Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Aug 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3922173)   #1006
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Because they let bygones be bygones and wanted him to help develop the car into a winner
Old 12 Aug 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3922493)   #1007
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So. instead of grassing up the team and potentially stiffing Hamilton's first crack at WDC he snipes endlessly at the new engine supplier and persuades them to go to Renault. Proper team player, that. I would really like to see him pay for a seat against Norris or Russell.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3922755)   #1008
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
Indeed, I'd love to know why McLaren took him back, perhaps only to prove the first time wasn't a monumental cock-up?
And at least now they have confirmation it was.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3922766)   #1009
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Kubica needs to realise he cannot do F1 even in a Williams...and leave. I wonder how much he/someone is paying to keep him there?
I think it was during testing before the season, Sky analysed his steering wheel technique during oversteer/sideways stuff etc and his reaction with his hands was not quick enough. Very sad, but true..
Old 14 Aug 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3922793)   #1010
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Kubica needs to realise he cannot do F1 even in a Williams...and leave. I wonder how much he/someone is paying to keep him there?
I think it was during testing before the season, Sky analysed his steering wheel technique during oversteer/sideways stuff etc and his reaction with his hands was not quick enough. Very sad, but true..
Not wanting to be cruel but Kubica needs to realise he cannot do F1 and Williams need to give the seat up to someone else. It was a brave attempt, on Kubica's part but realistically, did it ever have a chance to succeed?
Old 14 Aug 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3922794)   #1011
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Maybe the winner of the W series could be a starter here...
Manufacturing Intellect.. My endless lunch break starts now..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 15 Aug 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3922796)   #1012
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Maybe the winner of the W series could be a starter here...
And why not.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3922808)   #1013
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not wanting to be cruel but Kubica needs to realise he cannot do F1 and Williams need to give the seat up to someone else. It was a brave attempt, on Kubica's part but realistically, did it ever have a chance to succeed?
He probably does. But his Orlen sponsorship is paying quite a lot and donít forget he is getting a substantial salary. Unlikely to give that up as could his last ever big pay packet.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3922809)   #1014
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
And why not.
No superlicence points and miles off the pace?
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3922813)   #1015
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Perfect for the team in question
Manufacturing Intellect.. My endless lunch break starts now..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 15 Aug 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3922814)   #1016
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Is this a fact or speculation? I understood that the W Formula was sanctioned in order to provide the necessary qualifications for the Superlicence. That said Jamie Chadwick is no slouch.

However, I'm not a fan of the series personally since, as in Chadwick's case, females can compete equally with males as far as I'm concerned.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3922817)   #1017
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My understanding is that the winner of the W series gets some superlicence points, but needs more to qualify for the superlicence. Not sure if it would permit them to take part in a test session,or whether with testing so limited,they would be permitted to do so. A few laps during a filming day doesn't actually achieve much and I expect by now the team at the Williams simulator have a good deal of data to work with.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3922818)   #1018
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if Latifi will be put in the car before too long. Maybe their only option to replace Kubica
Old 15 Aug 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3922821)   #1019
peebee2
Veteran

The 2020 may qualify for a small number of points if the FIA is satisfied as to the quality of the field. No points this season.

I have to say, against expectation, I’ve really enjoyed the series and coverage this year.

I really look forward to unearthing some undiscovered driving gem in the future but it’s not likely to be from this years ‘frontrunners.’
Old 15 Aug 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3922823)   #1020
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, thanks for clarifying.