Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4048383)   #301
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Good news to see T3 with Lambo. Even better as they receive factory support from Lamborghini. Is it definite that they're fielding one car only?
I think yes, since they do GT Master too isn't?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4048391)   #302
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They only own one Huracan GT3
Old 29 Apr 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4048424)   #303
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, yes, now I see it's confirmed. Of course would be better to have at least two Lambos but another car and another team on the grid is a good thing. I'm curious how the young bloke will fare.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4048556)   #304
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
They only own one Huracan GT3
More Huracan on the way to dresden. They have bought three cars.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4048678)   #305
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abt revealed their liveries - some nice sponsors on cars, apart from Schaeffler, there's Sonax on Rocky's and Fujitsu on Kelvin's car.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4054693)   #306
Matt K
Veteran

It looks like T3 Motorsport entry is expanding - Esmee Hawkey is said to race in a second Lambo alongside Esteban Muth. She would be a second female driver on the grid.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4056326)   #307
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTM 2021 starts this coming weekend. No formal entry list yet but looks like we will see 18 cars, unless we have entries under the radar (2 Seas still havent confirmed their plans with their 2 AMG's).

18 is certainly fairly disappointing, I think they are just going to go out and prove they can trump the more established GT3 series for full pro racing.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4056339)   #308
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s a decent number for the first season under new rules, but they need to make sure they break the 20 barrier come next year
Old 14 Jun 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4056341)   #309
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s a decent number for the first season under new rules, but they need to make sure they break the 20 barrier come next year
Will be my first time viewing DTM..if possible...two big questions I have 1. is it going to be on youtube for global viewing 2. is there a spotter guide. Kind of like what IMSA, WEC, and NRing 24 have. I guess we'll know this by the weekend of June 20.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4056343)   #310
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Will be my first time viewing DTM..if possible...two big questions I have 1. is it going to be on youtube for global viewing 2. is there a spotter guide. Kind of like what IMSA, WEC, and NRing 24 have. I guess we'll know this by the weekend of June 20.
Pretty TBC to both questions.

The last few years the DTM hasnt been on Youtube due to TV rights.

And spotters guides, well maybe
Old 14 Jun 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4056372)   #311
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
after mercedes left, the series was clearly in decline despite AMR and the new class-1 specs, well it actually was already in decline since all three manufacturers went from 8 to 6 cars. Anyway I'm interested only too see how fast will be these less restricted/more powerful gt3
Old 15 Jun 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4056581)   #312
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
DTM 2021 starts this coming weekend. No formal entry list yet but looks like we will see 18 cars, unless we have entries under the radar (2 Seas still havent confirmed their plans with their 2 AMG's).

18 is certainly fairly disappointing, I think they are just going to go out and prove they can trump the more established GT3 series for full pro racing.
It's actually 19 with a recent addition of Esmee Hawkey. Nevertheless, a bit disappointing to me. I hoped for at least 22 cars.
One a more positive note, most of the grid are well established drivers so the quantity may not be the strongest point but the quality definitely is. I look forward to seeing GT3 cars in a 'touring car' format. Will be interesting, that's for sure.

As for streams - DTM Grid on dtm.com is a place to watch races unless there is a TV rights holder in your countries. There are some countries that have both tv and DTM Grid if I'm not wrong, however, I didn't watch DTM last year so maybe I'm wrong. I definitely want to watch it this year as 2020 was quite an exception in many years.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4056595)   #313
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
It's actually 19 with a recent addition of Esmee Hawkey. Nevertheless, a bit disappointing to me. I hoped for at least 22 cars.
One a more positive note, most of the grid are well established drivers so the quantity may not be the strongest point but the quality definitely is. I look forward to seeing GT3 cars in a 'touring car' format. Will be interesting, that's for sure.

As for streams - DTM Grid on dtm.com is a place to watch races unless there is a TV rights holder in your countries. There are some countries that have both tv and DTM Grid if I'm not wrong, however, I didn't watch DTM last year so maybe I'm wrong. I definitely want to watch it this year as 2020 was quite an exception in many years.
I found DTM Grid. Thank you. Looks like they got a cool preview show on there already. Plenty of shots of Sophia doing pull ups..ha ha. Biggest hole on grid is that we have no Porsche.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4056726)   #314
Matt K
Veteran

You're welcome! yes, there are quite a lot of things already. Last year's races as well if I'm not wrong.
Yes, quite a shame about lack of Porsche. Who knows, maybe in the future...
Old 19 Jun 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4057140)   #315
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First race has just finished, it was ok. Kinda like every other GT Sprint series.

Cars seem fairly balanced, despite Mercedes dominating testing & qualifying they fail to win after a great strategy by AF Corse.

I like the opportunity for different strategies, i like the pitstop rules (1 gun, 2 mechanics on each side) and i like that the series doesn't use tyre warmers.

Impressed with Liam Lawson, Esmee Hawkey and Esteban Muth.

Only bad points for me were the BMWs seemed to struggle, the difference between teams in the pit stop times is quite high, the tyres dont seem to degrade much and once everything settles down on track its pretty unappealing. I mean this weekend you have GT Open, GTWC & DTM, after a while even GT3 cars can become quite stale.

All in all solid racing.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4057177)   #316
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really boring race to me, made a bit interesting only because of different pit stop strategies, but I almost fell asleep after 10 minutes...
I don't understand... wasn't race length shortened to 50 minutes to prevent cars going out of fuel? I thought DTM race directors decided this because dtm-gt3 cars were going to be more powerful than usual FIA/SRO bopped gt3, as rumored during hockenheim test days, but at the end Q times and race pace was basically the same of gt-open cars that can run >60m at monza and use michelin as well.
Are DTM race directors aware that gt3 cars have 120-130L fuel tanks?
Old 19 Jun 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4057185)   #317
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
really boring race to me, made a bit interesting only because of different pit stop strategies, but I almost fell asleep after 10 minutes...
I don't understand... wasn't race length shortened to 50 minutes to prevent cars going out of fuel? I thought DTM race directors decided this because dtm-gt3 cars were going to be more powerful than usual FIA/SRO bopped gt3, as rumored during hockenheim test days, but at the end Q times and race pace was basically the same of gt-open cars that can run >60m at monza and use michelin as well.
Are DTM race directors aware that gt3 cars have 120-130L fuel tanks?
Yeah but the GT Open cars refuel during the pit stop.

Personally i dont know why DTM didnt do that too. GT Open refuel with the traditional 25l quick fill "fuel churns" that teams use all the time.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4057191)   #318
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

Personally i dont know why DTM didnt do that too. GT Open refuel with the traditional 25l quick fill "fuel churns" that teams use all the time.
Cost saving, I guess?
Old 19 Jun 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4057207)   #319
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I be totally honest? The arrogance of DTM is staggering. I liked the DTM cars, but they were ridiculously expensive and DTM seemed to think it'd be fine, even with teams and manufacturers leaving.

I hoped that the move to GT3 would humble the series a bit, and make it regroup. But then they talked about modified GT3s (yeah, because we didn't learn anything from the cost issues), and the presentation of the Monza race was pretty bad. Talking about all these new teams, calling Abril a rookie, and declaring itself "the best GT3 series in the world" - it isn't even the best in Europe.

It was a generic GT3 race. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with it. But a bit of perspective would help. DTMs attitude has created the situation it's in, and it doesn't appear to have learnt much from what should be a humbling experience.

Hoping the series attitude improves. I miss DTM.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4057208)   #320
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Because fuel cans are low tech?
Old 19 Jun 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4057222)   #321
canaglia
Veteran

I admit I don't follow from years gt-open races, I didn't know they introduced refueling. How long gt3 cars of GTW/BES/whateveriscallednow stay on track during a monza 3H stint?
as far I remember during spa 24H, gt3 refuel after about 60-65m. Spa and monza have similiar fast average speed.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4057223)   #322
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Can I be totally honest? The arrogance of DTM is staggering. I liked the DTM cars, but they were ridiculously expensive and DTM seemed to think it'd be fine, even with teams and manufacturers leaving.

I hoped that the move to GT3 would humble the series a bit, and make it regroup. But then they talked about modified GT3s (yeah, because we didn't learn anything from the cost issues), and the presentation of the Monza race was pretty bad. Talking about all these new teams, calling Abril a rookie, and declaring itself "the best GT3 series in the world" - it isn't even the best in Europe.

It was a generic GT3 race. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with it. But a bit of perspective would help. DTMs attitude has created the situation it's in, and it doesn't appear to have learnt much from what should be a humbling experience.

Hoping the series attitude improves. I miss DTM.
I agree, I actually find DTM PR "arrogance" quite pathetic considering how DTM is a series one step away from the abyss..
they're trying to sell this new gt3 format as a cool series, while it's actually a huge plan B after class-one demise. Berger and friends are just taking some time hoping to be able to make the full electric switch in 2023.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4057229)   #323
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Only bad points for me were the BMWs seemed to struggle, the difference between teams in the pit stop times is quite high, the tyres dont seem to degrade much and once everything settles down on track its pretty unappealing. I mean this weekend you have GT Open, GTWC & DTM, after a while even GT3 cars can become quite stale.
How come DTM and the Australian Supercars series couldn't agree a set of regulation?

A race of BMW M4/M850i vs Mustang GT (vs unofficial Camaro SS vs Audi RS5 vs Mercedes C63/S63 Coupe) would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

Both categories would have the V8 (hybrid) coupes they so desire, would they not?
Old 19 Jun 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4057230)   #324
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Hoping the series attitude improves.
It's been like this since the first iteration in the 1990s. You're better than me, I finally gave up when it became clear that DTM saw Class One as a one-way meal ticket, and then gave up on it when they realised it wasn't.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4057311)   #325
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTM feels so generic now