Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Jun 2002, 10:52 (Ref:315320)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin

Perv!
And proud of it!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 10:57 (Ref:315326)   #27
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
oh and I'm told I'm NOT to let you SING!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 11:47 (Ref:315369)   #28
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaybee, post 7 is at the end of the long straight, don`t ask me what it was called, i only went there for the first time yesterday !!!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 16:32 (Ref:315503)   #29
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the entrance to the lace esses.
And yes I saw the crash dont know why that one tryed to drive ofwith all those wonky wheels after the MGF crash. I was on 9 and was the one walking down to 8 with the flag when they came in (yes I know i looked like a lines man)
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:06 (Ref:315562)   #30
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
oh and I'm told I'm NOT to let you SING!
...and the person who told you that is registered tone deaf! She couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 20:20 (Ref:315658)   #31
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand

...and the person who told you that is registered tone deaf! She couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
Not my fault if all the singing genes went to my cousin who is a professional opera singer

Last edited by KayBee; 17 Jun 2002 at 20:22.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 20:27 (Ref:315664)   #32
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I can sing you the fish head song if you like
Old 18 Jun 2002, 00:13 (Ref:315779)   #33
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Brickker, tried to help you out after the first couple of races, hanging out the yellow to get them to slow down before going back into the paddock, worked for most of them...Had a very enjoyable day. Now have to plan my next trip, poss bikes...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 17:02 (Ref:316243)   #34
brickkicker
Veteran

some of them are a bit thick and after pulling in there during prractice and forget when they race some people go onto the track to wave it but i aint that stupid with them nutters coming round
Old 20 Jun 2002, 18:57 (Ref:317781)   #35
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please remember that Mallory like most circuits in the UK have now been completly ruined up by moving the banks back close to the next county. Sure radio 1 fun days & F3 were superb but those day have gone, it really is not worth marshalling at Mallory any more, this from someone who started going there nearly 30 years ago. Yes I may be an old fart but I can remember when motor racing was dangerous and sex was safe - Balders
Old 20 Jun 2002, 19:20 (Ref:317788)   #36
brickkicker
Veteran

That's complete c!!p mallory park is one of the most exciting circuits there is. The banks are close all round, at devils elbow you can even put your foot on the roof of the car. There are no debris fences in the way and plenty of room for everyone. To say that you shouldnt bother going is sh!! no wonder every were is struggling for marshals when you have people going round slatting it. I see your 46 and probably one of the youngest on your post most of the time (no offence meant by that) but look around there’s no young blood coming in and with this sort of attitude I can see why they don’t bother sticking it out when all they hear when they get here is ‘its no good now its not like it used to be’. But look how many people are killed now ‘not as many as there used to be’.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 19:23 (Ref:317789)   #37
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Couldnt agree more - Mallory is still GREAT!
Old 21 Jun 2002, 11:47 (Ref:318167)   #38
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory barriers cannot be that far back - judging by the number of damaged cars they get at an average meeting...

Only criticism you could possibly make is that occasionally they suffer from having too many marshals! - queuing up for a turn at flagging can be tedious - but still you can always watch the racing

Though - as John Sadler would probably say - you can never have too many marshals!

IMHO its the best circuit in the country for certain of the less powerful formulae such a Mini's as they do not get spread out so much as they do at places like Donington or Silverstone

Last edited by Flagman; 21 Jun 2002 at 11:49.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 11:51 (Ref:318170)   #39
brickkicker
Veteran

Total agree with that and John Sadler. Maybee if other circuits were so much fun they would get 'to many marshal'