Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2903323)   #26
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this? Perfect Classic vehicle for the Friday...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-Morris-FG...item2564e67a49

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Anyone got a Fish and Chip van spare?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2903328)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer View Post
They were the pits of all trucks to drive, the best thing that happened to my one was when it caught fire on the M1, luckily none of the extinguishers in Scratchwod services worked and there was nothing left of it after 30 minutes.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2903351)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK.Looks like its Friday. Can i have an idea who is coming now please. I will set the Big truck up in the old paddock should be around where the FJ's are.We have been asked to have the other truck in the new pit area so this will work out very well. Thanks.Iain.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2903356)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Make room for two please.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2903403)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
OK.Looks like its Friday. Can i have an idea who is coming now please. I will set the Big truck up in the old paddock should be around where the FJ's are.We have been asked to have the other truck in the new pit area so this will work out very well. Thanks.Iain.
Having not expected to be at the Classic in any guise this year now hopefully will be there supporting my racing neighbours with their entry in GTSCC. So all being well that is moi to attend and maybe them two others as well.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2903424)   #31
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Midgetman, Mrs MM, MiniMM plus one - and I promise to remembe rthe beer this year, not leave it in the shower.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2903433)   #32
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably just 2 of us on Friday night. I'll bring some beer, what goes down better with the clientele, cold fizz or warm flat?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2904335)   #33
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bill & I should be there - do I get a free (food) pass since I won't be working that weekend? All is up in the air at the moment until treatment plan organised.

We found 30 french stubbies for £10 at Sainsburys in advance of Le Mans (part of turning the house into une petite france that weekend) so will endeavour to find similar bargain. Last of the big spenders, eh?

But I prefer vino..........!

Seriously - thank you for putting this on and we'll bring what we can. Maybe even salad ..... !!!!!??????
Old 22 Jun 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2904357)   #34
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please! Looking forward to getting along as soon as we've finished playing on the bank - Many thank to Iain, Grant and all the others supporting this .
Old 22 Jun 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2904451)   #35
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please, probably plus one. Many thanks for the generous offer.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2904461)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Cant help but notice there are a lot of "grammer"mistakes on this thread. Are you all comming out in sympothy with me. If so we can gang up on Mollett in the evening. Excelent
Old 22 Jun 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2904483)   #37
SF04
Rookie

Wales
Cardiff
SF04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please....
Old 23 Jun 2011, 05:43 (Ref:2904578)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cant help but notice there are a lot of "grammer"mistakes on this thread.
If you mean, the standard of written English in this thread is somewhat less than may be reasonably expected; I struggle to understand how the **** you would know!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 06:25 (Ref:2904585)   #39
Jordygirl
Racer

England
Rutland
Jordygirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please, me +1. A really good get together, wouldn't miss it for the world. The Delta BBQ has become a Classic regular, much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Linda
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2904604)   #40
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the present time it looks like 19.45hrs would be best start time for BBQ and yes old paddock will be best as nearer to campsites.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2904638)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK Alan. Will you be at Brands
Old 23 Jun 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2904728)   #42
Alan Crook
Veteran

No Iain sorry not at Brands have Festival of Speed that weekend so will not see you till Classic. Put down me, Fay + 1 for BBQ.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2904742)   #43
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain and Grant

Could you please cater for another three - my son Owen, Steve Cearns and me.

Thank you

David Morgan
Old 23 Jun 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2904755)   #44
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another addition here please. Very much enjoyed this last year for the opportunity to meet folks as well as the provender - many thanks.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2904773)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
No Iain sorry not at Brands have Festival of Speed that weekend so will not see you till Classic. Put down me, Fay + 1 for BBQ.
Alan, Not sure you can help but can you look at this thread?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...71#post2904771
Old 23 Jun 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2904776)   #46
Alan Crook
Veteran

Hi Peter,

I will see what I can do.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2904782)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cool.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2905383)   #48
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I come please mr Iain?
Old 25 Jun 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2905651)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Can I come please mr Iain?
Your down as staff
Old 25 Jun 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2905715)   #50
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes please, Iain! Thanks again for organising this (the last 2 have been great) and thanks to the other drivers/team members for supplying food & drink. All very much appreciated during what is always an enjoyable but very long weekend for us marshals!