Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jun 2003, 20:33 (Ref:632256)   #1
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Fulvio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Durango reached the end!

I'm obviously very happy for this....
It's a shame the problem at the trasmission had during the night, becouse without it it was possible to end in the first fifteen.... but it's a great result the same

We made a lot of experience for next year.... and we made better than many of the teams that race against us in the FIA Sportscar Champ.... Ok, I'm proud of the team

And, also, you will see our car in all the first pages of all the newspapers and magazines over the world, thanks to Michele who ended the raqce just behind the winner Bentley ... that's good for the sponsors :P

Here a photo of the car....

Last edited by Fulvio; 15 Jun 2003 at 20:34.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 20:35 (Ref:632263)   #2
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
many congrats on a race very well run.

pit
Old 16 Jun 2003, 10:04 (Ref:632753)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Durango reached the end!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fulvio
I'm obviously very happy for this....
We're too !!!

Congrats to the whole team ! We appreciate the car, its sound and the fighting spirit !
Old 16 Jun 2003, 10:39 (Ref:632776)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Durango reached the end!

Quote:
And, also, you will see our car in all the first pages of all the newspapers and magazines over the world, thanks to Michele who ended the raqce just behind the winner Bentley
"What's that green car in front of the Durango?"

Superb effort, congratulations to the whole team on making the finish.

And, don't you think that there's more than a little justice in the fact that Alliot & Hallyday didn't make it

www.durango.it has a guestbook btw, post something nice there and maybe they'll build a new LMP for next year
Old 16 Jun 2003, 11:54 (Ref:632864)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Well done to the guys at Durango- there was a lot of criitcism posted on various forums when the entry list was announced, but they at least managed to bring the car home- something that any number of better-funded teams with more competitive cars haven't managed to do over the years- and unlike some, at least they knew how far it would run on a tank of fuel.....
Old 16 Jun 2003, 13:29 (Ref:632948)   #6
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
"What's that green car in front of the Durango?"
Ahahahahahahaha ... yes, I think everybody will say that

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
And, don't you think that there's more than a little justice in the fact that Alliot & Hallyday didn't make it
In fact that's a great satisfaction they took away money and support nearly a month before the race... to go to the Courage... and at the end of the race we reached the final flag and them the first place.. in the Retirement List!

Now it's time for me to push the team to work hard on the new car, if I want to race in Monza Let's hope!

Last edited by Fulvio; 16 Jun 2003 at 13:33.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 13:30 (Ref:632949)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats, Fulvio and the entire "Durango Factory"....

Please keep us posted on your preparations for Monza in a couple of weeks, and we look forward to seeing YOU behind the wheel at 2004 Le Mans in a "Durango Factory Team Car"...

You told us that the team's goal was to finish, and you did....superb effort...and you seemed comptitive enough within your pace that I'm sure the team got valubale data for next year and for Durango's future as a builder....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 13:38 (Ref:632963)   #8
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Fulvio, now it's time for winning some FIA-SCC races! How can I get Autograph-cards of you?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 13:46 (Ref:632974)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In fact that's a great satisfaction they took away money and support nearly a month before the race... to go to the Courage... and at the end of the race we reached the final flag and them the first place.. in the Retirement List!
oooh that's so cruel... - but fair
Old 16 Jun 2003, 13:55 (Ref:632984)   #10
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Quote:
Originally posted by Thommy
Hey Fulvio, now it's time for winning some FIA-SCC races! How can I get Autograph-cards of you?
Of me? :confused:

Simple.. you have two ways:

1. come at Oschersleben at the SCC race that will be held there.... [I saw you're German ] and ask me personally I will surely be happy to talk with you...

2. ask me and I will be very proud of sending you what you want.... but I think that if I sign a blank-paper, the value of the paper will became lower

Just for your pleasure [:confused:, I dont' know if it is reality ] I'll post here a photo of me racing... here it is when I was in F3, 'couse I don't have digitalized photo of me with the prototype

Last edited by Fulvio; 16 Jun 2003 at 14:04.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:30 (Ref:633011)   #11
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done indeed!

btw the astonishment was with the Norma entry, not the Durango,

and even then it's probably just jealousy!

(i bet the Taurus Lola is still quicker tha you tho'!!)
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:633037)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Second that one...

Everybody questioned the Norma....I only remember a comment or two about the Durango effort....

Old 16 Jun 2003, 15:32 (Ref:633075)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Durango earned my respect, too. Nothing spectacular on the first try - just go for the flag. Well done, may this be the first of many visits.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:12 (Ref:633136)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Well I think there was doubt about the Durango. I certainly had my doubts, as much as I wanted the Durango (and btw also the Norma which I still think is a nice car) to succeed. Nothing against the team but, the car being old as it is, I was surprised the ACO invited them, which in part had something to do with the Alliday Connection. When these two left and took their funds with them, I did wonder "will the team be able to live up to the opportunity, do they deserve this invitation". As it turned out, they were, and they did. I am glad I was wrong.

Goes to show the ACO is smarter than me after all

Now, this is proof that teams active in other forms of motor racing (such as F3000 or CART, IRL, DTM,...) are capable of running aprototype effort "on the side". The new-for-2004 ACO/SRO series just might make it worth while. And endurance racing may actually become a career option for young drivers again. - Sorry, dreaming again...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:36 (Ref:633164)   #15
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats on a fine effort. Here's hoping that you get some funding and can become even more competitive...maybe even a new car for 2004!!

With Best Regards,
Dott.Ing.Stuart Schaller
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:19 (Ref:633276)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Fulvio noted when he first came on-board as a forum member that Durango is now a full-fledged "Factory" with approved licesne as of early this year, and that the chassis already has been revised by them to make it more aero efficient....

On the whole issue of teams from other series running sportscars on the side, I agree wholeheartedly, cybersdorf...given the fact that there is news in the States that Bernie E. is going to buy the controlling shares of CART sometime this week, there may be more than a few "new teams" coming to sportcars in the coming months or next year....

Some of those teams have burnt far too many bridges to go over to the IRL, and I don't see them sticking around to race in an F-1 Feeder Series...

But tha tis a whole other subject...

Old 17 Jun 2003, 11:03 (Ref:634008)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Well done!!!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 11:47 (Ref:634063)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Seriously now, where can one get autographs of the Durango team, and ALL its drivers?
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:01 (Ref:634082)   #19
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Durango had a stand in the Village, not only could you buy a rather natty blue t-shirt but a siged picture of the drivers from the very pretty girls.

Well done Durango and all the drivers who may not have been the fastest but at least knew what lap to refuel on.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 13:18 (Ref:634239)   #20
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol Nordic. ;p
congrats guys, job well done. I was quite impressed with the performance, mainly due to the lack of comments made about the car during the race (no news is good news, or something like that)
Regards
Ed
Old 17 Jun 2003, 19:45 (Ref:634776)   #21
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Well done Durango and all the drivers who may not have been the fastest but at least knew what lap to refuel on.

dark!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 23:07 (Ref:635002)   #22
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to the Durango Team, and to the Spyker. I guess you "little guys" just refuse to die.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller