Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:07 (Ref:3706383)   #751
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
How many times are they going to let the 31 get push started?
Is working the starter on that car? Conway's time now ! go Mike go !
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:08 (Ref:3706384)   #752
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
How many times are they going to let the 31 get push started?
How many more pit stops do they need to get to the end?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3706387)   #753
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are you answering a hypothetical question with a hypothetical question?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3706388)   #754
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Approx 17.

Going about 45-55 minutes per stint.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3706390)   #755
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
This will be interesting with the rain going back to green.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3706391)   #756
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why is this FCY going on so long?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3706392)   #757
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Please reference what Caddy did in PWC at Sebring in 2004... GM has written the textbook on sandbagging for new car debuts.
What happened over a decade ago has no bearing on what they've done recently. Showing a willingness to do something does not prove they do it every time(despite your inference, they never demonstrably sandbagged with the C6 GT2 and C7 Corvette debuts, for example - though there was no BoP for the C6 debut, it would not have been a bad idea to hold back and not show their hand to opponents, but there's limited indication that such was done).

But I'll remind you again, since you're harping on this to an extent that seems to imply you're forgetting, I have at no point said that sandbagging was NEVER a possibility, nor even that it was unlikely. I've only pointed out, and will continue to do so, that the circumstances surrounding the matter do not make it the ONLY reasonable possibility. When other possibilities are reasonable, I cannot in good faith assume the worst possibility is the only possibility, and I find it a very poor attitude for others to do so.

Whatever advantages the Caddys do or do not have, they're being heavily exaggerated by the problems of the other entries. Even without sandbagging this would not be a surprise - the Caddys have had more track time than any other car in the field. Even with 100% perfect BoP, I'd expect them to dominate not too differently from this.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3706393)   #758
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad i switched from the Motors TV coverage to the IMSA stream. Why do Fox need to speak to a Nascar driver every caution?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3706394)   #759
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did anyone change to wets already? I didn't hear that anyone took wets?

Edit. I guess not. Looking like they're going to wets now.

81 having more issues.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3706396)   #760
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
What happened over a decade ago has no bearing on what they've done recently. Showing a willingness to do something does not prove they do it every time(despite your inference, they never demonstrably sandbagged with the C6 GT2 and C7 Corvette debuts, for example).

But I'll remind you again, since you're harping on this to an extent that seems to imply you're forgetting, I have at no point said that sandbagging was NEVER a possibility, nor even that it was unlikely. I've only pointed out, and will continue to do so, that the circumstances surrounding the matter do not make it the ONLY reasonable possibility. When other possibilities are reasonable, I cannot in good faith assume the worst possibility is the only possibility, and I find it a very poor attitude for others to do so.

Whatever advantages the Caddys do or do not have, they're being heavily exaggerated by the problems of the other entries. Even without sandbagging this would not be a surprise - the Caddys have had more track time than any other car in the field. Even with 100% perfect BoP, I'd expect them to dominate not too differently from this.
I mean, when you've got first hand knowledge that they have done it, and do-do it... I suppose that's irrelevant. You don't just find a few seconds from practice/qualifying to race pace. It was always there.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3706397)   #761
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Almost everyone will come (back) in for wets now
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3706398)   #762
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Glad i switched from the Motors TV coverage to the IMSA stream. Why do Fox need to speak to a Nascar driver every caution?
Because it's Fox. Thanks just goodness for the YouTube alternate. Fox is dreadful and it's a shame they are still allowed to cover racing or anything for that matter
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3706399)   #763
OmerRS
Rookie

OmerRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10-15 minute FCY only because of #4 Corvette stopped on track side? Its getting worse.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3706400)   #764
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Why is this FCY going on so long?
A good question.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3706401)   #765
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I mean, when you've got first hand knowledge that they have done it, and do-do it... I suppose that's irrelevant. You don't just find a few seconds from practice/qualifying to race pace. It was always there.
Exactly that.

If there were external circumstances (*) that led to that improvement, that same margin would also be their for their competitors, and across the other classes.

(*) weather or temperature related, or similar changes between practice/qualifying and the race
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3706404)   #766
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just heard the 3 Vette radio say the rain is lightning up. People may stay on slicks after all. This may get very interesting!
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3706405)   #767
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
Clearly Angelleli and Curran are way better drivers than that rookie Frenchman in the Rebellion...
Sarrazin has to pedal to have some speed on the banking.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3706406)   #768
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Aside from the occasional Panoz win, Audi won 80+% of the time from 2000-2003. Even against Dyson with the Champion team (and no factory Joest outfit, though I'd rate Champion as being every bit as good as Joest), Audi still won 8 times out of 10 basically. Only the factory backed LMP2 cars due to IMSA rules quirks gave Audi much serious opposition until Peugeot showed up.
Of course they did, because Joest was the best team with the best strategy and the most reliable cars, so they had the most consistent results. But they still had to fight for it.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3706407)   #769
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Are they like NASCAR drivers calling in, or are they wandering around the paddock? There is really only 1 in the race.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3706409)   #770
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I mean if we are being realistic, has any BoP'ed platform out of the box been spot on?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:24 (Ref:3706411)   #771
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmerRS View Post
10-15 minute FCY only because of #4 Corvette stopped on track side? Its getting worse.
...because two drivers (#81 and a Lambo) kept stopping and starting in the middle of the track to reset their electronics. Or weren't you watching the feed?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3706412)   #772
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
4 Vette stated on the radio to have a broken right rear wheel and it sounds like they're having suspension issues now according to RLM. Certainly from contact with the Ford who have received no penalties as of yet.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3706414)   #773
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel as though this is a note worthy moment, but 912 Porsche into the lead in GTLM.

Not sure it was pace alone, but strategy and a good pitstop during the Caution seems to have helped them.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3706415)   #774
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
True statement, but inaccurate claim about the current situation - they didn't find "a few seconds." They've found a little over half a second - Fastest Cadillac quali was 1:36.903, fastest race lap is a 1:36.269.

It's not unheard of for a team to legitimately find a few tenths to a half second or so between quali and race - especially when learning new cars(and despite how much more testing time they've had, the Cadillac teams ARE still learning just like everyone else). But it's uncommon enough that it is why I ALREADY NOTED that evidence leaning towards sandbagging has actually grown for the first time. It still doesn't PROVE it when it's happened alongside all these other struggles and undeniable loss of pace for the other cars, but it's certainly evidence that deliberate sandbagging is more likely than it appeared before.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3706417)   #775
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I mean if we are being realistic, has any BoP'ed platform out of the box been spot on?
spot on relative to what? And that's a difficult questions to answer.