Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1614214)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being a cynic is one thing, accusing someone of purposely causing a potentially dangerous collision is something else.

DC's driving and racing is very fair and a credit to him.

Sorry, but such a slur needs defending IMHO.
Old 19 May 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1614227)   #52
L-B
Racer

Scotland
Fort William, Scotland
L-B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Being a cynic is one thing, accusing someone of purposely causing a potentially dangerous collision is something else.

DC's driving and racing is very fair and a credit to him.

Sorry, but such a slur needs defending IMHO.
and far more eloquately done than i would have. Posts like Bauble's previous effort make my blood boil.

Ralf was behind Damon anyway.
Old 19 May 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1614270)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
And now I read in 'F1' Mag that DC might be being punted Toyota's way by MB - so what will we be remembering him for if that happens?!

Bit off topic, but would they seriously take on another old hand to replace Trulli, when they could get their hands on a racer?

I can only assume that DC doesn't want to hang up his helmet just yet and maybe concerned that they will keep on one of the younger drivers at Red Bull instead of him, if they hire Montoya or something.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1614305)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
DC to go to Toyota shock-horror.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=118587But according to manager MB,DC would rather drive RB3.

Must lie down before my head explodes.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1614318)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ern... Martyn. That link is about Raikkonen...
Old 19 May 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1614332)   #56
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the thing we were talking about in the beginning of this topic, here's what FIA rulebook says about overtaking in warm-up lap:

Quote:
Overtaking during the formation lap is only permitted if a car is delayed when leaving its grid position and cars behind cannot avoid passing it without unduly delaying the remainder of the field. In this case, drivers may only overtake to re-establish the original starting order.
So what Coulthard did in Hungary 1998 should have not been penalised and it wasn't. Rightly so, and I don't remember seeing any other driver penalised either for that.
Old 19 May 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1614451)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry to make anybody's blood boil, but at the time DC was most vehement in his protestaions of innocence, however, years later he admits some culpability. I would not expect him to say I did it deliberately, considering the consequences of the collision (however caused) but I remain convinced that McLaren at least hoped to interfere with Schumacher's race some way. Schumacher always claimed that the McLaren suddenly slowed in front of him.
Why? We will never know. There are plenty of incidents in living memory of deliberate 'accidents'. Schumacher, Prost, Senna, Ralph Schumacher to name a few. Just because the Scot is so popular does not put him above suspicion.
I genuinely believe this was no chance encounter. The balance of evidence is too strong.

We will have to agree to differ.
Old 19 May 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1614468)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's best if we just celebrate DC's milestone achievement of 200 GP's or look to his future rather than constantly drag up negative events!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 19 May 2006 at 21:25.
Old 19 May 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1614476)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again ???

Oh my... that should come to an end, mate.
Old 20 May 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1614576)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
ern... Martyn. That link is about Raikkonen...
Err....yes,this one isn't....hopefully.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35979
Old 20 May 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1614746)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DC to Toyota.....who'd have thought that would be a possibility?

DC is obviously desirable as a development pilot. But is Toyota desirable to DC?

I think not.