Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2968511)   #226
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Helmet cam onboards from Tommy Milner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWqpiV3wCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1XjDCWAiMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNjFvfMvC4

You can see the rear view mirror LCD pretty well that was talked about in the R18 thread...
Old 10 Oct 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2968816)   #227
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Helmet cam onboards from Tommy Milner:

You can see the rear view mirror LCD pretty well that was talked about in the R18 thread...
I have to say, after playing Shift 2 Unleashed, I'm very impressed with how Slightly Mad Studios captured the interior and noise. The car in the game was a GT1, vs. the GT2/GTE here, but it's still very close. The gauges/displays were all functional, the rear-view LCD was there, and the V8 growl was in full force.

On the subject of ALMS, here's the official season recap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2PM...&feature=feedu
Old 11 Oct 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2969421)   #228
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q547mgSI_UE

If you had a little bit Time . 8 Rounds in the Getrag Z4 V8 Coupe , VLN Championship 21.7. 2008 .
Old 11 Oct 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2969444)   #229
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AudiSport - Sepang 12 Hour recap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPENvXVoQDY

Perhaps not the absolute epitome of cool.
Worth watching if you have a spare thirty minutes, though - the only vision from the event I've seen.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2969534)   #230
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So much stuff getting put on youtube all the time. Currently watching Sebring from 1997. Check out the uploader who deserves a medal for the amount of racing he has put online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSSk2...eature=related
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2969853)   #231
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He (like majority of the others) is mostly just re-uploading the same stuff from RU/RFM, can't say it's that big of an accomplishment.

Quote:
[I]Helmet cam onboards from Tommy Milner:

Marvelous stuff... really makes me miss the proper gear changes with stick thou, paddle shift just isn't the same.

LCD screen is definitely bigger than on the GT1.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2969935)   #232
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
really makes me miss the proper gear changes with stick thou, paddle shift just isn't the same.
+1 There's something instinctive and deeply natural in pulling to change up and pushing to change down. Watching them changing gears with paddles makes me think of console games.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2969975)   #233
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I'm onboard fanatic and I think sequential stick vs. paddles doesn't make a big difference. H-gate would be I would call "proper" gear shifting.

I would rather whine about traction control.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2969979)   #234
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I would rather whine about traction control.
Go and watch FIA GT1 then (while you stil can), they don't have TC like GT2s... or ABS for that matter
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2969982)   #235
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I know. Super GT has never (?) had them either. GT1 and even more clearly F1 proved how big difference it makes, altough might not make so huge difference in endurance comfort zone mode, but still the knowledge that in theory the driver can slam the throttle and, depending on the settings, let the computer do the throttle control...

Just think about Le Mans, monsoon weather and the amount of cars DNFing... I think that's the reason why ACO is not going to follow SRO. And in LMP1 - standard ECU are out of the question and soon electric motors enable all kinds of trickery anyway.

At least ABS is forbidden in all ACO racing.

Last edited by deggis; 12 Oct 2011 at 16:12.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2969984)   #236
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Imagine diesel LMP1s with no TC under heavy rain. LOL.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2969986)   #237
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
At least ABS is forbidden in all ACO racing.
For now...

I don't really mind traction control to be honest, yes it's a luxury but since road cars have them too it's just relevant. Also I don't think the lack-of-TC has made that much of a difference in F1 and GT1...
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2969987)   #238
kodosbeta
Rookie

kodosbeta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out this user. He has uploaded FULL race videos of various alms races and others inclding this year's sebring 12h. http://www.youtube.com/user/loadedheat#p/u
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2969997)   #239
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Road car TCs are a bit different and I don't think there's much more to discover on the racing side.

I have not watched GT1 reguarly but I'm sure opposite lock moments have become more frequent. In F1 after the ban onboards became much more exciting to watch. Same fast drivers are still fast and the small corrections are usually not visible in tv feed (excluding replays) so in that kind of way it hasn't made a difference.

Last edited by deggis; 12 Oct 2011 at 16:37.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2970206)   #240
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lap at Road Atlanta with Chris McMurry in the Autocon Lola

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2ZglLFSYU
Old 13 Oct 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2970435)   #241
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Go and watch FIA GT1 then (while you stil can), they don't have TC like GT2s... or ABS for that matter
Until the 2009 fia gt1 cars had the TCS, then the abs is really useless and uncompetitive for skilled and expert drivers... in gt3 cars there are electronic helps because "in theory" should be cars for pro-am drivers (but we know that is not like this anymore). Think about too, that some lmp1 in 2009 had the tcs (lola aston for sure) and also the diesel prototypes have a sort of "hidden" tcs! these cars don't have a software that controls the power supplied to the tires but in their engine maps have a torque control that cuts off power automaticly if the torque erogation runs over a set range in low-middle RPMs.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2970532)   #242
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
I'm pretty sure every LMP1/2 car has proper TC. In petrols it's quite audible too. I've heard diesels can't cut off individual cylinders like petrols so their TCS is considered less sophisticated, not as quick.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2970548)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's just remember this is a video thread not a traction control discussion thread - start one if you want, by all means.......
Old 13 Oct 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2970551)   #244
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Let's just remember this is a video thread not a traction control discussion thread - start one if you want, by all means.......
In that case, this needs to be posted here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm wondering if the guy who shot this one has got his hearing back yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtUEP...eature=related
Old 13 Oct 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2970582)   #245
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atM0J0BLFpg

Short but amazing super slow-motion shot after 11:10. (Free tip to ACO... altough I don't know how cheap this is to do in live broadcast, even F1 doesn't do it regularly.)

ps. If you plan to watch that whole video, which is kinda nicely done, there's a part where you can hear radio conversation between the race engineer and Ullrich just after Rockenfeller's crash.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2970596)   #246
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, posted before, somewhere in the sub-forum mate. It's a great little video. I still sit open-mouthed at Simmi's 'Audi jump'........

Quote:
ps. If you plan to watch that whole video, which is kinda nicely done, there's a part where you can hear radio conversation between the race engineer and Ullrich just after Rockenfeller's crash.
I could be wrong, but I think the conversation is between the engineer and Andre Lotterer in #2.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Oct 2011 at 17:20.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2970624)   #247
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Of course, I watched the video earlier and apparently forgot (but when he says "who is it" it sounds a bit like Ullrich ).
Old 13 Oct 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2970650)   #248
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a very quick clip of one of the better sounding Sauber Mercedes of Group C fame. I saw this car at the 1992 Silverstone race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFADi-EjYo
However, BRM V16/Mclaren F1GTR up there as well
Old 13 Oct 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2970664)   #249
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 'Bean' Broadbent View Post
Just a very quick clip of one of the better sounding Sauber Mercedes of Group C fame. I saw this car at the 1992 Silverstone race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFADi-EjYo
Also checkout this user's other videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...dKiSVHSA#t=30s
Old 15 Oct 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2971651)   #250
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And does anyone still want a full field of diesels after listening to those........?