Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 17 Aug 2001, 02:03 (Ref:131505)   #26
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well.....sometimes the forum seems to be a bit slow when loading but I think that I would blame it on heavy congestion at my ISP and not really on the 10 tenths server.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 02:35 (Ref:131508)   #27
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First of all improve the bloody quality of the e-mail notifications!!!
alo touringlegend,

sharky has just replied to a thread yous as subscribed to entitled - wot would yous improve about 10-10ths??? - in da questions/suggestions/feedbak forum hof 10 tenths motorsport forum network.

this thread iz located at:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...3&goto=newpost

there may be uva replies also, but yous iz gonna not receive any more notifications until yous visit da board again.

yours,
10 tenths motorsport forum network team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
unsubscripshun information:

to unsubscribe from dis thread, please visit dis page:
http://tentenths.com/forum/member2.p...threadid=12903

to unsubscribe from all threads, please visit dis page:
http://tentenths.com/forum/member2.p...type=allthread
is it coz i is black?
Old 17 Aug 2001, 09:05 (Ref:131573)   #28
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there should maybe be a limit to the number of topics you can start per forum per day. It's not usually a problem but occasionally someone comes along usually to the Formula 1 forum and starts about 15 new threads in 10 minutes so all the interesting topics disappear off the page.

Your clocks an hour fast at the moment by the way.

Last edited by Ed-f1; 17 Aug 2001 at 09:07.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 09:15 (Ref:131577)   #29
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The idea of that's good, but sometimes I've found myself with muliple browser windows open replying to different topics, but the board does not allow me to do two within 30 seconds.

Times gine here in Britain. Check your profile, then edit.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 10:40 (Ref:131610)   #30
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The time set in my profile was on GMT + 1hr but seeing as we are on British Summer Time at the moment I thought that was correct. After changing the time to GMT it displays the correct time now although I would argue that this is not GMT. I'm sure the time was correct yesterday and I hadn't changed my profile in the meantime :confused:
Old 17 Aug 2001, 16:41 (Ref:131772)   #31
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sometimes I have had a problem with loading the reply page but usually it is quite quick..

i want to acho hans.ca sentiments..the attachment feature is quite annoying..is there any way that you can make it so a bigger picture is accepted???

if you do a straight image link from a website the picture can be a big one ..but if you upload one from your computer there is a limit to the size.

Why is this ???

it can be very annoying at times..and i have no idea on how to shrink a picture so that it fits ..and then it may take away elements that you were trying to point out.

thats about it
Old 18 Aug 2001, 00:00 (Ref:131995)   #32
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they didn't have a limit on image size, can you imagine how much webspace it would use up on this server?

I'd suggest get a free program called Irfan View- you simply crop or shrink your image, save it, attach it, then delete it off your hard drive. Easy
Old 19 Aug 2001, 14:49 (Ref:132478)   #33
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Hungary and other similar boring races, we really do need a "bored" smilie.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 14:51 (Ref:132480)   #34
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the "Thanks for posting" message really slows you down when you want to get to 500 posts quickly . Couldn't it be put in a popup window or something while the main forum loads?
Old 21 Aug 2001, 07:54 (Ref:133573)   #35
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have only two areas at 10/10ths that I feel could be improved. Remove the 'Touring Car' forum link, and just display the BTCC & European series, and the Australian etc Forums on the main screen. Also, divide the Gravel Trap into two seperate forums. One for Motorsport/Motoring related items, and the other for anything else.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 16:09 (Ref:133737)   #36
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I would like that to be done as well Andy, display the BTCC Forum link and Aussie forum link on the Main Forum page. It's sometimes a real nuisance. Though I did think I saw somebody say that is on its way.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 17:13 (Ref:133749)   #37
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sometimes get a "server not found" message, and sometimes the pages don't load, but if I hit "Reload" in Netscape or "Refresh" in Explorer the ten-tenths page always loads at that point.

I too would like to be able to put a picture in my user profile, but it's impossible since I've never gotten it together enough to create a website for myself. I have an ftp server at work, but not a website. Since we're allowed to attach 400x400 images in our posts, I'd like that option in the profiles. (The pictures could even be a little smaller than that if necessary.)

