Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2551469)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Rosberg to Brawn?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79043

Normally a source for Sportscar Rumours, I found the Murphy the Bear blog had some bits about this and what else to expect from F1 in this story.

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....-hip/#more-539
Old 30 Sep 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2551491)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Rosberg-Brawn bit isn't the important bit in that article, because that's been known for ages. What is important is this bit:

Quote:
That same inheritor of Bruce, now needing to replace the Deutsche daughter, will embrace the iconic employer of Hans und Bernd und even Tazio in one season, taking the name under which it raced to 25 victories. In this fable, the famed icon does not return to the venues of its recent success.
i.e. there's a suggestion that McLaren will hook up with VW AG once Merc have gone to Brawn
Old 30 Sep 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2551534)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I'd like to see Rosberg and Barichello remain where they are.
With the possibility of the loss of Toyota and Renault, and the new teams needing time to catch up, it could end up being a very dull season next year with just 4 teams fighting it out.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2551547)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just four teams! There aren't many seasons (in any class of motorsport, or even sport generally) where there have been as many as four teams battling it out.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2551555)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, so far this season we've had Brawn, Red Bull, FIArrari, McLaren, Toyota, Renault, Williams and Force India.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2551560)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While 'battling it out' could mean anything...

I know. In 1992 we had Williams.

I'd like Rosberg to go to Brawn. I'd like it more if he stayed at Williams and Williams actually were one of the eight teams battling it out, unlike this year. One podium isn't my idea of 'battling it out'.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2551572)   #7
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
They didn't do so bad last weekend, until Rosberg crossed a fine line
Old 30 Sep 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2551581)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rosberg to Brawn ?

Nice.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2551583)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems like a good move for Brawn. Barrichello is too fragile.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2551637)   #10
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it been a good thing?,ok at the moment brawn are going to b the champions this year,but what about the next few years,they may stuggle the next few yaers and rosberg would be where he is now middle of the field.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2551664)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That same inheritor of Bruce, now needing to replace the Deutsche daughter, will embrace the iconic employer of Hans und Bernd und even Tazio in one season, taking the name under which it raced to 25 victories. In this fable, the famed icon does not return to the venues of its recent success.
Am I the only person to think this is journalistic(?) tripe? Why not just say it in English?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2551731)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
They didn't do so bad last weekend, until Rosberg crossed a fine line
But Rosberg/Williams went well there last year too (where they also had a penalty), it seem's that the car is ideal for a circuit like that, but not so good at other circuits. I'd love to see Williams fighting it out at the front week in week out.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2551733)   #13
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Am I the only person to think this is journalistic(?) tripe? Why not just say it in English?
Dunno about tripe, but I had no idea what they were talking about.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2551734)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Seems like a good move for Brawn. Barrichello is too fragile.
????

Been in F1 longer than all the other drivers, currently second in the championship. Fragile? You don't get to stay in F1 if you are fragile.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2551749)   #15
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello might be an emotional man but he's hardly fragile.As JamesH says,he's been in the game since '93.With the testing ban it makes perfect sense for williams to have a very experienced driver alongside Hulkenberg to develop the car,and for Brawn,Rosberg makes sense because he's a reasonably fresh talent to partner Button.

My opinion of Nico has changed a lot recently;I never really rated him that much before but in Singapore qually he was extracting chunks of laptime on sheer bravery.I think he definitely would have grabbed pole had it not been for Rubens dumping it in the dying stages of Q3.Shame about the mistake in the pits but I can't hold it against him.

So the murphythebear article is basically saying Audi are gonna pull out of sportscars and start a new relationship as McLaren Audi/McLaren VW in F1 and leave LeMans to Porsche?...Well,it's not the craziest thing I've heard in the last few weeks...
Old 1 Oct 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2551812)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not against drivers having outbursts, but the fact was Barrichello's at Brawn this year with his "bla bla bla bla" comment was utterly unwarranted. He was talking rubbish and whilst not making his position untenable (blimey, a lot of us say heated things in the moment, and long may this remain so), I get the idea he got their backs up even if Brawn outwardly dealt with it "professionally".

He appears paranoid. He's been the form man recently at Brawn though.

Quote:
Would it been a good thing?,ok at the moment brawn are going to b the champions this year,but what about the next few years,they may stuggle the next few yaers and rosberg would be where he is now middle of the field.
This is the nice thing after a season like 2009. It's hard to see where the form is next going to be. I guess you have to base things on facilities, resources and ability to turn around a bad car. McLaren and Ferrari have proved that this year. We'll see with Brawn. Williams have improved a bit but seem to lack that bit extra to get them up to the top. I, like many here I notice, would like to see Williams up there again.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2551906)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm not against drivers having outbursts, but the fact was Barrichello's at Brawn this year with his "bla bla bla bla" comment was utterly unwarranted. He was talking rubbish and whilst not making his position untenable (blimey, a lot of us say heated things in the moment, and long may this remain so), I get the idea he got their backs up even if Brawn outwardly dealt with it "professionally".
He always been like that, all the way since Jordan... he's a cry-baby. And that's because I hate to think he's going to Williams. As soon as he's confirmed there, he'll be shouting that he'll be champion, that the team will support him every way and blah blah... after a few races when his teammate start beating him, the whole story will start again... just watch.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2552139)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
The one risk is that Rosberg is not very strong on set up and engineering. He struggled last year without a Wurz or a Webber alongside him.
Source: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/1...-market-moves/

A surprising assertion given Nico's renowned engineering knowledge. He's supposed to have had one of the best results of Williams's engineering exam their drivers and potential drivers sit. So, why wouldn't he be amongst the best at setting up the car?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2552143)   #19
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He doesn't seem to have a problem this season either.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2552175)   #20
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No, being cryptic is murphy's schtick but once it is decoded it is almost never wrong (the bear is sportscar focussed with a proven track record, so for him to even mention F1 means he must have something to go on)
Old 1 Oct 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2552206)   #21
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
No, being cryptic is murphy's schtick but once it is decoded it is almost never wrong (the bear is sportscar focussed with a proven track record, so for him to even mention F1 means he must have something to go on)
Actually, "the bear" has a pretty poor track record when it comes down to it. He's a big fan of "toss everything against the wall, something has to stick".
Old 1 Oct 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2552279)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Some people are astute and some people can write. Rarely are journalists both and often neither.