Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Is Tracy a clean driver?
Yes 25 55.56%
No 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2003, 14:50 (Ref:653927)   #1
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Tracy

Paul Tracy is nothing less than a cheater. Unless he has a perfect car, he can't win races if he doesn't crash against the driver in front of him or make at least any illegal move during the race (Well, illegal for car racing, not for CART, as CART shows like if they were doing everything to make Tracy win the championship). He also likes to block the other competitors duriing qualifying so they can't set a fast time and he NEVER gets a sanction.. In Portland he crashed against Jourdain on purpose. He kept accelerating instead of braking when Jourdain had half the car ahead of him. CART officials should have disqualified him from the race, not give him that RIDICULOUS 5 second penalty. I'm sure he would have crashed against Adrian when he overtook him. Fortunately he lost the racing line and couldn't do it. He doesn't deserve to win the championship and I will keep supporting the other 18 drivers, not him. That kind of drivers make me feel disappointed about car racing.

Yesterday Bourdais did a great move and he was VERY lucky that Tracy didn't run against him to take him out of the race. Good job Sebastien!!
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:04 (Ref:653985)   #2
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no doubt Tracy is a clean driver. I think that Jourdain is becoming a bigger whiner then Bruno Junqueira and is a bit of a Nancy Boy. From Crapwagon.com (picture of jourdain....9th thread down)
http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2
Old 6 Jul 2003, 17:18 (Ref:654021)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You'd better have some damn evidence when you go around accusing someone of cheating. If anything, PT's held to a much higher standard than anyone else on the track because of his reputation.

Is he squeaky clean on track? No, but he's fair.

Stick to tennis or whatever sort of stupid games little girls play where you live, because racing a guy hard but fair is part of this sport. And PT does that week in and week out.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 6 Jul 2003 at 17:27.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 17:52 (Ref:654040)   #4
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada

This is for you, rodrigomarban:For all you poodle-breeding, tea-sipping, deckshoe-wearing sissies that don't like REAL RACECAR drivers like Paul Tracy and who find REAL RACING upsetting to you, I recommend that you consider taking up the delicate art of needlepoint or butterfly collecting!
Old 6 Jul 2003, 18:24 (Ref:654062)   #5
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never been, never will be.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Jul 2003, 18:31 (Ref:654071)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Junqueria - (from CART.com) "I made a move on him in Turn 3 and out-braked him. I think Paul made a great maneuver in Turn 5 on the outside. I said, “Oh, there is one driver in the world that could do that, and that guy is Paul Tracy.”

Bruno is known to be a bit of a complainer and it doesn't sound as if he has a problem with racing PT. PT may be a little hot-headed and foolish at times but he is also an agressive racing driver who demands no quarter and gives no quarter. I think when people can understand this attitude they will then understand PT (amongst other racers) a little better.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Jul 2003, 18:40 (Ref:654082)   #7
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does calling someone dangerous make them a " poodle-breeding, tea-sipping, deckshoe-wearing sissie?" sounds to me more like someone who likes actual safe racing, but still racing as opposed to bumpercars or the ****ing paul tracy show
Old 6 Jul 2003, 18:56 (Ref:654092)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I have to drop my gloves. I've done that. Several times.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Jul 2003, 19:26 (Ref:654122)   #9
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GO PAUL GO!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2003, 19:49 (Ref:654135)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul is very aggressive, sometimes he goes a bit too far, but I don't think he's driving dirty. I am a bit concerned with the accusations of killing other people's qualifying laps as it's been raised by several drivers in multiple races. I don't get to see qualifying so I don't really know..
Old 6 Jul 2003, 20:33 (Ref:654172)   #11
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Why does calling someone dangerous make them a " poodle-breeding, tea-sipping, deckshoe-wearing sissie?" sounds to me more like someone who likes actual safe racing, but still racing as opposed to bumpercars or the ****ing paul tracy show
There is no such thing as safe racing! AutoRacing is a dangerous sport....get used to it!! Paul Tracy is no angel, he will race the other drivers wheel to wheel and push them to their limits, but he is a clean driver. I notice that you Tracy bashers aren't going after Papis!? After the **** that Max pulled last night.....now there's something to complain about. GO PT GO !!!
Old 6 Jul 2003, 20:38 (Ref:654175)   #12
rodrigomarban
Racer

Auto Racing is a dangerous sport, but having the death in the car behind makes it more dangerous.

By the way: You're right. Papis was also particularly bad yesterday.

Last edited by rodrigomarban; 6 Jul 2003 at 20:43.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 20:54 (Ref:654182)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigomarban
Auto Racing is a dangerous sport, but having the death in the car behind makes it more dangerous.

By the way: You're right. Papis was also particularly bad yesterday.
What do you mean...."but having the death in the car behind makes it more dangerous"? :confused:
Old 6 Jul 2003, 21:20 (Ref:654201)   #14
rodrigomarban
Racer

Perhaps I exagerated a bit. I meant having a driver like Tracy behind (not only him, any driver who you don't know if he's going to try to pass you in a clean way (which PT has also done sometimes, I accept) or he's going to smash into you (as he usually does), makes it more dangerous. I mean, Paul's "agressive driving" most times becomes "dangerous driving", not only for the other drivers, but also for himself.

