Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Mar 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3625305)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And we're off

Seems to be such a long time, but first day back on the bank for the season at Oulton.

An excellent day's racing down an Island. Could probably have managed without the 12 car Clio field, not enough competition to stand on it's own, but every other category produced some exciting racing. 2cvs once again reminded that you don't have to be fast to be exciting and the long wait for them to come around again just added to the anticipation.

Good company for the day in the form of an ex Mini racer and experienced trainee who looked for information and made me think hard several times! I don't think he'll have any trouble upgrading.

Set me up nicely for a very busy start to the year, Rescue at Loton next week-end followed by the 24 hours and the WEC just a fortnight later. Happy to report that after 28 years at this, I'm still like a kid who's found the Christmas chocolates at the start of the season.

So how was your first go of the season? Or is it still to happen?
Old 21 Mar 2016, 07:53 (Ref:3625416)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham yesterday was my 6th day this year of 'Officiating' + 4 Training Days (2 as a Trainer & 2 as a Student), Out 3 days over Easter - Business a usual
Old 21 Mar 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3625456)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
A most enjoyable day at Hill Top on Saturday - if the racing's as good as that for the rest of the season it's going to be a great year.

Watching the 2CVs going round the Island hairpin was amazing!

My first radio call of the day from RC: "Have you got Knickerbrook's folder in your car?". Never trust Kaybee with important documents!
Old 21 Mar 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3625650)   #4
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
So how was your first go of the season? Or is it still to happen?
Do you count abroad?
If so, Dubai went well. I both had sleep and food during the 24 hours, and didn't make a mess of me flagging.

If not, Silverstone 24, next weekend. Dunno if I'm flagging or incident yet.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3625730)   #5
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to back weekends of Indycar at St Petersburg and Sebring 12 hours were a rude awakening to the season! 4 day events, 28+ celcius 12+ hour days.

Going to be hard to keep up the pace for the rest of the season, but with Silverstone 24 hour and WEC in coming weeks, maybe I'll survive
Old 23 Mar 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3626317)   #6
yellowspanner
Racer

Wales
Dorset
yellowspanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I'm a shift worker who has just had a change of rota I'm having to wait until WEC. Can't wait - was up at 0445 to watch the GP on Sunday and will be watching the BTCC from Brands on the gogglebox in a week or so. Love this time of year when it all kicks off.