Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 May 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3644106)   #1
Britman
Rookie

Britman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula E may lose London as a venue!

If the article is to be believed and London is dropped for next year, I'm sure another City in the UK could take it on?
Hell Birmingham used to have the Superprix. Personally I'd rather see it in Liverpool or Manchester
Old 24 May 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3644124)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately we still don't have the final piece of the statute to permit closed road racing in the UK; given the furore (and legal action) kicked up by the residents of Wandsworth I'd be very surprised if any other UK city would try staging a motor race in a public park.
Old 24 May 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3644191)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if any other UK city could host the FE venues, or we could afraid that the season could be finished in advance. Reminds me somehow 1981 F1 season when Watkins Glen stepped down... at Las Vegas instance, at last.
Old 24 May 2016, 22:37 (Ref:3644203)   #4
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While FE will not happen in London next year there are hopes to race in the city center the following year. The impression one gets from the article is that FE has to be in London.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124461

Mind you if you wanted another city in the UK what about the center of Edinburgh.
Old 25 May 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3644259)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
While FE will not happen in London next year there are hopes to race in the city center the following year. The impression one gets from the article is that FE has to be in London.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124461

Mind you if you wanted another city in the UK what about the center of Edinburgh.
I have actually been to a race meeting in the centre of Edinburgh-Ingliston-in the Royal Highland Showground-whatever happened to that? only about one mile round but was great fun.
Like 2016-17 calendar except Paris on some weekend as Monaco F1 does not seem like a good idea?

Last edited by Rob29; 25 May 2016 at 08:19. Reason: more info
Old 25 May 2016, 09:31 (Ref:3644275)   #6
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I posted this in the FE 15/16 thread...

Agag saying that they need the London event to be a City centre event to be part of the FE ethos, he is talking a wish list of The Mall, Birdcage Walk, Horseguards, etc - best of luck with that as you need get aprovement from TFL, The Crown Estate, Westminster City Council, The Met Police, The Mayor and if they needed to use Hyde Park for logistics, the Royal Parks and that's just for starters...

Having worked on road closure events in London in the past, nothing is impossible but very difficult. The EV credentials will help with the Mayor's Office and maybe even TFL to a certain extent. Regent Street is closed several times a year for events, from Oxford Circus to Piccadilly Circus usually, but this is a well known road closure and is a relatively short stretch of a mile and is usually time limited to a few hours so the road is in use for morning and evening peak time.

Taking a bigger chuck out of roads out of use for a longer timescale, with a heavy build and the requirement to reinstate as before in a key part of London for heritage, sounds tricky to me and to be honest London doesn't need any more tourists or visitors so that won't be a big sell to the authorities, hotel rooms in London are at 90% occupancy already, for example.

Be interesting to see what happens. If it were me I would go for Olympic Park, a more contemporary venue that fits the FE tech more.