Old 29 Mar 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3628490)   #26
Croft Marshal
Rookie

England
Washington Tyne & Wear
Croft Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Yesterday, somebody actually, yes actually, asked me how long the 24hr race is.
a few years ago my wife asked me why I was away for 5 days for a 24hr race
Old 29 Mar 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3628548)   #27
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croft Marshal View Post
a few years ago my wife asked me why I was away for 5 days for a 24hr race
Last time I went to the Ring I think it was 9 but then she did come with me
Old 30 Mar 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3628620)   #28
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Entries - I listened back to the Dubai grid walk, and the chap from Creventic said '70 entries', not '70 paid entries' or '70 confirmed entries'. I do believe I have put two and two together and somehow managed to add an extra thruppence. My bad.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3628875)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Last time I went to the Ring I think it was 9 but then she did come with me
Why would his wife have come with you? And what would Elaine have said?

On the one hand, I can't wait for this. On the other hand, I wish it was happening in July. Forecast 2deg overnight is not appealing.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 08:22 (Ref:3628953)   #30
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Elaine with me, great picture of her wrapped around a kettle to keep warm @ 3 in the morning.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3628969)   #31
bardy66
Rookie

England
Suffolk
bardy66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileNaus View Post
42 cars on the current entry list, last year 28 cars started the race.
Given the relatively late announcement of the change to Creventic, and touring cars only, that is not a bad start. I do think it would be better to mark the initial list as 'potential' rather than setting expectations too high.
I have heard good things about Creventic, and look forward to a great weekend. Let's hope the weather is ok and the racing is good.
Anything 40+ is an improvement on the last few years. Lets hope Creventic can build this race to how we would all like to see it?
Yes have to agree would rather it was later in the year, but as long as it's dry I'll put up with the cold..
Old 31 Mar 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3628995)   #32
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I understand (not much, I know) Creventic inherited the date booked by Britcar. For preference they would have more of a gap between their events - Mugello was 18-19 March, so only a fortnight here.

Relatively late take over of the date plus attrition from Mugello and short time to make repairs may have reduced potential entry numbers. I reckon they'll be looking to improve on both counts next year, but as others have said 42 is a good improvement on the last couple of outing.

By the way, anybody still free this weekend please do consider coming along to marshal. We're could do with more bodies - even I'm being threatened with an IO radio for tomorrow...
Old 31 Mar 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3629014)   #33
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Fubar Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
By the way, anybody still free this weekend please do consider coming along to marshal. We're could do with more bodies
That bad?
Old 31 Mar 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3629018)   #34
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
165 MG's @ Donington on Sunday so I know where i'll be. sorry.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 22:25 (Ref:3629655)   #35
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just about to go to bed ready for the MGCC at Donington tomorrow, but thought I'd say what an excellent day I had on Copse Out.

Some cracking racing - imagine, 2 big grid Caterham races where everyone got through Copse every lap! I know, impossible. Great battles throughout the HRDC field, too (and what a field!). Pity the driver of #55 though, whose bonnet catch failed on the green flag lap and made a bad mess of the car and affected at least one of the others. Oops.

And then the big event, the 24... 42 entrants, 41 started, 41 were still running when I left and we'd only had one Code 60 at that point - given it was the first time we'd done it for real in the UK (yes, I know, there have been precedents) it went pretty well.

Then the rain came. But I was watching at home by then

Great day with Woolley & rbs. Lots of laughter. Great way to kick off the season!
Old 3 Apr 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3630015)   #36
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Then the rain came. But I was watching at home by then

Great day with Woolley & rbs. Lots of laughter. Great way to kick off the season!
Fantastic week-end, nice to work with you, Sir.

Rain was no problem. Varied between light drizzle and fairly drizzly, but the lack of any wind meant if you stayed under the roof you were completely dry. I did think of you when we were packing up the caravan at 16:30.

Once again, loved it.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3630310)   #37
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the number of entries was just right in the end.
I only remember three calls for car-on-car contact, and one of them was on oil.

I think the weekend went well, once I eventually worked out what post I was on.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3630318)   #38
GazJacobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Black Country
GazJacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation View Post
I think the number of entries was just right in the end.
I only remember three calls for car-on-car contact, and one of them was on oil.

Excellent introduction to 24hr marshalling for me, good team members & laughs at Aintree.

A few more cars would have been nice, would like to have seen more BMW M235's for example but a date clash with the VLN stopped that. Attrition from the last race in Mugello only two weeks beforehand possibly stopped a few more teams from turning up.

Racing was clean for the majority of the race, only saw the result of one major incident between cars over the road at Village that I think took out the Vortex V8.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3630560)   #39
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good effort fellas.
Thanks also to whoever went out and retrieved our rear bumper at Copse.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 07:06 (Ref:3630653)   #40
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few pictures on the usual site, all can be downloaded if desired.

Bauble.