Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Feb 2001, 23:27 (Ref:64626)   #1
cgreenberg
Rookie

cgreenberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have a question that I wanted to post to the forum for its opinion. I contribute on a regualr basis to Ten-Tenths, (my name is Chris Greenberg), and am in the process of writing a book on the 2001 racing season as a whole. My focus of coverage to date has been CART, IRL, ALMS, Off-road and Superbike,andI need everyone's help on what series I have missed. I'm trying to highlight the events in the various series that are the biggest and most important, ie, the Indy 500, the Baja 1000, Paris-Dakar, etc., but I'm sure that I'm missing some great racing in other parts of the world. I would love to cover a British Touring Car event,and the Goodwood festival of speed, etc., but I don't know enough about the series to know which races are really the penultimate races and which ones I should pay the most attention to.

I'm grateful for any suggestions that you might have on any racing series. Obviously I can't make it to all of them, but I plan on covering between 12 and 20 major events, depending on the schedule fo things.

I can be reached directly via email at chris_greenberg@spe.sony.com, or you can post the information back to this page.

Thanks much and best of luck to everyone.

Chris.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 00:33 (Ref:64634)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would definitely include the 12 Hours of Sebring! Although I enjoyed the Daytona 24 Hours quite a lot, I think Sebring is the more historical and better known of the two endurance races.

And although I am not familiar with it, I'd suggest the Pikes Peak Hill Climb might also be worth a mention.

I have enjoyed reading the work you've written for 10-Tenths and I will definitely buy your book when it's finished. Keep us posted.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 01:10 (Ref:64641)   #3
cgreenberg
Rookie

Thanks Liz

Liz,

Thanks so much for getting back to me concerning the major races for 2001. I actually have Sebring and Pike's Peak on the schedule and I appreciate you giving my 10-Tenths articles a look.

Matter of fact I just sent Craig my race report from our most recent Rolex 24, along with about a dozen shots. It should all be posted in the next day or so and I really hope that you enjoy everything.

Best of luck to you and thanks again. By the way, if anything else comes to mind, drop me an email.

Chris.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 10:11 (Ref:64850)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope you're not going to miss the biggest race in Australia, the Bathurst 1000.

I'll be happy to help if you make it down here for it
Old 18 Feb 2001, 20:47 (Ref:65434)   #5
cgreenberg
Rookie

Bathurst 1000

Elephino,

When is the Bathurst 1000 and what kind of cars, circuit are we talking about here? I'd love to come down to your neck of the woods.

Chris.
Old 25 Feb 2001, 11:20 (Ref:66560)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Baturst 1000 is held on the first Sunday in October, for Australian V8 Supercars at Mt Panorama, one of the most challenging road circuits in the world.