Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3869640)   #2026
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Gutted that Rob Collard will probably not do another season. A pure fighter behind the wheel. If it wasn't for his lack of qualifying form, I think he could have been a champion. Also I heard that Turkington always preferred a softer squashier car, whereas Collard preferred a harder, stiffer setup, which might account for some of Rob's lack of performance in NGTC because with the S2000 cars (much stiffer) he was a consistent front runner.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3869643)   #2027
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Gutted that Rob Collard will probably not do another season. A pure fighter behind the wheel. If it wasn't for his lack of qualifying form, I think he could have been a champion. Also I heard that Turkington always preferred a softer squashier car, whereas Collard preferred a harder, stiffer setup, which might account for some of Rob's lack of performance in NGTC because with the S2000 cars (much stiffer) he was a consistent front runner.
Makes sense, Collard had his most competitive NGTC seasons when Turkington was at BMR
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3869645)   #2028
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Knowing them & being able to tell people are 2 different things. That’s why you see people say who it’s not. Those in the know often have been told in confidence. Having been in that position myself (only once really) I can understand why they can’t say. I know it can come across as ‘I know something you don’t know’ but if they leak it I’m sure that’s the last info they’ll get.
Also remember, this is the Internet people claim to know all sorts of stuff
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3869646)   #2029
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Andrew Jordan ??
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
Is there anything linking Jordan to a drive at WSR next year, aside from being there in 2018?

Turkington has at least said that he is trying to get a deal together to be in a BMW with WSR again.....

At this stage, both AJ and CT seem equal possibility.

EDIT - found this from AJ 'Looking ahead to 2019, you always have to look around and see what’s out there. Of course I have to consider my sponsors and what’s best for them, but naturally the continuity with West Surrey would be a huge factor in deciding where I am for 2019, and if Colin returns then I’d love nothing more than to be alongside him again and try to beat him.'

So AJ has stated that he is in the BTCC for 2019, but confirms that he is considering options away from WSR.....

Last edited by crmalcolm; 12 Dec 2018 at 11:15. Reason: Update AJ quote
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3869647)   #2030
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
So who ISN’T it?
It's not me.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3869653)   #2031
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So who ISN’T it?
It's not Plato, Boardman, Hamilton, Shedden, Jackson or Epps.

And AmD has just announced RCIB and AutoAid as sponsors of its Hondas, with that press release confirming that it has signed two drivers. (The Audis are entered as Trade Price Cars racing, not AmD).
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3869654)   #2032
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
I'm quite surprised to see that Collard won't be back with WSR as I always got the impression it was him that was key to getting them manufacturer backing from BMW with Ricky being an official BMW driver, would be interesting to see Rob back in something front wheel drive I personally think he was always more competitive in front wheel drive than he has been in the BMWs

Still a lot of pieces to fall into place but it's turning out to be a pretty interesting off season with people ending up where you'd least expect it
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3869655)   #2033
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Rob isn’t back at BMW I’d have thought it’s more likely to be on medical grounds like at the end of last year, that’d also mean he won’t be with anyone else though.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3869665)   #2034
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So who ISN’T it?
I think we can start by eliminating Theresa May. 🤣
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3869666)   #2035
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think we can start by eliminating Theresa May. ��
She's using Tordoff's TBL to drive Jelley's car in Plato's team, running at rounds in Spa and Mondello Park.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3869669)   #2036
MotorsportMechanic86
Rookie

MotorsportMechanic86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Makes sense, Collard had his most competitive NGTC seasons when Turkington was at BMR
Rob will have his own setup for the car, hr won't be forced to run what Colin favours
Old 12 Dec 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3869672)   #2037
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
Rob will have his own setup for the car, hr won't be forced to run what Colin favours
True - but if the team is focussing on 'dialling in' a setup that is not matching your own style, then you will find it harder to get the best performance from the car.
In an ideal situation, all three WSR drivers would have the same style and preferences, so that the testing efforts would be maximised.

Collard 2016 - "Between me and my engineer we seem to have gone in the wrong direction yet again today and I’m questioning our sanity as to why we continue to go in the opposite direction to some of the other cars. We’ve gone down a different route on the car [to team-mates] and I’m not saying that’s the only reason why we’re not quick, because we should have been faster"

Last edited by crmalcolm; 12 Dec 2018 at 13:32. Reason: Collard quote
Old 12 Dec 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3869673)   #2038
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think we can start by eliminating Theresa May. 🤣
Why ?she will have time on her hands soon? I had tea and cakes organised for her today but she is now staying at home ...
Old 12 Dec 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3869678)   #2039
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
Collard 0 wins 1 podium
Turks 5 wins 5 podiums
Foster 0 wins 0 podiums

Collard 1 win 5 podiums
Turks 8 wins 10 podiums
Foster 0 wins 0 podiums

Collard 3 wins 4 podiums
Priaulx 2 wins 6 podiums
Tordoff 2 wins 3 podiums

Collard 2 wins 4 podiums
Goff 0 wins 2 podiums
Tordoff 2 wins 7 podiums

2017 (up to Silverstone)
Collard 1 win 6 podiums
Turks 3 wins 8 podiums
Jordan 3 wins 1 podium

