate, but it was quite nasty to watch.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1457347)   #24
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
probably NASCAR 2000, doing the Taladega 500 in the #1 Pennzoil car (Steve Park? Always my favourite livery back in the day). I was fighting for the lead, running almost entire laps with another car right by my side when suddenly someone drafted me and stuck themselves up the inside, taking me by surprise. I muscled myself a car length clear and moved inside, clipping the bottom of the banking and trowing me back into the rest of the field and end over end through the air getting collected by most of the field.

Needless to say race over!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1457402)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT4 - Nurburgring Nordschleife - Mercedes Benz CLK GTR

I was running down the long straight near the end of the lap. The car was not set up very well and was really being effected by the bumps. I was going well over 200mph as I approached the kink just before the final series of corners. At that moment I touched the breaks to settle the car. What happened next caught me quite off guard. The car just snapped into a spin and needless to say I was a passenger at that point hitting the armco barrier quite heavily.