Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Nov 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3861670)   #51
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More of the same,prefer them going to different tracks,not surprised the enduro legends not going to Brands,interesting to see the Historic F1 entry for the Classic when the GP only two weeks before.Imagine combining PA and Masters into one grid at SPA for example with CER and 60's Enduro (I'm only 16&#128513
Old 7 Nov 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3861681)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
French or not, there's nothing like an offense. But, just because you suggest a comment , I was wondering how to fill the grids at Paul Ricard, beginning of the season. Interesting to see.
PA will offer again Hungary. Do you know why places like Estoril or Jarama are set aside?
I’ve no idea why a Spanish or Italian race wasn’t included. Maybe not being able to secure a suitable date comes into it. Or they’re nervous about brexit! If you look at the mainland Europe events, I assume MHR have ‘bought into’ all of them. The two French events are HVM I believe, so will include their own race series? Having said that, I can’t see too many people from the UK wanting to rush down to Ricard at the end of March, especially with Peter Auto at Barcelona a week later.....

The opportunity to race at Mugello or Misano would be nice, or Estoril, or Jarama, or Jerez, or to go back to Imola! Will be interesting to see what the Iberian Historic Endurance calendar has next year......
Old 7 Nov 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3861682)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
More of the same,prefer them going to different tracks.Imagine combining PA and Masters into one grid at SPA for example with CER and 60's Enduro (I'm only 16)
I think hell will have frozen over before MHR and PA work together....
Old 7 Nov 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3861683)   #54
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think hell will have frozen over before MHR and PA work together....
Thats why I said 😁 recently remembered my password for the forum.Its been a hectic season and next seasons looking just as busy.Hope it goes well for all and that I ll be able to go to some more whilst also doing my course in engineering motorsport at college.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3861684)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Thats why I said 😁 recently remembered my password for the forum.Its been a hectic season and next seasons looking just as busy.Hope it goes well for all and that I ll be able to go to some more whilst also doing my course in engineering motorsport at college.
Good luck with your chosen career path and keep on posting- we need to get the average down....
Old 7 Nov 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3861708)   #56
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Masters are back at Donington
Old 7 Nov 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3861717)   #57
Willmaz223
Veteran

Cheers for that👍
Old 8 Nov 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3861747)   #58
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Or they’re nervous about brexit!
The two French events are HVM I believe, so will include their own race series?
Will be interesting to see what the Iberian Historic Endurance calendar has next year......
Nervous, Mike, sure they are. Much more than you might think Hence the presence at NEC and London, hence the warmer welcome to their clients this year you noticed yourself.
In fact, HVM calendar shows two kinds of events, Motors Cup are internationally oriented (GB, of course!) and Historic Tour is more dedicated to french championship. Sometimes Historic tour hosted a foreign grid (Alan Morgan for example). There is no clash between MC and HT.
Yes, the Iberian are interesting, relaxed ambiance and nice tracks.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3861749)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Masters June 8/9th Donington return includes a 3hr race for ‘cars eligible for the Spa 6hrs’.

The Spa 3hrs is due to take place at the Summer Classic a week or two later (based on previously year’s dates), so I’m wondering how popular the Donington race will be....... Plus it clashes with the GP de l’Age d’Or at Dijon, which is usually very well supported! (And where I’ll be )
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3861777)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm hoping the Spa 3hrs will be at the end of June, since I'll be at Le Mans the middle weekend.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3861858)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm hoping the Spa 3hrs will be at the end of June, since I'll be at Le Mans the middle weekend.
It is indeed the last weekend- Vincent has put the date on the Summer Classic website- http://spasummerclassic.com

