Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3966689)   #5326
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Might be viable as a 2 day meeting - no idea yet what the size of the grids would be. Given the financial carnage currently going on I very much doubt the grids as announced will be the grids that hit the circuit if any meetings do take place this season. Merge grids where you can to get something half sensible.
i agree that there's going to be varying grid numbers - many drivers are supported by family businesses that may not have the funding available any longer. realistically though, nobody will be up for merging grids other than within brands. and even then the differences between cars will be too substantial - for example the ginettas run on three different types of tyres... big ginettas already run in gt cup and british gt, but then what do you do about entry fees? what about mixing tyre brands?

sro with the british gt events will be further up the pecking order than you'd think - british f3 is run by msv, and has joint headline status. perhaps you could see that breaking off and running with gt cup, but again, realistically i can't see it happening.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3966691)   #5327
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
On the official BTCC forum someone asked Alan Gow if it was possible there could be an "eBTCC" series instead this year and he replied that they were finalising some details but there but there should be an announcement in the next two of three days.
Lord Gow's epic dismissal of eSports coming back to bite him on the ass belatedly. What they gonna do, dust off TOCA 2 from 20+ years ago?
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:43 (Ref:3966695)   #5328
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
What they gonna do, dust off TOCA 2 from 20+ years ago?
To be fair, that would be pretty great!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3966698)   #5329
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i agree that there's going to be varying grid numbers - many drivers are supported by family businesses that may not have the funding available any longer. realistically though, nobody will be up for merging grids other than within brands. and even then the differences between cars will be too substantial - for example the ginettas run on three different types of tyres... big ginettas already run in gt cup and british gt, but then what do you do about entry fees? what about mixing tyre brands?

sro with the british gt events will be further up the pecking order than you'd think - british f3 is run by msv, and has joint headline status. perhaps you could see that breaking off and running with gt cup, but again, realistically i can't see it happening.
Time for MSUK to step up and get agreement from TOCA and BGT to put on a great Best Of British Motorsport to launch the season and showcase the industry.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3966699)   #5330
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lord Gow's epic dismissal of eSports coming back to bite him on the ass belatedly. What they gonna do, dust off TOCA 2 from 20+ years ago?
What is this “Lord Gow” pi$$ take? Without him there would be no BTCC. Remember when he left it and Octagon flew it into the ground in less than 2 seasons?
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3966700)   #5331
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Time for MSUK to step up and get agreement from TOCA and BGT to put on a great Best Of British Motorsport to launch the season and showcase the industry.
Plus they could have a large tent in the paddock and call it the Powertour dome?
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3966702)   #5332
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Plus they could have a large tent in the paddock and call it the Powertour dome?
*flashbacks*

still, imagine the fights about who's going to get the garages
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3966703)   #5333
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lord Gow's epic dismissal of eSports
When was this - do you have a link to what he said?

It seems at odds with him retaining the rights and license of the TOCA name for interactive gaming when he sold TOCA, and then was behind the release of the TOCA Series of games?

Last edited by crmalcolm; 25 Mar 2020 at 11:23.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3966706)   #5334
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What is this “Lord Gow” pi$$ take? Without him there would be no BTCC. Remember when he left it and Octagon flew it into the ground in less than 2 seasons?
The Lord Gow moniker is a not a pi$$ take, it's actually used as an affectionate nickname for him.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3966724)   #5335
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Oh great, more jumping on the eBandwagon. Virtual racing is really difficult to televise/present in an interesting manner, and most of the time it's just not that good.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3966727)   #5336
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
BSB has delayed it’s season till the end of May. Obviously is more optimistic than MSUK
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3966729)   #5337
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Firstly best wishes to everyone who is suffering with the CV19 or has a family member effected.

Also big Thanks to the NHS and emergency services for their incredible work.

Just a quick note on here to emphasise that TOCA's plan is to definitely run 10 BTCC meetings this season.

I've read a few comments on here saying its "bravado" or "impossible".

Please remember that some of the teams, staff and circuits rely heavily on the income that the BTCC brings in to survive.

We're lucky at AmD Tuning that we have a separate garage and online business that is partially open but others aren't in the same position.

I think you'd be surprised how many teams, etc read this forum but its important that we all rely on official statements rather than muddy the waters by making up our own "facts" otherwise these comments could become a self prophecy?

Keep positive everyone. The BTCC will happen this year and I think we're going to be VERY busy come July/August.

