Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4034965)   #16
WyldStallion
Racer

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
GT Open previously allowed GTE, and barely any ran in the final year of running GTE.

As my post above says, we have the same number of announced entries this time of year as we did last year.

People freak out every year at grid numbers being low 2-3 months before the season starts.

You have to wait for teams to announce their entries in line with their sponsorship obligations and driver signings.

Grid count in early February is absolutely zero reflection on how many cars will be on track at the start of the season. That applies for every series. GTWC Europe have barely announced any cars yet, doesn’t mean they will struggle for grid count
You are right about the timing. Cars will come in right before it starts. However, if GT Open wants to distinguish themselves from SRO and ADAC, then they should allow GTE cars to run. In early 2010's that was the reason why the series got my attention. I wanted to see GTE and GT3 cars on the same track at the same time and compare them. IMSA has that but they BoP the GTD class down intentionally I think. Plus they have the tire difference between GTLM and GTD....won't be an issue after this year of course :-)
Old 13 Feb 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4034985)   #17
Wilter Will
Rookie

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
You are right about the timing. Cars will come in right before it starts. However, if GT Open wants to distinguish themselves from SRO and ADAC, then they should allow GTE cars to run. In early 2010's that was the reason why the series got my attention. I wanted to see GTE and GT3 cars on the same track at the same time and compare them. IMSA has that but they BoP the GTD class down intentionally I think. Plus they have the tire difference between GTLM and GTD....won't be an issue after this year of course :-)
That's it. That's what I meant: the fact that cars from different classes compete together is very interesting. Unfortunately, times have changed
Old 26 Feb 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4037066)   #18
Wilter Will
Rookie

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSR returns with two-car program
#63 - Michele Beretta and Frederik Schandorff
#19 - Baptiste Moulin and TBC
Old 4 Mar 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4038576)   #19
Wilter Will
Rookie

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
It seems, Teo Martin Motorsport plans to compete in GTWC as well as GT Open. There will be two intersections in the calendars.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4038623)   #20
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
It seems, Teo Martin Motorsport plans to compete in GTWC as well as GT Open. There will be two intersections in the calendars.
Looks like Gt Open clashes with 2x Sprint rounds of GTWC currently, so means they can run Endurance without clashes.

That is of course if the current calendars remaining the same.

Interestingly the other big Mclaren team- Optimum are also planning on running GTWC and GT Open
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4039061)   #21
Wilter Will
Rookie

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
I came across the account of the Swiss racing driver Francois Grimm on Instagram. He is testing a Lamborrghini Gallardo R-EX GT3 by Reiter Engineering. The profile description says "2021 GT Open", and there is also a photo of a racing jumpsuit and a future livery with GT Open stickers. According to Drivers DB, Grimm competed in the Ultimate Cup Series in 2019, as well as in the Swiss Porsche Cups.
The full-season single Am campaign is finally confirmed. And here we have upgraded Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 R-EX developed by Reiter Engineering, which reinforced N/A V10 engine, improved exhaust, wing and diffuser. Also, body got wider (+13 cm) and aluminium panels were replaced by carbon-fibre.