Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Jul 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3277815)   #26
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
I think I sweated from places I didn't know existed!!!
So how come there was a water shortage then?
At least your sweat wasn't running down the hill like last year!!
Old 15 Jul 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3278036)   #27
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great time on post 3. Fingers crossed I can do it again next year.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3278072)   #28
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by welche2 View Post
Had a great time on post 3. Fingers crossed I can do it again next year.
I enjoyed the marshals company while waiting for the cars but for some reason cannot post any images here. please go to www.retro-speed.co.uk. Thanks for your company.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3278323)   #29
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy359 View Post
I see we're in the camp site far, far away again and relying on mythical buses
Think overall busses were better this year but they need a route away from in coming traffic.
Not sure what the outcome was for those marshals waiting last thing Sunday, but when Kevin (Chief Spectator Marshal) got in his car to go and sort it in the office rather than by phone, I took that as my time to leave - he wasn't happy!!
Old 16 Jul 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3278381)   #30
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitmarshal View Post
Think overall busses were better this year but they need a route away from in coming traffic.
I dont know which route they took this year, but last year, the minibuses were leaving the campsite, cutting across car park E, over the road and through the golf course onto the hill.

which reminds me, that golf course is flat, close to the hill, away from the public - any chance of that for the marshals campsite next year?
Old 16 Jul 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3278383)   #31
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I dont know which route they took this year, but last year, the minibuses were leaving the campsite, cutting across car park E, over the road and through the golf course onto the hill.

which reminds me, that golf course is flat, close to the hill, away from the public - any chance of that for the marshals campsite next year?
This year full size coach-buses were used. Biggest problem was road across golf course which was also being used by ambulances, police vans, etc. which did not leave sufficient width to pass easily.

Use the golf course for camping -- which planet are you from??
Old 16 Jul 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3278439)   #32
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
Use the golf course for camping -- which planet are you from??
Well said Bryan - m1fcf how dare you even mention the golf course let alone camping on it, you nasty motorsport person you!!

You could ask for B&B at the house!!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3279012)   #33
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well now the dust has settled, I'd like to thank; Lord March for letting us come to his fabulous garden party, Karen & Wendy of Stagecoach for their sterling work (it wasn't their fault the traffic to and from was horrendous), all the boys and girls on crossing 4, track and spectator marshals both, for their excellent cameraderie and professionalism, Ford for the ice lollies and especially for Rufus and Marshal Ted for being on standby on their snatch vehicle if required.

As far as I'm concerned, the only slightly downside was the lack of playing from the drivers.....but I gather a number had their knuckles rapped on Friday for 'exceeding track limits'.

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3279024)   #34
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Middle_BBG, Thanks for your support of our spectator marshals, that doesn't happen often enough from the guys on your side!
We are seen as the underdogs but there are some very experienced people out there both from marshalling and competing in various events, some sector commanders and marshals have been there from the start!!
Our people do the same section every year whereas BARC change often, BARC marshals you may be able to get some handy tips about what goes on at your post if you speak to our marshals rather than look at them as something that you don't want on the bottom of your boot!!
This is not a moan as such just trying to be helpful as some posts start off on the wrong foot as happened again this year.
Have a safe rest of year see you all again next year in my neighbours garden!!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3279028)   #35
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've been fortunate enough to have a great crew on crossing 4- mutual respect and meshing well together as a team. I try to look after everyone on my post with equal care regardless of duty.....even down to getting enough tea and coffees and ice lollies for all.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3279035)   #36
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle_BBG View Post
We've been fortunate enough to have a great crew on crossing 4- mutual respect and meshing well together as a team. I try to look after everyone on my post with equal care regardless of duty.....even down to getting enough tea and coffees and ice lollies for all.
I'll be on your post next year then, rather than in HQ!! (only joking!!)
Did you miss the ice drinks from Volvo then? we had lollies from Ford very nice!!