Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 May 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3819381)   #751
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Adam Morgan is apparently taking an interest in the series too
Old 4 May 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3819387)   #752
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Interesting. I hope it does survive this season - the cars themselves look good and the racing seems quite close (more so in the TCR series where there are more cars entered). You get the impression that if they can limp through this season with the grid they've got then potentially they do have a chance of getting a better grid for next season. There do seem to be people "having a look" - if they can convert some of those into "having a go" then they should be ok.
Old 6 May 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3820437)   #753
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a good look at Moffat's Alfa today, and I have to say that it looks a whole lot better in the flesh than in photos. Really impressed.
Old 8 May 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3820761)   #754
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3 car West Coast effort for knockhill.
Old 8 May 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3820779)   #755
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
3 car West Coast effort for knockhill.
Good to see West Coast coming out for another round - hopefully they'll stay in for the whole season with all 3 cars.
Old 8 May 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3820787)   #756
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It probably helps that there's a ferry port to Zeebrugge 15 minutes down the road!
Old 8 May 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3820829)   #757
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12 Cars for Knockhill. As long as the series stays in the teens in year one I think itll be ok.

Then it can build in 2019.
Old 8 May 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3820835)   #758
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It probably helps that there's a ferry port to Zeebrugge 15 minutes down the road!
Yeah, and it’s only 1,200 km and 5 countries from their workshop to Zeebrugge too!
Old 8 May 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3820876)   #759
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
12 Cars for Knockhill.

As long as the series stays in the teens in year one I think itll be ok.

Then it can build in 2019.
So let me just check:
  • 12 cars for Knockhill
  • As long as the series stays in the teens in year one I think itll be ok.

So you think it's doomed?
Old 8 May 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3820902)   #760
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So let me just check:

• 12 cars for Knockhill
  • As long as the series stays in the teens in year one I think itll be ok.

So you think it's doomed?

Not at all, I’m hopeful it’ll work, my point above was that as long it can survive year one in reason form it stands a good chance of building up
Old 8 May 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3820909)   #761
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So far so good, I think it will survive this season and next season too
Old 8 May 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3820911)   #762
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Not at all, I’m hopeful it’ll work, my point above was that as long it can survive year one in reason form it stands a good chance of building up
I think you missed the irony.
bert was pointing out you said if they can stay in the ‘teens’ it should be ok. but 12 cars is actually not in the ‘teens’.

I see howard fuller has pulled out of the series meaning walkinshaw has to drive his own car for knockhill. still 9 season long entries.
Old 8 May 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3820915)   #763
S griffin
Veteran

Don’t worry the series will get more entries as time goes on. Don’t forget this a series that has only just started
Old 9 May 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3820986)   #764
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe Howard Fuller has "pulled out of the series", but is merely missing Knochill. As far as I know, he fully intends to be back at Brands Hatch.
Old 9 May 2018, 10:07 (Ref:3820988)   #765
S griffin
Veteran

I hope he’s back, obviously Knockhill can struggle for entries, but hopefully we’ll have more at Brands
Old 9 May 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3821016)   #766
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I really hope it does survive and that in 2019 we can have say 20 (ish) permanent full entries.
Old 9 May 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3821017)   #767
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sure it can get though 2018 and hopefully we’ll have a great entry in 2019. I can see it happening
Old 10 May 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3821226)   #768
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Carl Swift due to gearbox reasons.
Old 10 May 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3821250)   #769
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
No Carl Swift due to gearbox reasons.
So down to eleventeen cars now
Old 10 May 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3821268)   #770
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
I'm surprised they haven't encouraged local club racer Andrew Morrison to enter with his Cupra.
Old 13 May 2018, 10:12 (Ref:3822004)   #771
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that was a race where nobody wanted to stay on the circuit. Dan Lloyd won at a canter, and everyone else struggled in damp greasyy/muddy conditions.
Old 13 May 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3822104)   #772
medius
Veteran

England
Another Dan Lloyd win after a single lap sprint following a late safety car took some time recovering an immobiled Civic. Robust driving throughout the field, a great result for Darelle Wilson and Josh Price too.

Lots of spectator cars in the carpark but not many on the banking looked odd.

See if the entry numbers pick up for the next round at Brands, being close to Dover may encourage European based teams.
Old 13 May 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3822106)   #773
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Another Dan Lloyd win...
Looks like this championship isn't going down to the wire!

Hope Lloyd can get a full season in the BTCC next year, definitely deserves it.

This was the first race I watched - managed about the first 12 minutes before getting bored. Nothing wrong with the racing, just not enough cars on the grid to have close battles for the whole race like the BTCC.

As others have said, hopefully numbers will increase but I still struggle to see why a driver would chose TCR UK over the Clio Cup or Mini Challenge.
Old 13 May 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3822210)   #774
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Looks like this championship isn't going down to the wire!

Hope Lloyd can get a full season in the BTCC next year, definitely deserves it.

This was the first race I watched - managed about the first 12 minutes before getting bored. Nothing wrong with the racing, just not enough cars on the grid to have close battles for the whole race like the BTCC.

As others have said, hopefully numbers will increase but I still struggle to see why a driver would chose TCR UK over the Clio Cup or Mini Challenge.
Because the cars are a cut above a one make Clio or Mini?

Having seen a few TCR cars testing, although i can't stand hatchback racing generally, they look and sound pretty good?
Old 14 May 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3822287)   #775
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, this is the national saloon series we have been waiting for, certainly better than the Clios, who are great in there own right. Not sure if they are better than Minis though. Really this is a good feeder series we need and the championship is doing well in it's own right for those who just want to compete in the series full stop