Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1505205)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Belgium GP 2006 is off - An opportunity?

It seems the Belgian GP is not likely to happen.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=107686

So what shall we do then?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1505208)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
2 6 hour historic meetings please :clap:
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1505209)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the above link
According to reports breaking this morning in the Belgian press, the Belgian Grand Prix will not take place this year. The former minister of economy, Serge Kubla is reported as saying he has received confirmation the race is off from Bernie Ecclestone's people. The negotiations between Ecclestone and the group of Walloon organizers are still going on. Top of the demand list is improving and extending the paddock area. According to Kubla, there is not enough time to build a new paddock ahead of this summer's race and that is the main reason the Grand Prix will not be held.

Kubla thinks the government reacted too late. "They left the it until the last moment. They made things worse and started negotiations for a new contract, while that was not the main problem."

Kubla also said the government should start working now, to make sure the Belgian Grand Prix is back on the calendar in 2007

what exactlys wrong with the paddock ? F1's all wrong these days !
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1505210)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You need to see a doctor about that clap.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1505214)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I know cratch: scratch:
Old 20 Jan 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1505353)   #6
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
um, it's not off yet. The FIA have not confirmed anything, it's just rumour from one politician....
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1505378)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And your point is?
Old 21 Jan 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1505729)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Bring the 6hour meeting forward by 2 weeks
Old 21 Jan 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1505813)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Bring the 6hour meeting forward by 2 weeks
Good idea, then I could attend the 6H meeting, as it stands now I've to give it a miss again.

To me any car older than 25 years qualifies as a Historic car.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 10:25 (Ref:1512577)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
bringing Spa 6 hour forward is a good idea . . . .it starts getting cold there later in the year !