I will always think that the problem with Jourdain could have been avoided if Tracy had let Jourdain pass and perhaps try to recover the position in the following turn (which was possible) instead of ruining Michel's race on purpose (After he hit him, he continued accelerating to make him spin in an obvious unsportsmanlike behavior).

Another example of this "dangerous driving" (which happened twice): He smashed against his own teammate (Franchitti), taking both of them into the wall and out of the race.

Another conduct which is not proper of a racecar driver is to overtake before the race has started, not to mention his qualifying blocking strategy that makes him grab pole positions.

Last edited by rodrigomarban; 6 Jul 2003 at 21:22.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 22:34 (Ref:654266)   #15
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Chris Kneifel grew a set of balls, I bet you no one would be complaining about the **** that PT pulls.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 22:41 (Ref:654274)   #16
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Rodrigomarban, why don't you go to the thread from June 28th called 'Tracy-Jourdain, who's fault was it?' This is what I said in that thread: Tracy took his line (position) into the corner as did Jourdain, but Michel did move over slightly and cut across PT's line. That said, it is a very tough corner for 2 cars to go through. I voted for #4/Who cares, it's just great to see two aggressive drivers go at it! I don't blame PT or Jourdain for the incident. I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!

P.S. It's quite obvious that we see things differently pertaining PT's racecraft (throughout his racing career), so we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 22:48 (Ref:654278)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
PT reminds me of the Detroit Pistons' "Bad Boys" of 89.
Tough.
Fearless.
Champions.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 22:53 (Ref:654281)   #18
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
PS) I voted "Yes" that PT is a clean driver.
But my vote was cast somewhat reservedly.
I harbour suspicion concerning recent quals.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 01:04 (Ref:654326)   #19
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
There is no such thing as safe racing! AutoRacing is a dangerous sport....get used to it!!
Auto racing is dangerous true. But that is very different from the flat out dangerous driving that he so often employs. Th real problem is that Kneifel hasn't done anything significant before hand to stop Tracy from gaining a pyschological upperhand. Wether or not he agrees with what the stewards decide, he has no right to criticize them as much and as harshly as he does. the stewards are officials, if they are criticized there needs to be something done about it or they lose their power to enforce the rules.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:19 (Ref:654349)   #20
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd see he's clean, more or less, but his agression sometimes gets the better of him, and he does things he probably shouldn't...
Old 7 Jul 2003, 15:39 (Ref:654920)   #21
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
......Bruno is known to be a bit of a complainer............
You made me spew coffee on my monitor! Hardeeharharhar. LOL.

Mike
Old 7 Jul 2003, 16:31 (Ref:654964)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega99
I'd see he's clean, more or less, but his agression sometimes gets the better of him, and he does things he probably shouldn't...
So did Senna. His excuse: "But I am Senna!" Also see Mikey "It's never my Fault" Andretti and Michael "I never make mistakes" Schumacher ... and Didier "What Pit Board" Pironi ... and a cast of thousands before and after them all.

As Gilles said once, "You cannot know where the edge of the envelope is until you have gone beyond it." Unless you are TGF or Senna and deliberately on more than one occasion see someone off the track with complete disregard for his life or your own, you are simply testing that envelope. Which is what Tracy does.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 17:10 (Ref:654999)   #23
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Auto racing is dangerous true. But that is very different from the flat out dangerous driving that he so often employs.
Do you no what J.Villeneuve, M. Schumacher, A. Zanardi, A. Senna and J.P. Montoya have in common? They all went flat out and they were all Champions!

P.S. Please don't give me a list of drivers who you think only 'used there head' and still won the Driver(s) Championship. For example, Jackie Stewart, Damon Hill, Jimmy Vasser, C. Da Matta and Mika Hakinnen....let's remember that they went flat out from time to time....rubbing/interlocking wheels etc. etc. It only takes one mistake (which is usually out of the drivers control anyways) for a serious incident to occur.

Last edited by Dov; 7 Jul 2003 at 17:13.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 17:43 (Ref:655033)   #24
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT is the type of driver that does it his way and has always said he'd win the championship his way or no way. He hasn't changed and this might be his year. He drives hard and agressive and has always been exciting. Is he dirty? I don't think so. I think he is a nasty witch to drive against because you know he's not going to give you an inch and if you try to take that inch you're going to rub wheels and end up off the course. I don't think that's dirty, I think it's good business. "Racers" who pull over and just let guys go by because they're faster deserve to lose. Real racers make their car as wide as possible.

I say enjoy PT as long as you have him because after he's gone and Bourdais ends up in F1 and crybabies like Bruno are your main stars, that's when CART will fold. Who wants to listen to that ****?
Old 7 Jul 2003, 17:56 (Ref:655042)   #25
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another thing, if guys are upset with Tracy during qualifying, why not use the first 55 freaking minutes to qualify or at least make sure to get out ahead of him, get in some hot laps for themselves and give him some of his own medicine when he comes out and tries to catch their time. If he really is doing what others are saying they should police it themselves, work together and trap his ass with a horrible starting spot.