Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Jan 2003, 12:57 (Ref:473844)   #26
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rumour has it the overalls will be made of a new type of flame proof latex...I'll be taking all the measurements!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 13:12 (Ref:473862)   #27
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds like a more glitzed up version of the Panoz Womens Global GT series that lasted like, 18 months
Old 14 Jan 2003, 13:58 (Ref:473902)   #28
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right then bella heres my take on it - I've raced against and been beaten by women and when somones got thier lid on you don't care - sure we want more women in motorsport - we want more people in motorsport but segregation is not the way to go. If Formula women is allowed by the MSA then I wish to start formula ethnic minority as there are even less non-white competitors in the UK that there are women. No I think all they blokes should phone up and try to enter and then go to the MSA and complaiin about discrimination!!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 14:43 (Ref:473935)   #29
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will prob be some Rich bi*ch entering who will be complaining like mad cos the helmet has messed her hair or broken a few nails on the steering wheels.

I would say females can be better drivers on the road but on a circuit, i dont Think so!!

Id welcome to be proved wrong.

theres plenty of female karters, god i got punted off by won. but very few get further.

talking of females, whats happened to suzy stodard and katherine legge'over'
Old 14 Jan 2003, 14:48 (Ref:473939)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh the voice of a true male chauvenist
Old 14 Jan 2003, 15:02 (Ref:473953)   #31
racingdick
Veteran

no, facts speak for themselves.
there must have been around 40 drivers who got to race in formula renault out of those 2 girls, thats 5%
look to formula ford,0
Touring cars, 1
Clios, 1
F3 0
Zip ?
theres a tiny percentage in total.
always at the lower end, very few higher up.
but gotta say i admire Nat Barratt for doing the wrc on her own, folowing in the footsteps of louise aitkin walker
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:24 (Ref:474041)   #32
Jenny
Racer

Jenny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw the stand at the show but the people on it didn't seem to have too much idea of where the girls will go after it. Fortunately I'm too old to have a go and already have my ARDS licence, but the whole thing sounds uncool - who would admit to driving an MX5 or 8 as a racer, tintop or otherwise. I b***** well wouldn't - it has a vanity mirror for goodness sake!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:26 (Ref:474044)   #33
Jenny
Racer

Just read racingdick's offering. He is on something illegal?
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:27 (Ref:474046)   #34
racingdick
Veteran

sorry if you took offence
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:32 (Ref:474049)   #35
Jenny
Racer

No and I'm not in the slightest bothered about the gender thing either. I just love my racing, I'm not very good at it yet (but will be!)and I like meeting and chatting to people who do too. This is supposed to be my relaxation and recreation and it pees me off it gets too serious and the fun aspect gets threatened. That's what I do it for and not to be judged on why I might be **** compered to the next racer - even God doesn't judge a man till he's dead!!!
Old 15 Jan 2003, 08:11 (Ref:474816)   #36
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well said Jenny.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 18:10 (Ref:476408)   #37
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Ahhh the voice of a true male chauvenist
The problem with this idea is that racing is about high speed aggressive decision making - and that's why birds should be on the cars, and not in them.

There's no room for dithering on the track, and shuttlecock parking in the collecting area is embarrassing all round.

In fact, the weakest part of my driving is the Christian name, and to that end I shall be known in 2003 as "Slim Tempest". It's worth a second a lap I reckon.

Stacy

Last edited by Stacy; 16 Jan 2003 at 18:10.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 18:16 (Ref:476414)   #38
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a complete and utter waste of time. the only aim is to make cash for the organisers. Phone rates, TV deals etc. etc. etc.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 18:39 (Ref:476441)   #39
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Having read Autosport this week I'm liking this even less.

The final 16 are chosen by public vote, so forget any sence of driving skill coming into it. Each of the 16 cars will be sponsored by a different business or product. The sport in general desperately needs more household name sponsors, more TV coverage and probably more female competitiors. What it doesn't need is gimmicks like this.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 20:02 (Ref:476541)   #40
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
What a complete and utter waste of time. the only aim is to make cash for the organisers. Phone rates, TV deals etc. etc. etc.
Ah.. some levity!
Old 16 Jan 2003, 23:51 (Ref:476740)   #41
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder what would happen if all the blokes here rang up and entered - when we got rejected we threaten to sue for sexual discrimination ....
Old 17 Jan 2003, 03:20 (Ref:476844)   #42
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe it's perfectly legal to discriminate against white, educated, middle class, English speaking, heterosexual males.

BTW, this series sounds like reality TV meets motor sport. I don't think it will do the female contestants any good either, they won't be taken seriously and even if one of them proves to be very talented, it won't do her a lot of good.

What really annoys me about these competitions is how experienced club level competitors are automatically excluded. Talent is all well and good, but without experience and determination you won't get far and if you were really determined you would already have club level experience.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 13:41 (Ref:542108)   #43
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that ifthey get enough entrants to select 2400 to go through to the selection stage then they may well be able to pick 16 fairly decent drivers. Really, without the 'woman' bit, it's a fabulous opportunity for people to get involved in a very expensive sport, and for those who display talent and get a season of racing for nothing, what's wrong with it?

If it was Formula Lads or aimed at the man on the street, I reckon you'd all be busting a gut to get on it. Just becuase it's all female, men start to feel threatened and huff and puff about how it's not serious racing. The proof is in the pudding, and I really hope that it is as competitive as any of the other national series, and not just 16 penelope pitstops.

Anyway, what is so wrong with bringing this country's huge and well-respected national motorsport industry to the forefront of people's minds with a TV show? If motor racing was beamed out to Joe Public as much as football is then maybe big sponsors would be more willing to put their money into the British kids who are stars of the future but who's racing gets stopped short by lack of funds.

Perhaps theres a few too many high horses about, and people being 'precious' about the elite little club that is motorsport in the UK. Open it up, and the likes of Vodafone might stop sponsoring the godawful cricket team, and put money into F3 or something.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 20:12 (Ref:542407)   #44
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Now sgrok, I'm very much against formula woman but those who know me know that I'm constantly making efforts to open the sport up to Joe public. If they had formula public or formula open or something then it would have my full support.