Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Oct 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4007781)   #201
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks Baub, I will take this as a compliment although I am sure this wasn't your intention!
I have always assumed that nobody read YOUR pots anyway.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 13:01 (Ref:4007782)   #202
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Sorry Bob, was just too excited about being able to answer even part of it,
Hmmm! Should I be flattered or insulted?

I will ponder the answer over the curse of time.

We are all good chums here Will, apart form Vi.....
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4007814)   #203
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have always assumed that nobody read YOUR pots anyway.
I think you'll find that a number of people closely scrutinise every post, even if it's only to spot simple typing errors.
Some of us are too polite however to point out any that we spot...
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4007818)   #204
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still haven't figured out what the hell is going on in this thread yet... let alone know any of the answers!

Maybe there's not supposed to be any answers? Only more questions?
Old 1 Oct 2020, 18:21 (Ref:4007838)   #205
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I still haven't figured out what the hell is going on in this thread yet... let alone know any of the answers!

Maybe there's not supposed to be any answers? Only more questions?[/QUOTE]

Paul, I am deeply sorry if perusing this thread is threatening your 'mental health' a popular complaint at this time, let me try and assuage you grief.

Study the set of pictures in post 196. Identify the seven cars depicted there, take the initial letter of each marque, and simply re arrange them so that they spell the name of another well know British motor car.

How hard can that be?

Upon a successful completion of the puzzle you will feel a sense of euphoria, and might even give 'er indoors a kiss, out of sheer joy.

And who knows where that may lead?

Best of luck.*

*With the puzzle I mean.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 19:51 (Ref:4007847)   #206
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Paul, I am deeply sorry if perusing this thread is threatening your 'mental health' a popular complaint at this time, let me try and assuage you grief.

Study the set of pictures in post 196. Identify the seven cars depicted there, take the initial letter of each marque, and simply re arrange them so that they spell the name of another well know British motor car.

How hard can that be?

Upon a successful completion of the puzzle you will feel a sense of euphoria, and might even give 'er indoors a kiss, out of sheer joy.

And who knows where that may lead?

Best of luck.*

*With the puzzle I mean.[/QUOTE]

Oh if I knew that was the prize I might have tried a bit harder.....answer in you inbox!

60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Oct 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4007848)   #207
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Double post
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Oct 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4007890)   #208
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Double post
Congratulations to Private 356 on successfully cracking the secret code, and coming up with the first (and only) reply. What a nan!

Flushed with success, I envisage a whole new world opening up for our friend Will, Master Mind, Egg Heads, A Question of Sport, How to be A Millionaire!
Nothing will be beyond his abilities, i just hope he remembers, at the height of his fame, his old mates on Ten/Tenths,

A Star is Born!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:30 (Ref:4007922)   #209
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I still haven't figured out what the hell is going on in this thread yet... Maybe there's not supposed to be any answers?
Welcome to the Stupido Club, Paul! If you have a question you dont know the answer, please dont hesitate to ask, typos are much welcome as well as other mistakes. Using an esoteric language might help too…*
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4007941)   #210
bauble
Veteran

England
Name this car; Pic 1 and a few clues to help the Members of the Stupido Club.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4739.JPG   003D959C00000258-0-image-a-13_1428312276579.jpg   egg-dyeing-app-d107182-sponge-purple0414_vert.jpg  

ronald.jpg   red-snowflake-bauble-6929628.jpg  
Old 2 Oct 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4007956)   #211
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Clearly I have peaked, as I thought I knew what the car is, but the “clues” then don’t line up with that! Back to the Stupido club
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Oct 2020, 11:47 (Ref:4007963)   #212
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well , according to Baubles cunning definition , that makes it a ---
Reichsmarshal
Stone
Norwegian
Christmas

So a RSNC
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:00 (Ref:4007979)   #213
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it the famous Nazi Egg Special, driven by Roald Bull?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:29 (Ref:4008000)   #214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Xmas tree ball sends to Jean Behra!
Is the Honda powered car a Radical or a Norma?

Will, once you've tasted good things you always go back to! One day or another…

Waiting for next Paul comment now!!!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4008002)   #215
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Well, clearly not eligible for the S Club, RBS has given the correct interpretation of the clues and identified the car.

I must add that the car is extremely obscure, although one of 57 varieties.!!!!!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4008004)   #216
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

It is a mere triviality GerryMo, a mere ?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4008005)   #217
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Oh my....I think I have cracked this one too!

Bauble you are a genius....although isn’t the final picture some kind of nepotism?
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:43 (Ref:4008007)   #218
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Oh my....I think I have cracked this one too!

Bauble you are a genius....although isn’t the final picture some kind of nepotism?

Guilty your Honour.

**About the genius, I mean.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:49 (Ref:4008009)   #219
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry neither of these, GCC has identified it along with 4 of the other pictures.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 19:18 (Ref:4008081)   #220
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon I've cracked it!

Is it the very rare Rommel-egg-southpole-bauble?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4008082)   #221
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You just forgot the ball, Paul!
Gentlemen, please a warm welcome to our new member, I name Mr Paul!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4008087)   #222
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Acceptance... finally!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 06:43 (Ref:4008178)   #223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
A German attempt tor replace actual Santa Claus wagon may be??? Eine Grosssse Enormous Stutz? Ruhe und loss!!!!!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 11:47 (Ref:4008222)   #224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its time for John, our most recent Stupido Club member, to try and catch the real spirit of this thread and club.
Talking about 917's I ask two questions to EB, Brit expat to Aus, and he will show exactly the two pictures illustrating the said questions.
Race is Watkins Glen 1971:
1 Where is the damn oil dip stick?
2 Where does this second wiper come from?
EB, please proceed and dont disappoint me!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 12:31 (Ref:4008241)   #225
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Race is Watkins Glen 1971:
A race won by Andrea De Adamitch & Ronnie Peterson in an Alfa Romeo T33/3.