Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3261062)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chef Radio Le Mans

For those who don't know, a good friend of mine (and James and Tony) is our very own Tenths member Trussers, aka Paul Truswell of Radio Le Mans.

As I usually do around this time of year, I've exchanged emails with Paul to see what the RLM crew are up to this year. This is what he told me:-

Hello Andrew,

It’s the same team as normal, pretty much. John Hindhaugh, Jim Roller and Jonny Palmer in the booth. Nick Daman, Bruce Jones, Shea Adam and Joe Bradley in the pits. Jeremy Shaw – who will also be working for Eurosport – although I’m not sure whether he will be in the pits as well or in the box. Paul Tarsey adding colour.

No Charles Dressing this year – the Grand-Am schedule is rather too tight… they have races on both weekends either side of Le Mans weekend, and Chuck is committed to being at their races for TV purposes.

I haven’t heard anything about commentary position, but I’m guessing it will be the same as last year.

I have the impression that there will be a number of pre-recorded items, but these will probably be broadcast when there is no other track activity on.

On a related note, I am not sure if ten-tenths has picked up on the death recently of Benoit Froger. In a sense, he was one of the founding fathers of Radio Le Mans. When the radio station was first launched, he was our point of contact with the ACO, and although the ACO was distinctly lukewarm about the whole idea of an English radio station, Benoit was sufficiently visionary to see its potential.

He was always very supportive in getting us the information we needed, as well as important things like passes. He was a vital link as well in making the liaisons between us and French Telecom, etc. More recently, he worked for GM as the French arm of their marketing team and contributed greatly to the success of Corvette in the nineties and noughties. A good chap.

Best wishes

Paul

Paul already knows what I think of Le Mans and I make no excuses whatsoever in plugging the service. In fact, I think anyone who contributes to the Le Mans subforum here would be surprised if we didn't give RLM a darned good plug - what would we do without them - whether you're at the circuit trying to keep up with qualifying or the race, or at home logged on to the website and live timing, trying to make sense of everything. I've been listening to RLM since it's inception in 1987 and we almost take what they all do for granted.

I don't think it would do any harm to use this thread to enable members to support RLM and what they'll be providing for us all this year - anecdotes and interesting stories welcome!