Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2002, 18:33 (Ref:325309)   #76
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was posted with WW on the day this incident occured and I must admit he was rude to both my incident officer (WW) and to the Chief of our rescue crew and the crew in general.

As far as Im concerned he was downright ignorant on the day in question. Basic everyday good manners cost absolutely nothing.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 19:21 (Ref:325346)   #77
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Shinners for your comments.

Please note that the following post is not directed at you.

Old 1 Jul 2002, 19:23 (Ref:325347)   #78
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enough is enough

OK - ENOUGH. I find myself agreeing with manicmarshal and pitpopsie in that this discussion should probably be closed as it has just turned into attacks on other posters and a rehashing of former comments.

Carl Breeze did what many other drivers have done before and what many other drivers will continue to do in the future. These actions are in my opinion disrespectful to marshals ONLY in their thoughtlessness and NOT in a deliberate attempt to be disrespectful. I admit that Carl Breeze did not deserve the amount of criticism that he got here (instigated ashamedly by me).

The only reason I bothered to single him out in this instance was because of the original thread post by Arsenal. I felt that Arsenal had used this forum in a "promote & run" exercise. My postings were meant as a response to Arsenal only but the whole thread now seems to have gotten out of hand. I wanted to point out the contradiction in what Arsenal had posted and in what I had witnessed. I think that this contradiction has now been well and truly pointed out.

Obviously, some forum members' feelings have been hurt in my little crusade and for that I apologise. It was not intended.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 13:14 (Ref:325854)   #79
SolemHill
Rookie

SolemHill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading all this I was wandering around the TOCA forums and found this thank you note in the TOCA radio threads......

FROM eaves for number 1

I have to say many thanks to Alan for inviting me in on the interview with Carl Breeze on Sunday morning, let alone giving me the chance to ask him some of my own questions. I hope I didn't embarrass myself to much! It really was a fantastic opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Barbara, the lady representing Halfords, was also incredibly nice to me, and talked to me for a few minutes after the interview about the team and Halfords involvement with VLR.

However, this wasn't quite the best part of my weekend. The best part was half an hour before the feature race, when I was walking through the paddock, and someone came up behind me and said "Hi Matt, how are you doing?". When I turned round, i was shocked to see it was Carl Breeze, who must have had so much on his mind so close to the start of his 'real' debut race, and after what had happened in the sprint. He then chatted to me for a couple of minutes about what had happened to all three Halfords cars in race one, and what he hoped would happen in the feature. Some other drivers wouldn't have even remembered me, but to come and chat like that was reallly something.

What a great guy he is

Hmmmmmmm.....Dr j & Mr H me thinks!

Perhaps, as stated earlier, when he's highly focused and keyed into a race he's not the same thoughful person others see him to be when he's out and about in the paddock...never mind...I personally find all the drivers to be reasonable people, but even reasonable people under presure can be erratic ( like my dodgy spelling ), Presonally I don't like Muller because he's a sulky frog but hey, when I've taken his picture he's been nothing less than charming and helpfull....please don't beat me up again....no more posts in the I hate Muller thread - Rambo started it - Honest guv.