For those who need image editing software, on the Mac side the best cheap software is Graphic Converter from Lemke Software in Germany. It will convert anything to whatever you want quickly and easily, with total flexibility. For normal people who don't need or want the complexity of Photoshop, Graphic Converter is a dream.

http://www.lemkesoft.de
http://www.lemkesoft.com
http://www.graphicconverter.net
Old 21 Aug 2001, 18:41 (Ref:133805)   #38
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by eatapc
I sometimes get a "server not found" message, and sometimes the pages don't load
So do I, come to think of it. When I get the "server not found" message, I always hit the back button and try again. Thanks for the tip on "reload". When the pages don't load, I simply hit "stop" and try again.

Note: In my case anyway, this is something that doesn't happen often enough for it to be a problem.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 18:35 (Ref:134385)   #39
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Rather than cluttering up the forum menu with more forums, I think perhaps the best solution would be to add a link to the two sub forums in the descriptive text beneath the forum title. This is something I meant to do when I was in charge but never got around to... Michael, is that possible ?
Old 22 Aug 2001, 19:33 (Ref:134430)   #40
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
That option sounds good Craig.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 13:55 (Ref:134853)   #41
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Rather than cluttering up the forum menu with more forums, I think perhaps the best solution would be to add a link to the two sub forums in the descriptive text beneath the forum title. This is something I meant to do when I was in charge but never got around to... Michael, is that possible ?
Well we'll have to see about that
Old 25 Aug 2001, 16:06 (Ref:135752)   #42
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All done. Enjoy...
Old 25 Aug 2001, 16:21 (Ref:135756)   #43
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
lovely jubbly MichaelC.
Cheers
Old 25 Aug 2001, 20:49 (Ref:135821)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ed-f1
I think there should maybe be a limit to the number of topics you can start per forum per day. It's not usually a problem but occasionally someone comes along usually to the Formula 1 forum and starts about 15 new threads in 10 minutes so all the interesting topics disappear off the page.
That's a good idea - I agree with that. On the occasions when we get complete idiots joining, they come into the F1 forum and post loads of new threads (and usually they're all rubbish) which sparks off complaints and disagreements, plus it means - as you said - that the interesting topics get pushed right down.
Old 26 Aug 2001, 22:56 (Ref:136207)   #45
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Or maybe they just have a lot to say... like Liz. Okay, i've changed my mind...
Old 27 Aug 2001, 09:50 (Ref:136351)   #46
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My main gripe at the moment is this:

Since I read a lot of the forums, rather than having to keep going back to the index page and remembering where I'm up to, I open every forum with new posts in a new window. Some of the time this works fine, but other times as soon as the new window opens it seems to lose / corrupt my cookies and opens the page with no new posts showing. Does this happen to anyone else, and does anyone have any ideas on what to do to solve it?
Old 1 Sep 2001, 04:22 (Ref:139448)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
First of all this is a wonderful place to visit..thank you for it..My idea is
a Formula1 chat type room..is it possible??

Regards....Jeremy
Old 1 Sep 2001, 05:35 (Ref:139458)   #48
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
My main gripe at the moment is this:

Since I read a lot of the forums, rather than having to keep going back to the index page and remembering where I'm up to, I open every forum with new posts in a new window. Some of the time this works fine, but other times as soon as the new window opens it seems to lose / corrupt my cookies and opens the page with no new posts showing. Does this happen to anyone else, and does anyone have any ideas on what to do to solve it?
Simple... at the top of the forum list is a little dialogue "View New Posts"

Click on that and it brings up everything that's been posted since you were last on...
Old 1 Sep 2001, 21:10 (Ref:139803)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell

Simple... at the top of the forum list is a little dialogue "View New Posts"

Click on that and it brings up everything that's been posted since you were last on...
Exactly, I use it, and that's a lot easier...
Old 4 Sep 2001, 12:31 (Ref:141114)   #50
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the place, it is great.

There is just a few small problems, well mainly one in particular at the moment, seeing as liz has informed us that one member has been removed. i think there is a groundswell of support amongst the forum for a certian member to be removed.
We have all put up with his aggresive garbage for long enough. I think people like this should be removed sooner rather then latter. We can all see the trend that they are going to take and it starts to wear pretty thin. It just wastes space on the forum, and turns me off going into certian sections as i cant be bothered wadding through all the **** to get to the real stuff.

Well thats my rant for the time being. Keep up the good work