Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Jul 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3834886)   #301
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
It's a shame given the amount of work they've put in over the winter. They've shown flashes of speed (Bushell P5 at Brands and 2 cars in the top 10 at Oulton) but other than that have been nowhere. Maybe they've overworked themselves with 4 cars.

Certainly Tony's been very vocal on Twitter about boost so I guess that's where he feels the problem lies.

Hopefully they'll sort it out at the test, and, of the rumours are true, get an experienced driver (like TOC) to replace Hill.

Reckon we'll all be left guessing over the winter as to what the HARD cars will be next year! Personally I'm expecting a new build...
i seem to remember Hard trying to get a Volvo build a few years ago... silly season of promises before turning out with a Toyota

I dont think TOC will be there for the remainder, i think theres a clash and his attitude pre season seemed to be if he wasnt going to be paid a professional wage he wasnt interested
Old 5 Jul 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3834892)   #302
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
One driver has already exited Team HARD, funny how that's not been in the PR spin from the Team
I know that there are two teams trying to poach drivers from Team HARD at the moment.

Clearly one of those teams will be AmD, which needs a replacement for Boardman.

The other is a team which has a driver who is very unhappy, but who has 250,000 reasons to stay.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3834895)   #303
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get why Gilham is twining on about boost, he gets the same as Cicely, Speedworks, AMD, PMR and Norlin. They all seem to be doing fine with their engines.

If I was Jake Hill I would immensely frustrated with the reliability of the Team Hard cars. Whenever he seems to be going well the car lets him down for one reason or another. Instead of Gilham bleating on about Subaru he would be better served trying to make his cars more reliable.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3834896)   #304
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I know that there are two teams trying to poach drivers from Team HARD at the moment.

Clearly one of those teams will be AmD, which needs a replacement for Boardman.

The other is a team which has a driver who is very unhappy, but who has 250,000 reasons to stay.
The unhappy driver with a large number of reasons to stay is post Croft a lot happier. He will stay put and see the season out.

Now young Price has so far had little to show for his efforts and budget, so may have his eye elsewhere. Possibly concentrate on the TCR car. Possibly.

Pretty sure Mike Bushell is financially all tickety boo for the season: can't offer any info on the other HARD guys. Although I have heard that one of 'em is not continuing in the BTCC with HARD. But may be continuing with HARD. 😀
Old 6 Jul 2018, 06:05 (Ref:3834948)   #305
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
any source on this or hearsay/guessing?
The driver
Old 6 Jul 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3834953)   #306
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The unhappy driver with a large number of reasons to stay is post Croft a lot happier. He will stay put and see the season out.

Now young Price has so far had little to show for his efforts and budget, so may have his eye elsewhere. Possibly concentrate on the TCR car. Possibly.

Pretty sure Mike Bushell is financially all tickety boo for the season: can't offer any info on the other HARD guys. Although I have heard that one of 'em is not continuing in the BTCC with HARD. But may be continuing with HARD. 😀
None of the other three were on great ground financially for the season, sadly.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3834956)   #307
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

So could we see Caine switch back to the Ginetta’s then? Interesting that their current GT4 driver is testing the VW at Snetterton next week? Seat swap?!?!

I know 2 of the Team HARD drivers were very vocal about 4 cars being too many for the team to cope with & were pushing to separate the Brisky/HARD split more than just in name.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3834965)   #308
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
So could we see Caine switch back to the Ginetta’s then? Interesting that their current GT4 driver is testing the VW at Snetterton next week? Seat swap?!?!

I know 2 of the Team HARD drivers were very vocal about 4 cars being too many for the team to cope with & were pushing to separate the Brisky/HARD split more than just in name.
Just that if the whisper is true. Just talk AFAIK at the moment and nothing finalised. But potentially a Ginetta could have it's doors blown off!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3834973)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we should wait for an annoucement from Team HARD, as there seems to be no official word on what is going to happen yet
Old 6 Jul 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3834996)   #310
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we should wait for an annoucement from Team HARD, as there seems to be no official word on what is going to happen yet
true, the usual names who know something you dont know but cant possibly give even half a story on it... but thats what this thread is meant to be about
Old 6 Jul 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3835003)   #311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=Overboost;3834948]The driver [/QUOTE
Which driver?

Old 6 Jul 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3835010)   #312
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's not really entering into the spirit of the thread.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3835019)   #313
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
If we did that the silly season thread would never exist and the world a sadder place for that!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3835029)   #314
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If we are doing rampant speculation, this may or may not be relevant
http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34924
Old 6 Jul 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3835033)   #315
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If we are doing rampant speculation, this may or may not be relevant
http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34924
And yet the team patron continues to fantasise about a very unlikely WTCR campaign?!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3835039)   #316
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
And yet the team patron continues to fantasise about a very unlikely WTCR campaign?!
The owner(s) claim that it is the promoters association that have forced them out.
I appreciate the discussion surrounding the speedway team is probably better discussed in a different thread - it is worrying that a BTCC team who's ability to sustain funding has been brought into question have reported 'mounting debts' in the speedway part of their business?

888, mountune, BSPA, the list affected by BMR funding streams continues to grow - and yet we question why the subaru has not gone well this season. It definitely seems that no matter how much they demand more boost - TOCA are unlikely to give this if they are not spending their own money on development first!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3835040)   #317
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, the dude seems to be in some fantasy without too much awareness of reality it would seem.

Let's wish those affected a happy future in new pastures.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3835141)   #318
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vaguely related to a 2018 season boss.

Chrome Edition and Restart were two companies closely linked to heavily sponsoring Buntingford Motor Racing. Yet has anybody seen any trace of any products by the companies actually retailing products on the open market? The press release republished by TOCA in 2014 was oddly vague. http://www.btcc.net/2014/03/10/chrom...with-team-bmr/

Restart became BMR Speedway. Whatever happened to that front engined kart thing of theirs?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3835150)   #319
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Restart still retails in various countries, and even has a UK website.

It appears, if they are the same company, Chrome still continues in business but have yet to develop their own product range. They retail/wholesale other people's products.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3835187)   #320
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be my memory playing tricks on me but I seem to remember Warren Scott had the UK rights to Restart Energy drinks.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3835194)   #321
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Might be my memory playing tricks on me but I seem to remember Warren Scott had the UK rights to Restart Energy drinks.
On 25th March 2014, Warren Scott was appointed Director of a Company called 'RESTART DRINKS (UK) LIMITED'.

For two years, this company was valued at 100GBP, and was 'dormant'.

On 9th April 2016, this company changed its name to 'BMR SPEEDWAY LIMITED'. Changed its nature of business to 'Operation of sports facilities'.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3835260)   #322
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just search warren george scott on companies house, fingers in a lot of pies
Old 7 Jul 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3835262)   #323
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
just search warren george scott on companies house, fingers in a lot of pies
And a lot of those pies ain’t too healthy!!!
Old 8 Jul 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3835415)   #324
thesmackdown
Rookie

thesmackdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit random, but, is there a 60th anniversary t-shirt available like this?

Is it only being sold at race meetings?

If so, would anyone be willing to purchase a few and post them to the US?
Old 9 Jul 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3835682)   #325
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=crmalcolm;3835003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
The driver [/QUOTE
Which driver?

AmD have filled Boardman's seat. Will be interesting to see who makes the announcement first.