Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3301928)   #51
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
My guess is Hulk and Alonso, Kimi stays at Lotus. Id rather Kobayashi get a shot in a top car tbh. Sauber is full, the Russian kid will pair with Gonzalez, so Massa is probably out a seat.
I don't think there's need for any more speculation... loads of media outlets are stating that Kimi's already signed for Ferrari and the announcement's just a formality. Here's the BBC's statement.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3301940)   #52
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nature demonstrates you can't have two Alpha Males in the same Pride.

Their instinct is to fight for control and eventually one has to leave.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3301950)   #53
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
For example, Ferrari telling Massa to hit the road which in turn may allow him to lose motivation and drive with lackluster performance.
Didn't seem effect him on Sunday now did it? Massa was already aware he was not going to be a Ferrari works driver for 2014 before the weekend began.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3301952)   #54
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Nature demonstrates you can't have two Alpha Males in the same Pride.

Their instinct is to fight for control and eventually one has to leave.
Very true.

The other thing is - it's only a few years since Ferrari paid Kimi tens of millions to 'go away' because he was lacking motivation, nearing the end of his career and they wanted somebody younger and faster i.e. Alonso ! They are mad as hatters in Maranello.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3301962)   #55
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The BBC seem to be the lone voice in saying that the deal is done; everywhere else I read that it's all rumour and Ferrari will announce *something* today.

When the music stops...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3301967)   #56
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Alonso does have the option to go elsewhere for 2014 then McLaren would be the logical choice.

I've no doubt the Honda engine, when it arrives, will be a stonker.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3301990)   #57
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If Alonso does have the option to go elsewhere for 2014 then McLaren would be the logical choice.
That is as likely as Kimi re-signing for Ferrari after the way he was dropped....
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3301992)   #58
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if alonso wanders off then i still think there are far, far worse choices for ferrari than bianchi.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3301997)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Not if 'Uncle Ron' has anything to do with it. Didn't Alonso recently say that he's going to finish his F1 career at Ferrari?

"But I still have three-and-a-half more years with Ferrari which I intend to respect and hopefully increase a little bit. [I will] try to finish my career in the best team in the world – which is Ferrari."

Update: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ay-at-ferrari/

Quote:
I've no doubt the Honda engine, when it arrives, will be a stonker.
hmmm. Its last F1 engine wasn't particularly renowned for its power output, or its fuel efficiency. It's current V6 turbo engine isn't currently setting the world on fire in Indycars. Fingers crossed!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3301998)   #60
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if alonso wanders off then i still think there are far, far worse choices for ferrari than bianchi.
Agreed. If they go down the Fernando/Kimi route then they have a double-A team now, but run the risk of losing both drivers to retirement in the next two/three years and having to start from scratch.

Bringing Biachi in now, alongside Kimi or Fernando, will give him a chance to learn the ropes alongside an experienced drived.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3302005)   #61
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
If they go down the Fernando/Kimi route then they have a double-A team now
They've two ex-world champions and two very good drivers. On the downside, it's a pairing that would stretch the demands of a well managed team to the limit... and Ferrari's management is anything but at the moment ! It's going to be fun to watch though.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3302028)   #62
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If, and as I'm sure it's the case, that both Ferrari drivers knew before the weekend that Felipe was leaving and Kimi is inbound, it makes me quickly reflect back on Fernando's comments in qualifying.

Not just the "Geniuses/idiots" comment - but the "Massa is too fast..." - was that just a subtle dig, more than trying to get Felipe to drop back a couple of car lengths? Plus also, Fernando was v.complimentary of Felipe in his post-race comments, stating that Felipe is quick, great for the team, and good in the Simulator. Also, when asked who he'd like out of Nico, Kimi and Felipe next to him next year, emphatically he answered Felipe...

Just saying - if, and I'm sure it's the case, everyone in the team knew the situation prior to the race, it's an interesting set of comments

As a side-note - at a kart event about 5 years ago, I picked a just-crowned Euro F3 Champion Romain Grosjean from his hotel and drove him to the track. Interesting bloke - sat there showing me various women he'd 'seen-to', on his iPhone, and then interestingly said how much he disliked a certain German driver who's likely to end up as his team-mate next year. "Typical German, too arrogant" - amused me...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3302039)   #63
321Go
Veteran

Here we go....
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3302053)   #64
321Go
Veteran

Confirmed.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/back-kimi
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3302058)   #65
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quick, someone start a 'who will drive for Lotus' thread!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3302061)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Quick, someone start a 'who will drive for Lotus' thread!
You're welcome
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3302068)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm with M.Brundle on this one. That just has to be the best driver pairing on the grid.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3302106)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I'm with M.Brundle on this one. That just has to be the best driver pairing on the grid.
Indeed ! Let the problems begin !!!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3302108)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go to this thread : http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139159