2018 (Up to Snetterton)
Collard 1 win 0 podiums
Turks 1 win 5 podiums
Jordan 0 wins 3 podiums

so yes whilst he will have his own set up, his most competitive years have been when Turkington hasnt been in the team with him, maybe the direction the team took the car with Tordoff as the "lead" suited Robs style better than it is taken when Turkington is the clear number 1. Perhaps Rob isnt as good at setting the car up as others within the team and relies on trying others set ups out
Old 12 Dec 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3869680)   #2040
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
She'll just keeping asking race control to delay the start by unspecified lengthy time periods.

Then deliver a really boring speech to the media about how brilliant her dismal performance was and how everybody else is much worse.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3869681)   #2041
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
She'll just keeping asking race control to delay the start by unspecified lengthy time periods.

Then deliver a really boring speech to the media about how brilliant her dismal performance was and how everybody else is much worse.
As well as telling Louise Goodman that she's delivering the race the spectators asked for and telling them no race is better than a bad race
Old 12 Dec 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3869686)   #2042
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:

I've just realised Theresa May is Fernando Alonso! 🤪
Old 12 Dec 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3869693)   #2043
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Collard 0 wins 1 podium
Turks 5 wins 5 podiums
Foster 0 wins 0 podiums

Collard 1 win 5 podiums
Turks 8 wins 10 podiums
Foster 0 wins 0 podiums

Collard 3 wins 4 podiums
Priaulx 2 wins 6 podiums
Tordoff 2 wins 3 podiums

Collard 2 wins 4 podiums
Goff 0 wins 2 podiums
Tordoff 2 wins 7 podiums

2017 (up to Silverstone)
Collard 1 win 6 podiums
Turks 3 wins 8 podiums
Jordan 3 wins 1 podium

2018 (Up to Snetterton)
Collard 1 win 0 podiums
Turks 1 win 5 podiums
Jordan 0 wins 3 podiums

so yes whilst he will have his own set up, his most competitive years have been when Turkington hasnt been in the team with him, maybe the direction the team took the car with Tordoff as the "lead" suited Robs style better than it is taken when Turkington is the clear number 1. Perhaps Rob isnt as good at setting the car up as others within the team and relies on trying others set ups out
Or maybe Turkington is a red herring?
His best years in BTCC have been years he ran London marathon, so perhaps the marathon training contributed to a higher overall fitness level.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3869694)   #2044
sceptic
Veteran

Jake Hill press release this afternoon: he'll be racing a Lotus Elan in the Masters Historic Racing Series.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3869702)   #2045
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It's not Plato, Boardman, Hamilton, Shedden, Jackson or Epps.

And AmD has just announced RCIB and AutoAid as sponsors of its Hondas, with that press release confirming that it has signed two drivers. (The Audis are entered as Trade Price Cars racing, not AmD).
RCIB Insurance/AutoAid Breakdown Cover Racing with AmdTuning.com and Cobra Sport is a great team name. I'm looking forward to seeing their teamwear.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3869710)   #2046
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
RCIB Insurance/AutoAid Breakdown Cover Racing with AmdTuning.com and Cobra Sport is a great team name. I'm looking forward to seeing their teamwear.
The shirts will be wide enough to fit me
Old 12 Dec 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3869711)   #2047
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do hope the Audis get an upgrade, its was a really nicely prepped car in 2014, but its not changed. Every car with the exception of the new cars and the Audi and MG, they've all had aero updates, which must be fairly important otherwise they wouldn't bother. The Audi to me feels like its never unlocked its full potential, it certainly seems like the ideal platform to build from. Makes you wonder why teams who have built there own cars, go for hatches and bigger saloons, and no one has gone for a CLA, Mazda 3 saloon, or even a WRX or Lancer Evo.

Do we take the fact the Oliphant/WSR announcement had the BMW livery on the car as BMW UK staying? The Autosport article I read didn't mention Team BMW, just WSR. Teams are usually hot on it when it comes to not giving newly departed sponsors free exposure.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3869716)   #2048
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Didn’t see that coming. I mean, we knew he wasn’t at Ciceley but I didn’t expect WSR.
Must have a good budget.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3869721)   #2049
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I hope they are regularly at the front of the grid so Addison and Harvey have to mention the team name often.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3869722)   #2050
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
Do we take the fact the Oliphant/WSR announcement had the BMW livery on the car as BMW UK staying? The Autosport article I read didn't mention Team BMW, just WSR. Teams are usually hot on it when it comes to not giving newly departed sponsors free exposure.
No, definitely not in this case. The car is carrying Tom's racing number but last years livery/ sponsors. Mr Kwik Fit might not be thrilled by it as they haven't even added the new series sponsor stickers.

In my opinion changes are coming, but either are not firm or the public announcement is being held for an opportune moment.