Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 18 Aug 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3923324)   #256
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Without those "pathetic" amateurs many GT professionals would find themselves out of a drive in anything. Someone has to pay for the car and the running of it at the end of the day.
I'm well aware of that and I'm not saying all amateurs are pathetic either, but some of them are hopelessly out of their depth.

If Jordan does end up in GTs then I sincerely hope he finds a seat in a fully pro lineup somewhere. If he can't then I'd rather he ended up in a single-driver format series.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3923496)   #257
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I would normally agree but Smiley and Bert Taylor are almost like family, it would take a lot for him to be out of the picture
Bert doesn't own the team anymore, right? So other politics may remove one or both of the drivers.

As for Jordan, if TitansRX survives into a second season, the aim is to be in that full-time. It's had a difficult start, but the recent races have been an improvement.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3923510)   #258
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Bert doesn't own the team anymore, right? So other politics may remove one or both of the drivers.
'BTC Racing is a professional racing team based in Brackley, owned and run by Bert Taylor and Steve Dudman.'
Old 20 Aug 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3923512)   #259
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Of course Chris Stockton became synonymous with BTC Racing
Old 20 Aug 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3923514)   #260
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
'BTC Racing is a professional racing team based in Brackley, owned and run by Bert Taylor and Steve Dudman.'
But which one owns...
Old 20 Aug 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3923517)   #261
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But which one owns...
Depends on who's writing the publicity at the time...
Old 20 Aug 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3923518)   #262
thetool
Veteran

thetool has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BTC Racing Limited is wholly owned by Steve Dudman. Xylo Racing Limited t/a BTC Norlin is owned by Norlin Ventures Limited, which itself is jointly owned by Richard Irwin and Stephen Symington in a 50/50 partnership.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3923972)   #263
BobJones
Veteran

My initial reaction was 'Turkington' https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...mer-team-2020/
Old 24 Aug 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3923973)   #264
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Would BMW UK be willing to expand I wonder?
Old 24 Aug 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3923980)   #265
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if there were no clashes, he'd be a possibility. But again he's moved to the mainland UK presumably because of the constant traveling to and from NI, so would he really want to be doing more airmiles?
Old 24 Aug 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3923982)   #266
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My initial reaction was 'Turkington' https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...mer-team-2020/
theres no way turkington would even bother to try find the money to fund a customer program. its many millions!
bmw have been trying to find a customer team with the money for dtm for the last two years.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3923992)   #267
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
theres no way turkington would even bother to try find the money to fund a customer program. its many millions!
bmw have been trying to find a customer team with the money for dtm for the last two years.
Agreed.

In 2010, he couldn't get the funds together to defend his title in BTCC, so would probably be well short of a DTM team level of budget.

Isn't he backed by BMW anyway? They're looking for a customer, not to back their own driver.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3923993)   #268
S griffin
Veteran

Well it is a proper works team with works BMW colours, so wouldn’t surprise me
Old 24 Aug 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3924000)   #269
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it is a proper works team with works BMW colours, so wouldn’t surprise me
BMW are wanting a team that is the exact opposite of 'works':

Marquardt said: “We are working on it very intensively; we’ve always said that we are prepared to provide two cars. Obviously it has to be a private team and this private team has to be in a situation where their setup is sustained and it’s funded on their own.”
Old 24 Aug 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3924002)   #270
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
BMW are wanting a team that is the exact opposite of 'works':

Marquardt said: “We are working on it very intensively; we’ve always said that we are prepared to provide two cars. Obviously it has to be a private team and this private team has to be in a situation where their setup is sustained and it’s funded on their own.”

S Griffin is talking about the BTCC-Team...