Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Apr 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3522919)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long Beach 2015

Long Beach will be a Proto and GTLM only race with less than 18 cars expected. We get to see how the DeltaWing does around LB for the first time as well.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

Timing & Scoring Alternate

Track Map

Weather Don't know why I posted - it will be nice!

Spotters Guides

Radio

Fantasy Racing Challenge

Session Results

Video Links: 1 2 VLC

Last edited by joeb; 9 Apr 2015 at 02:17.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3523009)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could go under the "record" of 17-car LMP1/LMP2/GT2 field at 2009 St Petersburg... and I guess the PC/Lites solos last year, but who cares about them
Old 2 Apr 2015, 12:01 (Ref:3523027)   #3
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AXR or WTR? That is the question.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3523041)   #4
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It could go under the "record" of 17-car LMP1/LMP2/GT2 field at 2009 St Petersburg... and I guess the PC/Lites solos last year, but who cares about them

First of all I think this is going to be a great and unique race with the small filed. Having P/GTLM only shows you the top cars in the series without the meddling pro-ams (especially LMPC) in there. You will likely get a full course yellow free race which is always welcome. Granted the Delta Wing can always stall on the track. P/GTLM along with GT only are the best formats in the series. Wish there was more of it. Perhaps in 2016 with GT3 grids hopefully increasing.

I don't think the Delta Wing will be a factor at all. In fact this car might be joining the Mazdas running behind the GTLM field. I am going to predict a Porsche victory at Long Beach (could be any of the 3 cars). I don't see the Corvettes winning any of the non-NAEC races this year in fact because Porsche will be desperate and the Risi Ferrari is very quick too. I don't see BMW winning unfortunately. The speed just ain't there.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3523055)   #5
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMW has been noticeably quicker this year, and Long Beach might suit them. Otherwise i agree, Porsche looks good for this one.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3523057)   #6
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
BMW has been noticeably quicker this year, and Long Beach might suit them. Otherwise i agree, Porsche looks good for this one.
No doubt but I always get that feeling that with the BMW folks there will always be at least 1 car in that field that is going to outrun them and beat them. I see many 2nd and 3rd places finishes for them but not 1st. We'll see. I'll be happy to be wrong on this one though as they have not won since 2013. And I like to see all of the teams win at some point during the year because we want to keep them around. I have no one favorite GTLM team. I usually cheer for the guys who have not won yet. So for Long Beach I'll be cheering for anybody other than the P&M Corvettes to win.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3523111)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
What makes you think BMW would work well here?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3523140)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not betting on the DW to actually show up, we'll see.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3523151)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crikey, I'm still only 6hours into the RLM coverage of Sebring and there is another one coming.

joeb, thanks for rubbing it in with the weather link
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3523156)   #10
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I do have to say, more cars dosen't mean better racing, it just mean more cautions. Especially on a street course.

Still...that Ford GT can't come soon enough!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3523167)   #11
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Well I do have to say, more cars dosen't mean better racing, it just mean more cautions. Especially on a street course.

Still...that Ford GT can't come soon enough!
Correct on both points. A 17-20 car grid is not that bad if the cars on there are very high in quality. The P/GTLM format is very good I think. 2014 proved that it works. No full course yellows in 3 hours and 40 minutes of racing between Long Beach and Laguna. Plus they get all the TV time too. No spec cars (LMPC) or neutered cars (GTD) to worry about. I am bummed about the decision to merge the classes at Laguna Seca despite the car count fears. Which really shouldn't be as Sebring showed. Bigger is not always better. PWC might be learning that.

Between the enduros, the all GT VIR race, the full class events at Road America and COTA. A little more diversity on the schedule when it comes to race formats is nice. Long Beach will be a good one I can assure you. I recall in the 90's the WSC class ran stand alone events and they had 14-16 car grids mostly.

And oh yeah. I hope Ganassi has some rough races this year not only because I am a Corvette DP fan, but because that Ford DP looks hideous and I want that thing off the track and replaced by a Ford GT. If they have a tough year then maybe they will ditch the DP and go GT at Petit Le Mans.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3523193)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Crikey, I'm still only 6hours into the RLM coverage of Sebring and there is another one coming.

joeb, thanks for rubbing it in with the weather link
I aim to please.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3523205)   #13
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Correct on both points. A 17-20 car grid is not that bad if the cars on there are very high in quality. The P/GTLM format is very good I think. 2014 proved that it works. No full course yellows in 3 hours and 40 minutes of racing between Long Beach and Laguna. Plus they get all the TV time too. No spec cars (LMPC) or neutered cars (GTD) to worry about. I am bummed about the decision to merge the classes at Laguna Seca despite the car count fears. Which really shouldn't be as Sebring showed. Bigger is not always better. PWC might be learning that.

