Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3787261)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Porsche in GT

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/moto...3-r-14620.html

2018 FIA WEC
  • #91 Gianmaria Bruni, Richard Lietz (+Frédéric Makowiecki in LM24)
  • #92 Michael Christensen, Kévin Estre (+Laurens Vanthoor in LM24)
  • #93 Patrick Pilet, Nick Tandy, Earl Bamber (LM24 only)
  • #94 Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Sven Müller (LM24 only)
2018 IMSA WeatherTech Championship
  • #911 Patrick Pilet, Nick Tandy (+Frédéric Makowiecki in NAEC)
  • #912 Earl Bamber, Laurens Vanthoor (+Gianmaria Bruni in NAEC)
  • Patrick Long and Christina Nielsen (Wright GTD)
2018 Intercontinental GT Challenge
+ 2018 Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup
  • #911 Dirk Werner, Romain Dumas, Frédéric Makowiecki
2018 ADAC GT Masters
  • Kévin Estre, Timo Bernhard (Team 75)
2018 24H Nürburgring
  • #911 Earl Bamber, Laurens Vanthoor, Kévin Estre, Patrick Pilet.
  • #912 Romain Dumas, Frédéric Makowiecki, Richard Lietz, Nick Tandy.
Brendon Hartley (F1), André Lotterer (FE + LMP1), Neel Jani (FE + LMP1) and Jörg Bergmeister (porably IMSA GTD) continue as Porsche factory drivers.

Wolf Henzler is out.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3787263)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Henzler is out as a factory driver, but it looks like he's still with Porsche as a driver coach for juniors who will race in Carrera Cup Germany: https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...52385953910784
Old 20 Dec 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3788259)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is this for ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsKStob3Cwc
Old 20 Dec 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3788276)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the Cup car. Assuming they're trying to break it because that's a lot of abuse!
Old 20 Dec 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3788297)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Looks like the Cup car. Assuming they're trying to break it because that's a lot of abuse!
Yes, if they eat the kerbs in this way, it's for the Carrera Cup. It's surprising to see turbocharged engines (now on production cars) in the Cup and atmo engines in WEC. The magic of regulations...
Old 21 Dec 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3788551)   #6
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a very strong GT lineup for Porsche. Will be interesting to see what comes around in the end.
Old 27 Dec 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3789335)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2018 Bathurst 12 Hours
  • #911 Dirk Werner, Romain Dumas, Frédéric Makowiecki (Manthey)
  • #88 Earl Bamber, Kevin Estre, Laurens Vanthoor (Craft-Bamboo)
Old 27 Dec 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3789343)   #8
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
2018 Bathurst 12 Hours
  • #911 Dirk Werner, Romain Dumas, Frédéric Makowiecki (Manthey)
  • #88 Earl Bamber, Kevin Estre, Laurens Vanthoor (Craft-Bamboo)
The press release I've seen, says the Craft-Bamboo car will be #991 not #88.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3796632)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2018 Rolex 24 at Daytona:

#912 Earl Bamber, Laurens Vanthoor, Gianmaria Bruni: 6th in GTLM class (+9 laps)
#911 Patrick Pilet, Nick Tandy, Frédéric Makowiecki: 8th in GTLM class (+30 laps)

#73 Park Place: 18th in GTD class (+77 laps)
#58 Wright: 19th in class (+86 laps)
#59 Manthey: DNF
Old 29 Jan 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3796641)   #10
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really disappointing week-end for GTD porsches
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3796649)   #11
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And a crazy stat according to Graham Goodwin on Twitter: first time since 1963 that no Porsche has been on the podium in ANY class at Daytona.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3796674)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And a crazy stat according to Graham Goodwin on Twitter: first time since 1963 that no Porsche has been on the podium in ANY class at Daytona.
Wow, that is indeed a crazy stat! I guess there has always been a class where the 911 could be competitive in the past.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3796841)   #13
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Such a disappointment.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3796856)   #14
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Wow, that is indeed a crazy stat! I guess there has always been a class where the 911 could be competitive in the past.
So much for BoP!
Old 30 Jan 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3796938)   #15
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
So much for BoP!
Doesn't have anything to do with BoP.

Look at the fastest laps from the race, they're #2 -- .005 behind the #51 Ferrari.

It's the driver lineups.

-mike
Old 30 Jan 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3796948)   #16
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Doesn't have anything to do with BoP.

