Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Apr 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3897285)   #151
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see how the TCR side of things is tripping over itself with entries now since the change of hands, shows where it was struggling prior surely? With it sharing a date with Brit GT and Maximum's ties to VW Cup I can see it being on the Brit GT package for 2020
Old 13 Apr 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3897289)   #152
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaraproductions View Post
Interesting to see how the TCR side of things is tripping over itself with entries now since the change of hands
it is??
its still got just the four entries it had before the change
Old 13 Apr 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3897294)   #153
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
it is??
its still got just the four entries it had before the change
I've got
2 x Cicely (Probably Golfs)
1 x DW Racing (Astra)
1 x Kent Motorsport (Hyundai)
2 x Teamwork Huff (VW Golf)

Then there's the maybe men:
-Nick Halstead has a Civic stickered up for TCR UK
-Brad Burns has been seen numerous times at the wheel of Pyro's Civic
-Ramair Filters have a Seat and now a Golf they're apparently gonna be using
-Maximum have both Seats with Carl Swift possibly out and presumably Lines himself
-SWR have a civic, talks of a second one, but cos they're renters they have no drivers
-DPE still have the Alfa's I think.
-Finlay Crocker's Civic is another maybe.
-Autogylm academy possibly have a spare Civic knocking about

There's easily a 20 car field for TCR UK in the country, I can put my money where my mouth is on that statement. But almost all are rolling around in various Endurance championships or the odd Saloons & GT series. It's talking them out of those or even throwing the odd enduro round into the championship like BTCC once had that's the winning ticket
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3897306)   #154
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Teamwork and the Ciceley Golfs are one and the same. Ciceley are running the cars for Teamwork unless that's changed.

Also Bradley Burns and Pyro have confirmed a TCR Germany campaign. Maybe they could do both series.

I wonder if TCT/TCR UK sees a higher number of TCR cars compared to NGTC and S2000, Could we see TCT drop the other classes and TCR UK becomes standalone with Stewart Lines at the helm and supporting British GT
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3897307)   #155
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've got
2 x Cicely (Probably Golfs)
1 x DW Racing (Astra)
1 x Kent Motorsport (Hyundai)
2 x Teamwork Huff (VW Golf)

Then there's the maybe men:
-Nick Halstead has a Civic stickered up for TCR UK
-Brad Burns has been seen numerous times at the wheel of Pyro's Civic
-Ramair Filters have a Seat and now a Golf they're apparently gonna be using
-Maximum have both Seats with Carl Swift possibly out and presumably Lines himself
-SWR have a civic, talks of a second one, but cos they're renters they have no drivers
-DPE still have the Alfa's I think.
-Finlay Crocker's Civic is another maybe.
-Autogylm academy possibly have a spare Civic knocking about

There's easily a 20 car field for TCR UK in the country, I can put my money where my mouth is on that statement. But almost all are rolling around in various Endurance championships or the odd Saloons & GT series. It's talking them out of those or even throwing the odd enduro round into the championship like BTCC once had that's the winning ticket
youve double counted. the two two cicely are the same cars as the teamwork huff ones. cicely would be running the cars for them.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...ar-entry-2019/

all the others are nothing but maybes.
at the moment there is just 4 confirmed.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3897320)   #156
pescaraproductions
Rookie

I forgot about Pyro doing that, there was talk of the Vukovich Renault's sniffing around too but no idea what they're up too. There are some errors in there certainly, I don't really care to follow the series as closely as I once did, Its to highlight that a shortage of machines was never the downfall of the championship...
Old 14 Apr 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3897410)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's ok, we have a bit of time before the first race for the rest to sign up
Old 14 Apr 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3897441)   #158
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Sense of humour? So is Howard Fuller race car driver infact a comedy "character" ala Alan Partridge?

It all makes sense now...
Old 14 Apr 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3897464)   #159
pescaraproductions
Rookie

It'd be fitting for the drivers to try and keep up with the comedy act of the series' behaviour itself though surely?
Old 14 Apr 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3897472)   #160
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It'd be fitting for the drivers to try and keep up with the comedy act of the series' behaviour itself though surely?
That's what British motorsport needs! The Clown Car Racing Championship.

I can just see JP and Matt in clown outfits with flowers in the button hole to squirt water at an unsuspecting interviewer!
Old 14 Apr 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3897516)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt that very much. We have enough series as it is. Surely Plato’s getting too old for that and Matt is way too serious
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3897678)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

Let’s look at better series. There are good ones out there. Plato is hanging on in the BTCC and Neal is still as good as ever
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3897697)   #163
touring fan01
Veteran

you do realise that he wasnt making a serious suggestion dont you?
Old 15 Apr 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3897705)   #164
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I don't know, it could have legs. Clown Car Racing in big tops. With lions chasing them...
Old 15 Apr 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3897707)   #165
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That's what British motorsport needs! The Clown Car Racing Championship.

