Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Oct 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2774953)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
CALLING ALL OWNERS OF VEHICLES IN GULF COLOURS. THE 360 NEEDS YOU!

All

We are trying to do something very special at the 360 next year and we need your help

If you own or know someone who owns any vehicle whatsoever that is in the famous orange and pale blue colours we want to hear from you.

If you and that car are available on Saturday 30th April next year, you may be part of something very special....and even a record breaker!

So, if you have a blue and orange Porsche or an Aston....or a Mini or indeed a wheely bin so long as it has wheels, we'd like to hear from you

We've set up a special address for you to e mail for this so please email gulfcolours@360Motor-Racing-Club.com with your details including the type of vehicle etc.

More to follow with this as it takes shape

Thanks All
Claire
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2775240)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd better change the intended colour of the 924 then ;-) Altho at my current rate of progress my wheelie bin is more likely to make the date and will be more competitive
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2775247)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I have a contct who may help.Send me a PM with an address I can use rather than above link thats another way of Bill Gates making money.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2775267)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I have a contct who may help.Send me a PM with an address I can use rather than above link thats another way of Bill Gates making money.
what?
why?
how?
puzzled...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2775387)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need to get someone to buy these (and race them!):

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...f_Colours.html

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...rsche_944.html
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2775408)   #6
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would a white car covered in blue and orange wrap be allowed?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2775419)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That 944 looks good value; how much would it cost to build one like that? Ideal for the 360, too, I'd have thought.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2775420)   #8
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Would a white car covered in blue and orange wrap be allowed?

Yep if you wanna wrap ya car instead by all means do. Send details once you have it done
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2775430)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
That 944 looks good value; how much would it cost to build one like that? Ideal for the 360, too, I'd have thought.

Agreed, & it would cost a damn site more than the asking price to build.

IIRC, these were built for a proposed series to replace/ augment the Porsche924 series & maybe 8 to 10 were built. I think they eventually ran as part of the "Super Coupe" Cup for one year before becoming Class 4 (?) of the Porsche Club series.

190 ish Bhp & EMC usually build a good, stiff shell. Lightened partly by having plsstic front panels and lexan side/ rear windows (inc the rear hatch)

Should be a very robust & reliable car and handle well, & there are lots of spares around.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2775448)   #10
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Agreed, & it would cost a damn site more than the asking price to build.

IIRC, these were built for a proposed series to replace/ augment the Porsche924 series & maybe 8 to 10 were built. I think they eventually ran as part of the "Super Coupe" Cup for one year before becoming Class 4 (?) of the Porsche Club series.

190 ish Bhp & EMC usually build a good, stiff shell. Lightened partly by having plsstic front panels and lexan side/ rear windows (inc the rear hatch)

Should be a very robust & reliable car and handle well, & there are lots of spares around.
So long as whoever has it brings it snett on 30th April 2011
Old 15 Oct 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2775528)   #11
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw this in the car park at Combe a couple of years back...

Sadly I don't have any contact details but the writing in the rear window I think says "Swindon Resin Racers" so might be worth a search.
Attached Thumbnails
14072007039b.jpg  
Old 15 Oct 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2775586)   #12
mgracer66
Rookie

mgracer66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gulf racing midget

Hi Guys,

Check out my Gulf Racing MG Midget:

http://gulfracingmidget66.yolasite.com/

91f93a8a-e1c6-46f7-a501-823eda2d7a0a
Old 16 Oct 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2775657)   #13
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgracer66 View Post
Hi Guys,

Check out my Gulf Racing MG Midget:

http://gulfracingmidget66.yolasite.com/

91f93a8a-e1c6-46f7-a501-823eda2d7a0a
Just the sort of thing we want !!!! Please send details via the e mail address gulfcolours@360Motor-Racing-Club.com
Old 18 Oct 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2776673)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I already emailed this to Claire... Show car only I'm afraid. I bet I'm not the only one who's got one, either!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0170.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	29793
Old 18 Oct 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2776842)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I already emailed this to Claire... Show car only I'm afraid. I bet I'm not the only one who's got one, either!

Attachment 29793

Yes just to confirm I now have three lego Astons....as well as one that my son is also bringing along
Old 19 Oct 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2777218)   #16
JS154
Rookie

United States
Massachusetts
JS154 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I could find a reasonable way to get my car over to the UK I would do it!

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?p=235285

GULF/Elephant E30 M3 Touring Car #10
Old 20 Oct 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2777376)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Eric. It looks very smart!
Old 20 Oct 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2777593)   #18
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
I doubt that shipping is that expensive! Combine it with a trip to Europe for a holiday!
Old 22 Oct 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2778579)   #19
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I doubt that shipping is that expensive! Combine it with a trip to Europe for a holiday!

I agree with Andy, bring it and enter it in the 6 hour.....would be a great holiday as such!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2779760)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Attachment 29793
As you are entering your Gulf Lego Aston, here's my rFactor Gulf Lola T95.

Old 25 Oct 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2780342)   #21
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC may know where my old Scirocco is
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of brands20021.jpg  
Old 26 Oct 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2780601)   #22
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
There's a few about:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1910214.htm

Just got to buy them!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2781590)   #23
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
UPDATE

OK just to confirm and so that we dont lose track...This is an attempt at a record as such. We want to get as many GULF coloured cars as we can at the 360 next year. Its not about entering the race or the support race, its about being at the meeting in a car that is in the Gulf Livery.

We are going to try and see if it is possible to get all of them on the track at the lunch break and if we are very lucky...all do a lap (that is certainly with control cars within the pack etc)

So, just to confirm

It doesn't have to be a race car...it can be any vehicle so long as you can get it there and its the famous Blue and Orange. Also just to confirm neither 360 MRC or MSV are going to be paying for any transportation costs etc, getting em there is down to you.

The date is Saturday 30th April 2011 and the circuit is Snetterton Race Circuit Norfolk

E mail any questions regarding this to gulfcolours@360Motor-racing-club.com
Old 28 Oct 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2781808)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Of course, if the car is eligible, you'd still want it to be entered though, Claire, yes?
Old 1 Nov 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2783554)   #25
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Of course, if the car is eligible, you'd still want it to be entered though, Claire, yes?
Yes sorry John......Thanks ....you know what I mean!