Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1108691)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thank you Mr Vasi!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1108692)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
The most important thing is that the mods do what is an unenviable task very well - and they assuredly do.
K-B stop waving that flag its getting obvious!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1108693)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So R, is it better being a mod or being a man free of mod shackles?
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1108697)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You may never know Knowlesey. In fact..............................
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1108700)   #30
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We won't tell, will we? Let him wonder.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1108702)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'll just have to wait for the call will I?

*200 hundred years later......*

Last edited by Knowlesy; 27 Sep 2004 at 19:14.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1108705)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
nah more like 2000 !!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1108803)   #33
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by R
We won't tell, will we? Let him wonder.
Is that wonder or wander? Or is he just wandering in wonder? :confused:

I think Woolley's closest so far. The desire to become a mod automatically bars you from being one. So there.

Last edited by garcon; 27 Sep 2004 at 20:37.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 00:23 (Ref:1108971)   #34
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
If I was in that pub then my vote would go for oily oaf
.. and that would be why we dont do it

To be serious for a second. More often than not, a group of names are put forward by the staff, and then discussed. Eventually one (or more) names becomes the desired choice. Some are really smart though and say no. Then we go onto the next one. IIRC, 2113 people said no before they finally got me.

Be careful what you wish for is all I can say.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:58 (Ref:1109292)   #35
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is demoralising...

i mean atleast 10000 members mustve refused before garcon was selected for the f1 job... and i wasnt even in the top 10000

Last edited by ralf fan; 28 Sep 2004 at 13:00.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1109433)   #36
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
You should see the list of knockbacks between R and yourself for the perdictions comp
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1109473)   #37
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1109550)   #38
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203

im depressed and instead of encouraging me... you guys punch me on the face.... real nicce....
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1109559)   #39
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's character building...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1109578)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No its not! Its fun!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1109644)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

*snears*

It is indeed.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1112417)   #42
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
What are you laughing at.... you werent amongst th 10000 offered the job as well!!!
Old 1 Oct 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1112447)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I wasn't.

People think too highly of me to contemplate such a punishment, obviously!
Old 1 Oct 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1112452)   #44
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, its a tough decision to make and we have many people in mind for future positions should they become available.

It is tough being a mod and you do have to weigh your words more carefully. We are ofter targets of attacks and cannot respond as we would often like. I was F1 mod through three seasons and frankly, it wore it me out. I do not think it would be unreasonable to suggest that other mods have felt the same way. A lot of the pleasure I first felt when I joined this board and became a part of this community was quickly dissipated. However, I am glad for the contribution I have been able to make here and I have been happy to have helped despite the cost.

Perhaps a word of warning: be careful what you wish for....
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:01 (Ref:1112507)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I personally have a particular position for you knowlesy but they won't let me have the rope.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:17 (Ref:1112526)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well let me have the rope. I'll do it to myself personally!
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:31 (Ref:1112548)   #47
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
I think we've given you plenty of rope already yound man...
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1112549)   #48
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
And, no, I have no idea what yound means...
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1112552)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Am I really so bad?
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1112578)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I propose knowlesy for the new role as "Head of paperclips"