Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Mar 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3891723)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Presumably the "trick" that Ducati use with the rear suspension on the start line has been OKd ?

I don't know how Gordon.
Must admit, my first reaction to the launch was active suspension.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/11...camera-updated

Motorsport magazine ran the aero device on the swing arm past a couple of F1 engineers and they all say it is for generating downforce. There was one view from the front of the bike that made it look like a huge scoop hanging down with a wing profile on the underside.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...ppeal/4355200/

Last edited by wnut; 18 Mar 2019 at 23:01.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3894177)   #17
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching first practice for the Argentina round today, the commentators mentioned that the scoop on the swing arm has been approved on the basis that Ducati produced evidence that the device was for tyre cooling. It may well do just that to some small significance but is first and foremost an aerodynamic aid by anyones' definition surely?
Cal Crutchlow looked very quick and committed today as did Jack Miller. With 20 riders separated by less than second it promises to be good race on Sunday.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3894232)   #18
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda presented their bike with the same device on it and declared it's primary function was to produce downforce. They were told it was illegal. They then re-presented the bike with it and said the primary function was tyre cooling and they are now allowed to run it.

Job done by Honda to show how daft the regulation is.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3894330)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Well MM is still the man to beat! Does the team think that Lorenzo will ever get on terms with him ? after all it did take him a long time to get anywhere near Dovi and only then did he show a few bits of his old form when with Yamaha.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3894332)   #20
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More new development parts

https://twitter.com/SofaRacer/status...01502816002048
Old 30 Mar 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3894357)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
He's going to knock s few riders out the way with that !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3894562)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well love him or hate him Marquez was in a different league today, also good to see the "old boy" up front and on the podium but WTF was that all about with Cal ?
As for Lorenzo I don't know what to think at the moment.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3894604)   #23
Johno.UK
Racer

Cal must have moved as they would have reviewed the side on shot several times. It must have been tiny though as it was completely invisible from the front shot. It was the correct penalty under the rules but there does need to be some scope of severity added. As Hodgson says if a guy jumps from the back to the front then a ride through is far enough but not in those circumstances.

Shame as he was lapping at MMs pace in the last 3rd and, before the penalty, you could see he was just biding his time at the back of the group.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3894609)   #24
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great shame for Cal but the same penalty exists in many other motor sport disciplines as well. The MM steamroller continues, what a talent but that was feisty result for VR.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3894631)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely that is what the penalty lane is for.

if he jumped from the third row into the lead I could understand it, but if he moved he did by centimenters.

I have read that Spencer just sat there unmoved when the team went to see him, I think honestly a man who was so useless in his late career and made umpteen excuses and fake injuries is not the right man to be a steward.

Someone like Schwantz or Doohan surely would be better. Or even more someone more current who has ridden these types of bikes a bit. Spencer has not.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3894645)   #26
Johno.UK
Racer

I may be wrong as I haven't read the relevant rule but I expect it's a case of the only penalty that can be applied to a jump start is a drive through. The penalty lane is meant for on-track things like passing by running off track etc.

Cal is not happy reading the reports this morning...
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3895661)   #27
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
He went too early. He has to pay the penalty. Surely the fact he's British should not make a difference?
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3895692)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you can see him move in the footage fair enough, I simply could not.

COuld not care less where he is from really, I have no favourites.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3897766)   #29
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so .. Rins ..
so top 4 under 15 points
pretty close

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Apr 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3898755)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well a mistake from Marquez gave a chance to the old boy to have a win ! however good to see Rins ride a good honest race and prove that Suzuki can be a contender. Pity for Cal as he could have been on the podium and hopefully not too bruised !! Rossi also ran a good race right from the start but Rins was too strong on those last laps and Vali settled for second.
Lorenzo is not in a good place at the moment unfortunately and a DNF didn't help in this race.