Shaun Hollamby
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3966732)   #5338
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
BSB has delayed it’s season till the end of May. Obviously is more optimistic than MSUK
Dreaming.....
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3966735)   #5339
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Hi,

Just a quick note on here to emphasise that TOCA's plan is to definitely run 10 BTCC meetings this season.

Please remember that some of the teams, staff and circuits rely heavily on the income that the BTCC brings in to survive.

We're lucky at AmD Tuning that we have a separate garage and online business that is partially open but others aren't in the same position.

I think you'd be surprised how many teams, etc read this forum but its important that we all rely on official statements rather than muddy the waters by making up our own "facts" otherwise these comments could become a self prophecy?

Keep positive everyone. The BTCC will happen this year and I think we're going to be VERY busy come July/August.

Shaun Hollamby

Nice to hear from you Shaun, important everyone in the series works together to get racing hopefully done from July onwards.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3966737)   #5340
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Oh great, more jumping on the eBandwagon. Virtual racing is really difficult to televise/present in an interesting manner, and most of the time it's just not that good.
I really enjoyed watching it at the weekend and looking to get a Sim to see if I've gained any speed in the virtual world!!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3966739)   #5341
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I really enjoyed watching it at the weekend and looking to get a Sim to see if I've gained any speed in the virtual world!!
BTCC team manager championship!? You've got a good mentor in Jake Hill given how he did at the weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3966742)   #5342
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi,

Firstly best wishes to everyone who is suffering with the CV19 or has a family member effected.

Also big Thanks to the NHS and emergency services for their incredible work.

Shaun Hollamby

Shaun

would it be possible to simply run 2 race days at one circuit to have those 10 rounds ?

so saturday 3 races, next sunday again 3 races , starting position for 2nd race day could be simply based on the points scoring from the previous day so no extra qualy sessions needed

and I would imagine logistically it would be better for the teams too cutting the traveling costs and hectic schedules

Last edited by porsche962fan; 25 Mar 2020 at 12:45.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3966749)   #5343
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where have you seen it?

I find the iRacing broadcasters generally do a good job. The big leagues end up on this channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUo...A-tS77XGmuzhbw
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3966751)   #5344
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
every finger is crossed, seriously.

i work in the paddock, and one of my employers has completely shut down for at least six weeks and the other is desperately trying to busy the full time staff with no need at all for us day-rate folks. we’re just all trying to find temp work and keep going until it kicks off again.

boggles my mind how few posters on this thread look at the human impact of all this.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3966752)   #5345
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Shaun

would it be possible to simply run 2 race days at one circuit to have those 10 rounds ?

so saturday 3 races, next sunday again 3 races , starting position for 2nd race day could be simply based on the points scoring from the previous day so no extra qualy sessions needed

and I would imagine logistically it would be better for the teams too cutting the traveling costs and hectic schedules
Yes definitely could work but the "hostility" and TV side of the championship wouldn't work so well for sponsors?

Without wanting to downplay the seriousness of our current CV19 situation once the BTCC starts again there'll be demand for an exciting TV friendly sport to fill the TV sports slots that are empty due to cancellation? Just my opinion.

Circuits will want race weekends that pull in the ticket sales and in all honesty the BTCC and BSB are the only UK race series that do. Just my opinion.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3966755)   #5346
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an option could be they could pair Brands Hatch Indy with Brands GP at one week difference so teams don't even pack up but just stay there for a few days

same with Silverstone

British GT is rubish since 2005 , even more when they switched to GT3 spec around 2007

before it was so awesome with great cars and big variaty and big grids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeELfJtcqsc
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3966759)   #5347
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Each to their own, but I'd watch a virtual BTCC! The F1-related sim content from the last couple of weeks has been enjoyable enough (if a bit chaotic from the real-life drivers not used to pretend racecars) but I think a tin-top series would be even more entertaining. Especially if hosted by iRacing, as previously suggested - they have the best interface for live-streaming a race and some experienced presenters. Also, other touring cars are available elsewhere but I think the iRacing Audi RS3 is the most up-to-date sim touring car around, even if it is a TCR.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3966764)   #5348
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
boggles my mind how few posters on this thread look at the human impact of all this.
Yeah, the let’s have 12 races at 3 different circuits in 6 days crowd.

I hope you can find some work outside of Motorsport.

It’s plainly obvious to those that can see that 2020 is going to be a total write-off and that 2021 is going to be very different to anything that came before it sadly.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3966767)   #5349
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Each to their own, but I'd watch a virtual BTCC!
Hold that thought!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3966777)   #5350
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
BTCC team manager championship!? You've got a good mentor in Jake Hill given how he did at the weekend.
I'm in!