Old 9 Nov 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3861915)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes that must have gone up yesterday. I looked the day before but it wasn't there.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3861916)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes that must have gone up yesterday. I looked the day before but it wasn't there.
You must have blinked, Peter....
Old 9 Nov 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3862001)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Castle Combe Autumn Classic will be on Saturday October 5th in 2019.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3862015)   #65
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Castle Combe Autumn Classic will be on Saturday October 5th in 2019.
That used to be cracking weekend before they split their own finals day away from the autumn classic. It made the weekend trip to CC worthwhile but I'm afraid it's lost some of it's appeal now with the 2 events separated.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3862024)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
That used to be cracking weekend before they split their own finals day away from the autumn classic. It made the weekend trip to CC worthwhile but I'm afraid it's lost some of it's appeal now with the 2 events separated.
I can see your point. Although there are those who are ‘local’ to Combe, it is a long haul for others- whether racing or spectating! I guess GTSCC will be supporting the Classic again next year, but it’s not my favourite...
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3862032)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I loved the weekend . Hope we can go again next year . Also hope it’s not raining . 😀
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3862033)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mike . Laurani dates on FJ web site .
Old 9 Nov 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3862041)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
‘Thruxton Celebration’ is set for June 1st-2nd and will feature Motor Racing Legends grids and Formula Juniors, at least. Expect others will follow....

http://www.barc.net/news/2060/thruxton-revs-up-for-2019

Iain, thanks. I’ve had the email from Sarah. I’ll split into Lurani and other European events-

LURANI-

April 26-28 Hockenheim

June 07-09 Dijon (Peter Auto l’Age d’Or)

June 28-30 Most

August 09-11 Nurburgring (Oldtimer)

September 06-08 Zandvoort

October 11-13 Estoril

NON CHAMPIONSHIP-

May 25-26 Pau Historique

June 14-16 Karlskoga

August 04-05 Copenhagen

November 01-03 Portimao

Observations-
Most clashes with Spa Summer Classic.
If the date is correct, Portimao is a week later than had been suggested when there last month.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3862058)   #70
Willmaz223
Veteran

The Croft Calendar announced,the Nostalgia meet is the same early August date,just waiting for the bigger events to be announced eg International and Superprix.Just a side note today at college had to do a Racing Company task,did mine on Historic Racing (of course) and it was rather interesting.Hoping to work experiemce at Crosthwaite and Gardner.My tutor recommended it.Sorry for the long article😁.Edit -Not long compared to some of the marathons I see on here.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3862060)   #71
Willmaz223
Veteran

Forgot to mention I gather that there is a F2 race at the Silverstone Classic next year which could involve F5000 hasnt featured for 3 or 4 years.Looking forward to next year quite a lot as you can probably tell by the influx of posts by myself after recovering from recent karting adventures
Old 9 Nov 2018, 23:15 (Ref:3862073)   #72
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ha ha Will very pleased you are looking forward to next year . I’ve got a head ache all ready . Off topic and sorry but I pulled my Toyota engine apart today just for winter check over and I’ve got a cracked liner . Grrrrrrr
Old 10 Nov 2018, 06:33 (Ref:3862101)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
According to the FJHRA there are no Formula Junior races at the Silverstone Classic in 2019, so that leaves a gap for other open wheelers. F5000s would be good, and HSCC also have a strong F2 grid....
Old 10 Nov 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3862105)   #74
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
‘Thruxton Celebration’ is set for June 1st-2nd and will feature Motor Racing Legends grids and Formula Juniors, at least. Expect others will follow....

http://www.barc.net/news/2060/thruxton-revs-up-for-2019

Iain, thanks. I’ve had the email from Sarah. I’ll split into Lurani and other European events-

LURANI-

April 26-28 Hockenheim

June 07-09 Dijon (Peter Auto l’Age d’Or)

June 28-30 Most

August 09-11 Nurburgring (Oldtimer)

September 06-08 Zandvoort

October 11-13 Estoril

NON CHAMPIONSHIP-

May 25-26 Pau Historique

June 14-16 Karlskoga

August 04-05 Copenhagen

November 01-03 Portimao

Observations-
Most clashes with Spa Summer Classic.
If the date is correct, Portimao is a week later than had been suggested when there last month.
So that's Masters at Brands, Thruxton Celebration and Masters at Donington on three consecutive weekends. Killing, goose, golden are words that come to mind.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3862113)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Classic F3 will have a grid at the Classic.