Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 May 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1611278)   #1
jim beam
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
jim beam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
S0V.12, sorry jim beam, I agree we really have had enough of Headgate...we all know that you personally did not cheat but the buck stops with you...As for Dave Davies we could do a hell of a lot worse than DD...nobody's perfect...not even moi.
WOOOOWWWWW back the truck up here V8s Rule, I am most certainly not SOV 12. I am not part of the Tracer/Hydraulink team at all. I am involved in motorsport but not how you think. I have sat on the outside and looked in on this all the way through, I have read all the MSNZ reports and also got some insider info but am not tied up with the team.
I agree with you on Headgate, I hope it dies soon myself, I'm not saying Tracers are in the right either, they were caught and have paid the concequences. BUT I am a strong advocate of Major sporting organisations getting things right and if they don't then fixing the problem the quickest and easiest way they know how. (Off that soapbox)
Next soapbox - MSNZ are now looking at changing a whole heap of rules to try and tie up so called loop holes. They are planning to have these finalised within the next 2 weeks. The term railroading comes to mind. I can only dread what is going to come out of this. If they try and rush these rule changes through without consultation and thought, there will be mistakes. There is not a lot of consultation going to happen with the people that really matter in this The Drivers and the Teams! I am not slagging MSNZ to bits I just don't want to see another 12 months down the tubes because people rush things to fix a problem and end up creating more problems because of too much haste and not enough thought. MSNZ need to think these changes through completely and do it right as they need to improve the whole image thing of the NZV8s for next year. Joe publics perception of the V8 circus this year is not good and it needs a huge overhaul before next year. I just hope MSNZ get it right!.- Off Soapbox.
Old 16 May 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1611300)   #2
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Beam

your 2nd soapbox item regarding changes being railroaded

My understanding is that there are a number of changes being considered - judicial from MSNZ and technical/race format from V8NZ (ex Tocal) - the technical/race format ones will be resolved as a discussion with V8NZ who after all are charged with this responsibility. To my way of thinking is there not a V8 Drivers group who also could come into the discussion/resolution phase.

This would not be 'railroading' but the articles and tech regs do need to be finalised quickly - I did see earlier on in this thread about people wishing to finalise and get their engines inspected and sealed -- seems a bit silly to me building an engine before the next seasons tech regs have been finalised

I am not sure if it is Joe Public perception of the rules but some of the people who have been caught and their reactions to that --- sure make for getting publicity for the class -- did not someone say any publicity is good publicity just ensure your name is spelt correctly
Old 16 May 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1611716)   #3
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim beam
WOOOOWWWWW back the truck up here V8s Rule, I am most certainly not SOV 12. I am not part of the Tracer/Hydraulink team at all. I am involved in motorsport but not how you think. I have sat on the outside and looked in on this all the way through, I have read all the MSNZ reports and also got some insider info but am not tied up with the team.
I agree with you on Headgate, I hope it dies soon myself.
My apologies JB, but 'Headgate' needs to be let go, as does the condemnation of Dave Davies...Your posts read so simarlar to Sov.12, I thought you must be one and the same person....I agree there are issues that need to be addressed before next season....and I also agree that we should not be to hasty in casting rule changes in concrete, with out further deliberation...So why dont we all turn our attention to discussing the proposed rule changes, in greater depth...I know that many of us on this forum are more closely aligned with some of the leading teams than we care to admit, and that includes myself..so let the debate begin...Reverse grids...yes or no??
Old 16 May 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1611741)   #4
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reverse top 10 is OK.......works well for some and helps the upper mid pack get some experance running out front.
For all it faults I think it should stay. The big boys have got away with the whole field being reversed , but I do not think that would work well here........same as last year gets my vote..............
Old 16 May 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1611867)   #5
Tracie
Rookie

so what are the major changes being thought of

only one that I have heard is standing starts are no longer on the agenda because of something to do with agreement on a new rear end set up - pity because I thought that standing starts would be good

also understand that there is some thought of having two races extended to 25 or so laps with a compulsory pit stop with at least one tyre change

though that the top eight reverse worked pretty well last year
Old 16 May 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1611887)   #6
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
25 Laps is a long way on the type of tyre we use. also everybody will need to change the fuel cell as most run a 40L...thats not a biggie.......I like the tyre change at a Pit stop thing it would make it more of a team thing..........
Old 16 May 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1611923)   #7
MrBean
Rookie

