Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3922746)   #1451
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Be sure that Brazilians miss having Brazilian drivers in F1.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3922906)   #1452
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Be sure that Brazilians miss having Brazilian drivers in F1.
Must be painful for a country so passionate about F1. With possible exception of Massa, there hasn't been a real top liner since Ayrton left us!!
Old 16 Aug 2019, 06:59 (Ref:3922939)   #1453
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Barrichello was not the greatest, but he could beat anyone on his day. Nasr looked like he had potential, but only had a couple of seasons to show it
Old 16 Aug 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3922965)   #1454
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Barrichello was not the greatest, but he could beat anyone on his day. Nasr looked like he had potential, but only had a couple of seasons to show it
What day was that?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3922967)   #1455
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What day was that?
Sadly it wasn't during an F1 race. One Tuesday morning, August 18th, 2009 to be exact, he woke up feeling a particular vigor in his soul. It was gone the next day and he never felt quite that good again. There were days soon after that were close, but not to that same level.

Richard
Old 16 Aug 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3922970)   #1456
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah yes I remember it well because Kim Dae-jung,15th President of South Korea (b. 1925) and Robert Novak, American journalist and commentator (b. 1931) both died.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3922971)   #1457
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Sadly it wasn't during an F1 race. One Tuesday morning, August 18th, 2009 to be exact, he woke up feeling a particular vigor in his soul. It was gone the next day and he never felt quite that good again. There were days soon after that were close, but not to that same level.

Richard
What happened the next day, on August 19th, 2009, that made him never feel quite so good again?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3922972)   #1458
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What happened the next day, on August 19th, 2009, that made him never feel quite so good again?
A series of bombings in Baghdad, Iraq, killed 101 and injured 565 others. Enough to depress anyone.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3922974)   #1459
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wednesday.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3922987)   #1460
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Wednesday.
That sinking feeling that you are closer to... but have not yet arrived at Friday.

Happy Friday everyone!

Richard
Old 16 Aug 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3922988)   #1461
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That sinking feeling that you are closer to... but have not yet arrived at Friday.

Happy Friday everyone!

Richard
I think it was before the concept of 'hump day' existed.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3923019)   #1462
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Happy Friday everyone!

Richard
Thursdays! I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3923024)   #1463
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
This is the dimension of imagination.
It is an area which we call . . . the Twilight Zone.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3923058)   #1464
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
What day was that?

We all remember Senna at Donington 93, and forget Barrichello . We shouldn't . He was a very fine driver indeed , and the fact he wasn't Senna . Prost, Stewart , Clark or Fangio shouldn't mean the need to form a queue to give him a kicking . Unusually for a F1 driver he also sounded like a very nice guy.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3923067)   #1465
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What about Silverstone 2003? In a race interrupted by a nutter, he passed more than any other driver to win
Old 18 Aug 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3923151)   #1466
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of current note is the fact that Rubino will drive one of the new S5000s at Sandown in the opening round of the new open wheel series.

At last some (hopefully) big power open wheel racing in Australia.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3923160)   #1467
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
F5000 is back,real racing cars..
Old 18 Aug 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3923177)   #1468
S griffin
Veteran

Let's hope it can attract some quality drivers too
Old 18 Aug 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3923184)   #1469
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let's hope it can attract some quality drivers too
I give this series nil chance of success even if it manages to stagger to the first start line. I don't have any hard evidence to support that statement but to me it just does not look like it has the ingredients for success. The concept sounds like it is marketed towards those who watched F5000 and that is a dwindling group of people who are now mostly on the old aged pension me being one. I remember standing on the out chute at OP and being totally blown away by the cars as they left the pits but I don't see how this category does anything for motor sport in Oz at this time. I hope it works but to me it seems to be a money making deal for the promoters and not anything we need.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3923195)   #1470
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
F5000 is back,real racing cars..
Really? Where and when?
Old 18 Aug 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3923212)   #1471
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Really? Where and when?
I believe it's the Australian S5000 series. Spec Formula 3 cars with production based Ford v8 putting out a bit under 600HP.

Might be interesting, but understand these are not throwback F5000. They are modern cars (halo device, etc)

Richard
Old 19 Aug 2019, 04:13 (Ref:3923352)   #1472
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What day was that?
When there was a track invader.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3923375)   #1473
S griffin
Veteran

Yes he did win a couple when a track invader caused a SC, including that one he came from 18th and won by staying out on slicks on a wet track
Old 22 Aug 2019, 04:28 (Ref:3923702)   #1474
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe it's the Australian S5000 series. Spec Formula 3 cars with production based Ford v8 putting out a bit under 600HP.

Might be interesting, but understand these are not throwback F5000. They are modern cars (halo device, etc)

Richard
The idea has always been it is F5000 using a modern car and the concept was F5000 was great so let's do a sequel because if it worked once it has got to work twice. I have my doubts but would like to be proven wrong that any market research has been done at all and it is all just a gut feeling that this has to be the next great thing in Oz and if they promote the hell out of it then mega success is assured. Call me a cynic but I don't see it at all.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3931143)   #1475
Richard C
Veteran

Bringing this thread back from deep sleep.

I think one thing FOM needs to find a way to address is to improve interest in the US. I have noticed something very interesting recently with respect to US broadcast of races.

So right now those are being shown advertisement free (and uninterrupted). I think part of that might be it's maybe hard to inject advertisements into the provided world feed? Regardless, what can be done (and I think has been done in the past for this season) is to effectively provide (not sure what the right terminology here is) some type of "event sponsor". Such as... "This race is brought to you advertisement free by McDonalds", or something similar.

What I have noticed recently is that the race broadcast here in the US (I think via ESPN2) does not have "real" advertisements shown in the space that is the lead in into the show. What seems to have been shown recently has been a series of "Public Service Announcements" (or whatever they are called). I am not in the broadcast industry, but my perception is that those are what the broadcaster runs when nobody buys that advertisement slot. I don't know what the rate card would be for F1 that ESPN2 is using, but it seems right now... Nobody wants to put their advertisement just before the broadcast! To me that is shocking for what is a relatively high profile sporting event elsewhere.

Richard