Between the enduros, the all GT VIR race, the full class events at Road America and COTA. A little more diversity on the schedule when it comes to race formats is nice. Long Beach will be a good one I can assure you. I recall in the 90's the WSC class ran stand alone events and they had 14-16 car grids mostly.

And oh yeah. I hope Ganassi has some rough races this year not only because I am a Corvette DP fan, but because that Ford DP looks hideous and I want that thing off the track and replaced by a Ford GT. If they have a tough year then maybe they will ditch the DP and go GT at Petit Le Mans.
Ganassi had a pretty good race at Sebring though (without having the ultimate pace of the 'Corvettes') and will be in the hunt again - more or less like they always do, the team (organisation) is simply too good not to be a contender. Too bad it's only their one car representing Ford in the (D)P battle against GM - could have used a couple more and certainly a Ford powered P2!

I believe the decision whether or not to debut the GT car early does not depend on the championship standings for the DP car, it'll be an executive decision by Ford and Ganassi will be more than happy to follow instructions. But I agree, hope we'll see a factory Ford GT at the Petit!
Old 3 Apr 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3523551)   #14
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing the Factory Ford GT at Petite . That alone would be worth the Price of Admission ,
Old 3 Apr 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3523583)   #15
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How can anyone even think about racing during these grid girl times?!!!
Old 3 Apr 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3523584)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
How can anyone even think about racing during these grid girl times?!!!
Surely at Long Beach they don't have to think of neither thing, because there's that Toyota Pro/Celebrity event with some famous and sort-of-famous people in it.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 04:41 (Ref:3523626)   #17
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing!?!? You mean there's a race at long beach? Grid girls?heck how do I get to walk the grid??oh wait you can't!! All the girls are spokes modles and people are to busy wandering the convention center,drowning their face in booze,or stuffing their faces at one of the restaurants or those jumbo chicken legs.

Haha one year we got so bored and irritated by the people there,we walked out and watched a movie at the theater right out side the gate,then hanged out in the paddock until the race started.

This year we are not going long beach,it sucks and feels weird and I'm sure I'll miss it once the race is on.but with less than 18 cars and a two hour race,it's not really worth the 300+ mile and 7 hour trip just to get there.plus after last year,I didn't really like the way the cars raced there.two classes, minimal passing,it was more like a parade with no real challenges for the lead.two class tudor at long beach is quite borring in person,if they add gtd and even lmpc then Someday I miht go back.alms ran the four classes there and had usually one caution. Two class tudor P/gtlm at long beach just isn't for me,I'd say bring on laguna but they combined that race.cant seem to win here.DOH!!

Still looking forward to laguna either way...
Old 9 Apr 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3525257)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Entry list is out with a whopping 17 cars entered. I have updated the first post if you want to see it from there as well:

http://files.ctctcdn.com/db5636c9001...5b3906273c.pdf
Old 10 Apr 2015, 04:38 (Ref:3525628)   #19
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So my direct TV guide is showing ama super cross during the time frame that the long beach tape delay should be on,wonder what's up with that? I guess I'll have to wait for you tube,oh well at least the wec race will be on and now I'll have time to watch indycar and the PWC fcy parade show.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3525825)   #20
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Jaguar4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
So my direct TV guide is showing ama super cross during the time frame that the long beach tape delay should be on,wonder what's up with that? I guess I'll have to wait for you tube,oh well at least the wec race will be on and now I'll have time to watch indycar and the PWC fcy parade show.

The race will be streamed live on IMSA.com. I assume it will be opened up to the US as well.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3525939)   #21
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
I'm going to be working at the time of the live race.

Edit: Never mind I just realized the race is next weekend,for some stupid reason I thought it was this weekend.haha Opps!
Old 11 Apr 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3526062)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I'm going to be working at the time of the live race.

Edit: Never mind I just realized the race is next weekend,for some stupid reason I thought it was this weekend.haha Opps!
Crisis averted! I've done the same thing before so I know the feeling!
Old 12 Apr 2015, 01:35 (Ref:3526298)   #23
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three measly pages of comments..I know wec is this weekend..but seems we are becoming less and less interested..
Old 12 Apr 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3526301)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Three measly pages of comments..I know wec is this weekend..but seems we are becoming less and less interested..
That's certainly possible, but maybe its because the race is next weekend?

I don't like these types of cars / races on street circuits anyways.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3526310)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's certainly possible, but maybe its because the race is next weekend?

I don't like these types of cars / races on street circuits anyways.
I haven't been to a street race in years, but I feel like this weekends indycar race is basically a street race since the track isn't setup for races or spectators.

Anyways, I'd love to go to long beach sometime! My dad went to an F1 race there once and said it was pretty epic.