MrBean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New rules drawn up for the Fords by MSNZ are 10-1 compression & possibly revised intake manifolds.
Old 16 May 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1611936)   #8
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
25 Laps is a long way on the type of tyre we use. also everybody will need to change the fuel cell as most run a 40L...thats not a biggie.......I like the tyre change at a Pit stop thing it would make it more of a team thing..........
GTF, a pit stop for a compulsory tyre change sounds good in principle but will undoubtably add to the cost to run a competitive car...Meaning the front running teams will be even further ahead of the average competitor, because they have the budgets to hire the best and practice the most....Right now artificial costs are not we want or need....As for reverse grids I believe if we have to have them for entertainment value, then lets follow the Aussie's, reverse the whole field, but only in the last race, and make it run over 20 green flag laps as a minimum, with only half points, in order to reduce the need for the back markers to push and shove thier way to the front.....This would mean the 2 prevouse sprint races over, say 10 laps each, would remain true races in the purest sence.
Old 16 May 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1611965)   #9
MrBean
Rookie

agree with you 100% V8,s rule
Old 17 May 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1612324)   #10
Gherkin
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Gherkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey excuse my ignorance can your cars run for 20 green flag laps, some one sent me the video from Taupo and there were a lot of smokers at the end of 16 laps
Old 17 May 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1612422)   #11
Tracie
Rookie

Taupo would have been the longest distance that some of the cars had done

am sure if longer races are involved and if combined with current series engine limitations then they will be built to last the distance

it would be good to see the final number of engine changes for the season
Old 17 May 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1612468)   #12
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie
Taupo would have been the longest distance that some of the cars had done

am sure if longer races are involved and if combined with current series engine limitations then they will be built to last the distance
Agree with you Tracie, Gerkins obviously not aware of just how many laps we lose under the pace car here in Gods-own....If we reverse the whole field we will need 20 laps raced under the green flag, at most circuits, in order to provide sufficient time for the back markers to get through with out resorting to bulldozing thier way to the front....Half points will also remove the need for the same fast folk to take unecessary risks and be more content to play the stategy game.... Taupo, Ruapuna and possibly Manfield, may be the exception's to 20 green flag laps, perhaps say 16 laps, would be better at Taupo and Ruapuna, and 18 at Manfeild...As for NZV8's not being able to handle 40 racing laps plus say 10 qualifyiing laps over a 2 day weekend, again with the greatest respect to our Aussie poster, let me assure you most of our cars will do that sought of milage on thier proverbial!
Old 17 May 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1613067)   #13
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasnt that long ago we were at Ruapuna watching 500 km races.Having posted that half the field did fail to finish and I recall Mork had the biggest steering wheel ever seen in a race car.Also seem to remember Mr's Booth and Manuell winning a 6 hour race at Puke a couple of years back (now you know I am lying a don't really remember it)
Old 18 May 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1613299)   #14
Gherkin
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Hey is it true that your Holdens are now allowed to run the chevy blocks? I know of a few that are avaibale here at a great price
Old 18 May 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1613310)   #15
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherkin
Hey is it true that your Holdens are now allowed to run the chevy blocks? I know of a few that are avaibale here at a great price
I WISH......ABSOLUTLY NOT

Last edited by V8's rule; 18 May 2006 at 10:13.
Old 18 May 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1613727)   #16
MrBean
Rookie

no chevy blocks
Old 19 May 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1613965)   #17
Gherkin
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Oh thats too bad, someone told me that the Fords run an SVO block is that true? and if so how does the standard Holden block compete?
Old 19 May 2006, 06:30 (Ref:1613981)   #18
Bread Roll
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Bread Roll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They dont that is why they fall apart and why the rules are being changed to address the Parity issues
Old 19 May 2006, 06:35 (Ref:1613985)   #19
Andy Booth
Rookie

Andy Booth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Keener
seem to remember Mr's Booth and Manuell winning a 6 hour race at Puke
Yes, a great result for Paul and my Mum

Hey Keener, long time, how's things
Old 19 May 2006, 06:59 (Ref:1613992)   #20
Bread Roll
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Bread Roll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excuse me Andy but was she a member of the famous cheerleaders the tephlonettes?