England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar E petition to protect motorsport venues

http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk/home/hm...plaint-waiver/
Old 3 Dec 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3481381)   #2
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This petition has absolutely ZERO chance of being taken forward!! You CANNOT force someone to give up their common law rights, and that is what this petition is calling for.

Noise pollution is governed by numerous pieces of legislation, both criminal and common law. On the criminal side, the Control of Pollution Act 1974 nd the Environmental Protection Act 1990 are very clear.

The problems circuits ( and for that matter pubs, live music venues etc) have is due to a nuisance being caused by their operations. Their operations are governed and constrained by planning permission and their agreed noise management plans.

You absolutely CANNOT use the fact that someone has moved close to an operation that is causing a nuisance as a defence of causing that nuisance!!!!

And for Britcar to post that on their website is very poor management of the situation. The vociferous minority of complainers in Whittlebury have just been given a golden bullet to use the moment the event breaches their agreed noise management plan!!!!
Old 3 Dec 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3481394)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
theres 2 sides to an argument as ever.

personally I think that if a circuit is operating within its noise limits/planning constraints then people living in the area shouldn't be allowed to complain/try to get the circuit closed or reduce its days, especially if they move into the area with full knowledge the circuit is there.

there was the Wimbledon case a while back where people moved in and dragged the circuit though court even though the track was working within its limits and they knew the circuit was there when they moved in....

...to me that's wholly wrong, personally I would like to see grandfather rights imposed on this sort of thing, so if a track is working within its limits, people moving in don't have the right to do this.

on the flip side there is Mallory which was working outside its limits, so expecting people to sign a waiver if they moved into the area is ludicrous....

...maybe its just in the wording of the epetition...but in its current form it doesn't stand a chance
Old 3 Dec 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3481395)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
plus I think britcar have got the wrong end of the stick....they state a government department has released it.....I think its just a bloke on the street that has made it and put the responsible department on the top