Look at the fastest laps from the race, they're #2 -- .005 behind the #51 Ferrari.

It's the driver lineups.

-mike
Im not referring to the GTD class Mike.
The GTLM fastest lap times were half a second off
Old 30 Jan 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3796972)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So much for BoP!
Even ignoring Mike’s valid point about what actually happened, this fundamentally does not mean BoP isn’t working.

It makes this kind of result likely. All cars should be balanced to have an equal chance. So, as Porsche do not make up a large part of the grid it is entirely possible they miss out on a podium in both classes.

You should be arguing that pre-BoP Porsche generally built and ran better cars hence the long run of success they had. In which case, as a Porsche fan, the exclamation should be

Thanks a lot BoP!
Old 30 Jan 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3796977)   #18
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Im not referring to the GTD class Mike.
The GTLM fastest lap times were half a second off
Woops, sorry! I always think GTD first then everything else after. :-)

-mike
Old 31 Jan 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3797137)   #19
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Even ignoring Mike’s valid point about what actually happened, this fundamentally does not mean BoP isn’t working.

It makes this kind of result likely. All cars should be balanced to have an equal chance. So, as Porsche do not make up a large part of the grid it is entirely possible they miss out on a podium in both classes.

You should be arguing that pre-BoP Porsche generally built and ran better cars hence the long run of success they had. In which case, as a Porsche fan, the exclamation should be

Thanks a lot BoP!
I think you miss my point:
When Porsche built good cars, they did not need BoP.
Now the cars are old and feeble, they need BoP.
What we can see is that the Balance that Bop is supposed to provide is not there.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3797183)   #20
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it has to do with the fact the cars are 'old' or of a poor design per say. I think much of their past success is just a a numbers game. Back then, if you wanted a factory built race car you basically had a Porsche or you had nothing. The grids were packed with Porsches and if you have 15 911s versus 2-3 M3s and a couple random whatevers, simply by the numbers the Porsches had a better chance to win or podium.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3797267)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think you miss my point:
When Porsche built good cars, they did not need BoP.
Now the cars are old and feeble, they need BoP.
What we can see is that the Balance that Bop is supposed to provide is not there.
I think I understand what you were saying. However it’s nice of you to underline and bold a word to help me.

My points included, and I presume you have missed this , one that was the same as one you say here. Porsche made good cars and won when there was no BoP. I think that as you repeated what I said indicated I didn’t really miss your point.

Then my second point, which is more general and not specific to this year, is that if there is true balance then Porsche have as good a chance of not being on the podium as any other manufacturer. So you may have to cope with this next year. Even if they get the BoP right.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3797418)   #22
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think I understand what you were saying. However it’s nice of you to underline and bold a word to help me.

My points included, and I presume you have missed this , one that was the same as one you say here. Porsche made good cars and won when there was no BoP. I think that as you repeated what I said indicated I didn’t really miss your point.

Then my second point, which is more general and not specific to this year, is that if there is true balance then Porsche have as good a chance of not being on the podium as any other manufacturer. So you may have to cope with this next year. Even if they get the BoP right.
Not really - If there is a true balance, they stand as much of a chance as anyone. They have a professional team with good drivers, so the chances are the same. If you are referring to the number of cars...well, they are entering 4 factory cars for Le Mans.
Anyway - I'm not going to get riled up over GTE
Old 1 Feb 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3797516)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not really - If there is a true balance, they stand as much of a chance as anyone. They have a professional team with good drivers, so the chances are the same. If you are referring to the number of cars...well, they are entering 4 factory cars for Le Mans.
Anyway - I'm not going to get riled up over GTE
You both said the same thing. He said you have a 50% chance of getting tails and you said, no you have a 50% chance of getting heads!
Old 5 Mar 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3805918)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2018 ADAC GT Masters
  • Team75 Bernhard - Timo Bernhard / Kevin Éstre
  • Team75 Bernhard - Klaus Bachler / Adrien de Leener
  • Team Ring Police - Lucas Luhr / Jan Erik Slooten
  • Precote Herberth Motorsport - Robert Renauer / Mathieu Jaminet
Old 5 Mar 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3805955)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2018 Super GT
  • D'station: Sven Müller / Tomonobu Fujii
  • Gulf NAC: Rintaro Kubo / Keishi Ishikawa