Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2943173)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P4

No real surprises.. but it is only practice...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Aug 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2943206)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q1

Mr Lowndes to pole

Mr Reindler in 5th Fastest of the BJR trio

HRT 20th & 21st

Mr Slade 2nd while Mr Van Gisbergen 16th & Mr A.Davison 18th
The #9 and #4 pilots must still be looking for their race boots, nicked out of the SBR transporter today

Its all a bit mixed up.. but as ever #88 is in the top 4...
Old 20 Aug 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2943243)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R16

Mr Slade did well to finish 2nd!

R17

Mr Courtney's car is for the Simsmetal truck. Again
Old 20 Aug 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2943245)   #29
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be a busy night for SBR, HRT & Kelly Racing... Must be mixed feelings for the KR boys, with two of their cars doing really well & then Todd and DR ending up at the back of the field or out of the race.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2943299)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Almost done...
Old 20 Aug 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2943301)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

WP hard at work... odd perhaps that there are more blokes fixing Mr Percat's car than Mr Courtney's?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2943500)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its raining...

Should make for an interesting day...

Nice pit garage they have too...
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2943501)   #33
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

R17

Mr Courtney's car is for the Simsmetal truck. Again
Thats Karma for you......
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2943528)   #34
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anther wet willow bank, the turn 3 and 6 gravel traps might get a workout
Old 21 Aug 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2943542)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q18

888 1-2 Maybe the SBR mafia or Mr Bright can make a race of it?

Meantime #30 found some big improvements, and went half a second quicker than yesterday.. to still be 28th!

Oh.. and for WP.. #61 is 8th.. #2 19th, #1 22nd.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 06:37 (Ref:2943578)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ouch. Roland Dane. a man of few words
Old 21 Aug 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2943591)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R18

Series Points

Can/will Mr Lowndes catch Mr Whincup?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:03 (Ref:2943593)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great drive by some of the less experienced drivers.

Tim Slade, fantastic job, and the rookie. Moff Jnr, P4 , well done to them both

Getting tight at the top now, and maybe a 25 point penalty to come for jamie, although in the old days a pit lane equivalent would have seen a 40 point drop
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2943594)   #39
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
great drive by some of the less experienced drivers.

Tim slade, fantastic job, and the rookie. Moff Jnr, P4 , well done to them both
Home track for those guys i know, but you've still got to get the job done. As a Ford man, Tim Slade obviously was the highlight for me this weekend.... he was epic in that 65 lapper this arvo. I'm not a Moffat Jnr fan at all, but that was a sterling drive also.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2946138)   #40
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[iV8SC11-R16&17&18] Coates Hire Ipswich 300 - 19-21 August

If the rumor mills are true, could a property is SEQ be up for sale or will it be a part of a settlement?

Depends on what a V8 Supercar driver gets paid I suppose
Old 21 Aug 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2943810)   #41
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW! A great race weekend, on a very bumpy GLD Raceway. I was shocked at how bumpy it was compared to last year. But a fantastic job by Craig Lowndes, looks like his championship is back on track. But Whincup must be ****ED.

Also props to Tim Slade for having a great weekend, 2nd, 3rd and 2nd. Very impressive.

Nice job by Moffat to come in 4th (seems weird saying that lol)
Old 21 Aug 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2943831)   #42
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone see what happened between Winterbottom and Webb during Sunday qualifying

As they came into the pits after qualifying Webb kept tapping him all the way down, and not long after I overhead a conversation where his team was being told by the men in black that "they don't want to see that happening"

Lack of results this year might be turning him into an angry young man
Old 22 Aug 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2943914)   #43
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is one for you, How did the #88 Mobile not end up with a post race penalty for his spinning of Rick Kelly??? Rick ends up back in 17th Wincup ends up 10th seem hardly fair to me.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2943918)   #44
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Here is one for you, How did the #88 Mobile not end up with a post race penalty for his spinning of Rick Kelly??? Rick ends up back in 17th Wincup ends up 10th seem hardly fair to me.
Also heard on track radio that GRM had lodged a protest over 888 re-fuelling Jamie when he pitted prior to start. Any news on that?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 07:23 (Ref:2946139)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here's hoping the property in question is actually Queensland Raceway. I reckon the likes of Sebastian Loeb and his WRC mates could do a great job around that track in their Citroens and Focii...

Rough as guts...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2944007)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Stewards Update

No news of GRM protests or an investigation of #88 vs #15..
Old 22 Aug 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2946140)   #47
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you'd well know GTR they were all set to resurface the track back in January and then it ended up under 40cm of water and then the contractors asked to defer the work so they could concentrate on fixing the flood damaged public roads.

They said at the time it would be done later this year.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2946141)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Absolutely right... except driver & rider safety is compromised by the horrible surface... some of the cars rode like Cadillacs, some were like old taxis... the vision from the development series cars showed how truly ordinary the surface was.

Curious how the circuit passed a CAMS licencing inspection
Old 22 Aug 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2946142)   #49
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
QLD Raceway was crazy bumpy, needs a resufacing bad! Or we could keep it old school like Sebring
Old 22 Aug 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2946143)   #50
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
As you'd well know GTR they were all set to resurface the track back in January and then it ended up under 40cm of water and then the contractors asked to defer the work so they could concentrate on fixing the flood damaged public roads.

They said at the time it would be done later this year.
Too true.

Even with the resurface heres hoping the track keeps its character with bumps and challenges.

To think of all the goat track street races the series races on - it was amazing to hear the criticism in light of all the Queensland has been through this year.