I can just see JP and Matt in clown outfits with flowers in the button hole to squirt water at an unsuspecting interviewer!
The first round of that championship was at Brands Hatch recently, just look how the cars got a slight tap and the rear bumper falls off.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3897714)   #166
S griffin
Veteran

I think that’s not right. I am sure the series is better than that, motorsport is very serious
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3897725)   #167
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If I can try to drag this to a slightly more sensible discussion for a while, there are a few unanswered questions.

Entry Fees - we know TCR UK previously charged stupid amounts, will fees now be down to what TCT was going to charge or will TCT up their fees and meeting somewhere in the middle? Or perhaps there will be a standard TCT fee and an additional charge to be registered for TCR UK?

Tyres - TCR UK previously used Yokohama, which I assumed was a multi-year deal. Dunlop TCT obvious uses Dunlop. What happens now?
For the non-championship Spa round, I believe the plan is to run a combined grid of TCR Europe, TCR Benleux and TCR UK cars. If TCT/TCR UK run on Dunlop then will they need to use Yokohama for that race, as that's what Europe/Benelux use.

Will all TCR cars running in TCT be considered part of TCR UK, or will that only apply to some cars. I guess the question is more relevant depending on entry fees and tyres. - i.e. will TCR UK registered cars run on Yoko but TCR-spec cars running in TCT be able to run on Dunlops without being eligible for he 'TCR UK' title.

And finally, what do we actually call the series now? I'm guessing there will still be some element of TCR (tm) branding. Is it "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy featuring TCR UK", or maybe "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy" is now just 2 classes for S2000/NGTC and "TCR UK" is a separate series that just happens to share track time.

Sorry if some of that sounds a bit nerdy / pedantic.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3897732)   #168
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If I can try to drag this to a slightly more sensible discussion for a while, there are a few unanswered questions.

Entry Fees - we know TCR UK previously charged stupid amounts, will fees now be down to what TCT was going to charge or will TCT up their fees and meeting somewhere in the middle? Or perhaps there will be a standard TCT fee and an additional charge to be registered for TCR UK?

Tyres - TCR UK previously used Yokohama, which I assumed was a multi-year deal. Dunlop TCT obvious uses Dunlop. What happens now?
For the non-championship Spa round, I believe the plan is to run a combined grid of TCR Europe, TCR Benleux and TCR UK cars. If TCT/TCR UK run on Dunlop then will they need to use Yokohama for that race, as that's what Europe/Benelux use.

Will all TCR cars running in TCT be considered part of TCR UK, or will that only apply to some cars. I guess the question is more relevant depending on entry fees and tyres. - i.e. will TCR UK registered cars run on Yoko but TCR-spec cars running in TCT be able to run on Dunlops without being eligible for he 'TCR UK' title.

And finally, what do we actually call the series now? I'm guessing there will still be some element of TCR (tm) branding. Is it "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy featuring TCR UK", or maybe "Dunlop Touring Car Trophy" is now just 2 classes for S2000/NGTC and "TCR UK" is a separate series that just happens to share track time.

the real question is does anyone care?
as a standalone series it collapsed after just one year despite all the hype.

why? because they couldn’t find enough competitors.

why? because it was obviously unwanted and unneeded.

end of story.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3897734)   #169
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Obvious I care, otherwise I wouldn't be asking the question!

But perhaps I'll just leave you to get on with discussion about Clown Car Racing
Old 15 Apr 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3897756)   #170
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Glad I’m not the only one thinking along those lines (or should I say Lines) -sorry terrible pun!
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3897769)   #171
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

end of story.
Calm down Alan Gow some of us are genuinely interested
Old 15 Apr 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3897776)   #172
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

end of story.
If it bothers you that much, why not just avoid the topics about it and allow everyone else to have sensible discussions about it without your interjections

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3897782)   #173
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
If it bothers you that much, why not just avoid the topics about it and allow everyone else to have sensible discussions about it without your interjections

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
it’s like driving past an accident. cant help but look
Old 15 Apr 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3897785)   #174
S griffin
Veteran

Well that’s one thing, but constructive criticism is welcome
Old 15 Apr 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3897796)   #175
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

My assumption is that Mr Lines has the rights to the TCR moniker, and will apply it to TCR-spec cars within their own class, seen in other markets.

Tyres, I'm guessing will be Dunlop. If, and that's a big if, any cars go to the Spa event, which is non-points apparently, they'd surely run on the Yokos.

One would certainly hope that the entry fees going forward, are much more palatable.

If there isn't an upward swing in interest this year, they might as well draw the curtains for good at season's end.